Ashland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Ashland Interview Questions

Interviews at Ashland

2.7

Lab Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ashland in February 2015.

Interview

This was not a good experience. I don't even think the HR person read my resume before contacting me over the phone. The position was labeled as a job for someone with no experience (entry level), but I was passed over for not having an internship or co-op. Most of the questions dealt with lab experiences. This was a very confusing job posting, and I hope that the company learns to ask for what they actually want before they accept applications.

Interview Questions

• What instruments have you worked with before?   1 Answer

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ashland (Wayne, NJ) in February 2013.

Interview

2 phone interviews before i was called in for a presentation. After two weeks, was called again for a Webex presentation. Got the offer within a week of the 2nd presentation.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why Ashland? 2. Many technical questions about the work. 3. Design an experiment of how you would perform a said project.   1 Answer

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ashland (Wilmington, DE) in January 2011.

Interview

The first interview was at the University, with a scientist. A few weeks after that I received an email stating there would be an onsite interview to be scheduled later that month. The night before the interview I flew in, went out to dinner with my host. This gave me the opportunity to ask questions about Ashland/Culture/Delaware. The next day I had 9 interview (yes 9 -8 with scientist 1 with HR) and a I gave a seminar. The talk and the questions went well. The interviews focused on sports and how I solve problems.

Interview Questions

• I did very technical academic research in grad school. Could I be happy / interested in applied research?   Answer Question
    • Derive heat capacity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was my first job out of school and my only offer. I asked to be put up in a hotel while I looked for an apartment.

I would suggest asking for a signing bonus, just in case it works.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ashland (Dublin, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

No technology questions at all. Very casual. They require previous employers information and managers' contact information. Some personality questions. The company is not fortune 500 any more. The technologies used in IT is pretty old.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Inventory Control Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ashland (West Chester, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by 3 people in management. Discussed skills and experience. Discussed Company's Salary and Benefits. Described position and responsibilities. Discussed company's goals and expectations. Discussed availability. Discussed work attire.

Interview Questions

• Are you available immediately?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary, hours, availability.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ashland (Wilmington, DE) in March 2015.

Interview

Went in for an interview, then had a phone interview later that week. Phone interview was more technical questions. It was fairly laid back. They wanted to go through my resume and then wanted to make sure I wanted to use skills that would fit their office.

Interview Questions

• Specifically, what skills do you want learn better and use?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ashland (Columbus, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

First interview with the Corporate Recruiter. Second interview with VP of Marketing & Business Development. Third interview with HR Director

Dysfunctional team and process at Ashland Performance Materials in Columbus, Ohio. Months after two interviews, I still have no received any feedback on the outcome. I have left voice messages but still no response. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Steer clear of Ashland Performance Materials!

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ashland (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in December 2009.

Interview

Found by a recruiter. Process included meeting team, supervisor and Pres of company. Good overall understanding

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Valvoline? What makes Valvoline special to you? How did you come about making that decision?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated a few dollars more, as well as additional vacation time. Should have held out longer on saying yes, could have gotten two additional weeks instead of one.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ashland (Dublin, OH) in March 2010.

Interview

Panel interview - it was efficient as candidate does not have to repeat himself. Ashland uses the "STAR" methodology: Situation, Task, Action, Results when evaluating candidate answers. This is actually a very good methodology for any candidate to base his answer on.

Interview Questions

• There was not one really - the most difficult part is that there are 3-4 people pummeling you with questions, but it's an efficient interview process. You don't have to repeat yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Reasonable

Treasury Interview

Anonymous Employee in Covington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ashland (Covington, KY) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied and about a week later received an email for a phone interview. After the interview, the interviewer stated that they would follow up with an email after they interviewed the rest of the applicants and chose the ones that would move forward. The day after the interview, I received an email for another interview for the next day with 2 other members from the treasury department. Both interviews went really good and they stated that they would get back to me next week.

Interview Questions

• Questions that just clarified prior experience and walking through resume   Answer Question