Ashland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 10, 2016

2.8

Production Area Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calvert City, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ashland (Calvert City, KY) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a 30 minute plant tour, a 30 minute benefits overview with an HR representative, and two panel interviews each one hour long with two different groups of four. The plant tour was very brief and was conducted inside of a company vehicle with a trainer who was very talkative and friendly. The benefits overview was also very brief and to the point. Both panel interviews were 90% behavioral questions and in total there were around 20-30 questions asked. It was a little excessive in my opinion and I would have preferred more questions related to the role and to my background. In between the panel 1 and 2 interview, I was kept waiting for almost an hour for them to finish interviewing the candidate before me and I think that this could have been managed better. Overall, I think it was okay, but they could work on their time management as well as their interview style.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to think outside the box.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ashland in April 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contact, phone interview, and flight to Dallas for a face to face interview. In the process the recruiter left the company they were working for and the folks at Valvoline seemed uninterested in interviewing me. I flew half way across the country to meet with them and it was a waste of my time.

Global Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ashland (Columbus, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

Essentially your stereotypical interview going over you resume and past experiences. They asked a few questions relating to supply chain management but not nearly as many as I thought. Be prepared to relate the job to other fields of business.

Chemcial Engineering Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ashland in February 2016.

Interview

Ashland Reps came to the spring Career fair, I had a very good conversation with one of the recruiters (who was a young alumni of my school) I asked her about the internship application process and she said they would be in contact in about 2 week for phone interviews. I had an interview, and 2 days later got the offer.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ashland.

Interview

First interview was basic, just going over my resume. It was 2 people interviewing me. They both talked about their background and then asked me to talk about mine in the same format. As I talked through my resume they asked for specifics about things that interested them. And then at the end they asked if I had any questions.

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ashland (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview at corporate offices with 4-5 people at one time. They fly you out depending on where you live and what the job you're applying for is.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ashland (Wilmington, DE) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview then A on site interview. I felt that there was no structure with this interview process.

At first the recruiter called me at 6pm requesting I come on site for a interview the following day. The two people who were going to interview me were both late. One of the managers diminished the position to push away my interest.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a unpleasant team mate?

What do you think your greatest challenages will be?
      Answer Question

Senior Research Chemist Interview

Interview

Basic phone interview. Went over resume information and details of the job. Talked to hiring manager and another lab personnel about the position. The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and we discussed how my background and work history would fit the job criteria.

EHS Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ashland.

Interview

Went to open interview on my college campus and was invited back for a formal interview the following week. Was a quick process and all people involved were nice and professional.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ashland (Wilmington, DE) in March 2015.

Interview

Went in for an interview, then had a phone interview later that week. Phone interview was more technical questions. It was fairly laid back. They wanted to go through my resume and then wanted to make sure I wanted to use skills that would fit their office.

Interview Questions

• Specifically, what skills do you want learn better and use?   Answer Question