Ask Applications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Ask Applications

2.7

Sort:

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ask Applications.

Interview

Had a 30-minute interview with HR. Asked about why IAC and a little more about my background. Two weeks later told me I didn't make it to the next round. Was told I didn't have enough experience.

Interview Questions

• Why IAC Applications? What project are you most proud of and why?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ask Applications (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

3 seperate phone interview. First phone interview was with HR and was very simple. The second phone interview was very technical. The third one was technical as well. Phone interviews are interesting because it is hard to test your coding skills. The only advice I could give is to go over all of the basics.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ask Applications (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a mess. They don't know what they are doing there. The person didn't get to know me and instead spent the entire time selling me the job. Poor skills. Poor management.

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ask Applications (Yonkers, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The process seemed quick and informative -- at first.

I had a phone screen on March 11 with a recruiter and then with the person who would my boss on March 12. I was then given a writing test, in which I wrote a basic social media strategy for some of Mindspark's more popular sites and apps, and also wrote sample social media posts.

I went to Yonkers (the job was based in NYC) for an in-person interview on March 18. I met with the two people I had spoken to on the phone plus two other people from relevant departments. This was to be a new position and the opportunity seemed very exciting. I was told I would be notified of next steps "within the next few days."

That was the last contact I ever had with Mindspark. I wrote brief, polite follow-ups every few weeks and received only silence. Finally, I saw that the position had been re-listed, which confirmed that I didn't get the job. I wrote to the recruiter -- who had spoken to be on the phone and in person -- for feedback on my interview. No response.

I find it very frustrating, discourteous, and frankly hurtful that none of the four people I met with took the time to ever contact me again after my interviews. I also wonder if Mindspark is using the social media strategy and content I created for them for free.

The entire experience, which started out great, turned absolutely terrible. I would seriously consider this candidate experience before ever accepting any job at any of Mindspark's brands, and would warn others of the lack of care and courtesy shown by multiple people at multiple levels in multiple departments.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to submit a social media strategy and sample posts for several of Mindspark's brands. I have no idea what happened to that information after my six interviews, as no one at the company ever contacted me again, despite being told I would hear information -- good or bad -- "in the next few days."   1 Answer

Web Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ask Applications (White Plains, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied for this position through one of the career websites. There were 3 rounds in the interview process. 15 minute HR interview on the phone, a 30 minute programming test that was sent to me by email followed by a technical interview with a manager. The entire process took about a week and my offer was sent to me by email. I was given 1 week to accept or reject this offer.

Interview Questions

• I was given a snippet of Javascript code and asked to modify it to get desired output.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ask Applications in April 2017.

Interview

I had an initial HR screening where she asked me basic questions regarding my previous experience. Then I moved on to the second round where I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and he went into more detail on the role.

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ask Applications (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

First Round behavioral phone interview, asked general resume questions, interest in the company, and future career plans. Was called on the phone, lasted around 30 minutes or so. Generally friendly woman from HR.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ask Applications.

Interview

I had two phone interviews then I was invited onsite to interview in Yonkers, New York. The scheduling was done very well. I was informed in every step of the process.

Android Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ask Applications in April 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview with an HR representative who was very nice and engaging just to gather information about my current situation and reason for my interest in applying for the position.

A second phone interview was held with the software Engineering Director. Some basic java questions just to feel out my qualifications. Was a very motivated and engaging individual.

The third interview was in the beautiful IAC building in NY. I met with two project managers who seemed very talented and capable. They wanted to get a feel for what it was like to work with me and how I would solve or at least plan on solving certain problems. Then I met again in person with the Software Engineering Director and he focused all his questions on Android material. Mostly questions related to specific Android Tools rather than algorithm solving and particular solutions. I was a little taken aback since the specific tools are not necessarily required to develop applications in Android and you could conceivably develop applications without them. He also used a lot of acronyms which I was not familiar with. Overall the process and the people were very pleasant and it seems like a promising gig.

Interview Questions

• The question that was most puzzling was not because it was difficult but it seemed very subjective and I perhaps thought about it much deeper than necessary. "How many items do you have in a control before it's time to decompose them?"   1 Answer

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ask Applications (Yonkers, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Interview was straight forward, had an interview on the phone and then in person.   1 Answer