Ascent Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ascent Media

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ascent Media (Burbank, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

The recruiter was the best I have ever worked with. Great at communicating and assisting in making the process as painless as possible.

I interviewed with 6 executives, including the hiring manager. Sharp people who asked smart questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated more salary but was not able to negoiate increased vacation time.

Vice President Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ascent Media (Santa Monica, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

10 interviews with 9 different people over 8 weeks. And then in a holding pattern for 2 more while they tried to make a decision.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ascent Media (Santa Monica, CA) in March 2007.

Interview

Knowing someone inside the company was very helpful. Many positions are re-thought as candidates come forward, and jobs will be tuned to talented people that Ascent sees as providing value beyond the advertised position; this leaves many job tasks unfulfilled, requiring retuning a group of advertised positions. It's best to present all your skills and interests, after highlighting that experience and skill-set which directly addresses the advertised position. This is particularly relevant in this company, as business development and M&A efforts may negate the original reasons to hire a position, but due to the time and effort put in during the interview process, Ascent may very likely call to see if you are interested in a different role, or just put you into a different role to fill a need for the time being.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with people who have made it difficult to get projects and tasks completed?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Salary, bonus, and unpaid leave, are the only areas up for negotiation. The bonus program may have been terminated in the present climate. Stock may be a potential negotiation point. Senior managers with over five years of service have had to deal with a very unreasonable vacation policy, so there is no room for negotiation on 2 weeks vacation annually through five years of service; don't bother trying this point unless an HR decision is made which indicates otherwise.