Atlas Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 7, 2017

2.2

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Atlas Research (Washington, DC) in May 2017.

Interview

Standard 30-45 min phone interview with HR, followed by second phone interview with Team members, and the last interview is an in-person interview with the career manager and VP of the area that the position is being held.

Interview Questions

• Examples of times when you had to write proposals, subject matter expert questions, management style, communications style, are you fun to work with, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Atlas Research (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online through Indeed.com and was initially contacted via LinkedIn by a Human Capitol person. While cmmunicating with them, I was asked about 3 weeks later to come in for an on-site interview with an HR Manager and a Resource Manager. The interview went very well, however, HR called me the day after and said they felt I would be better fit in another position and asked for me to come in for another on-site interview the next day. The second interview began with 2 team members who I would be working with in this position, then I was individually interviewed again with the HR Manager and a Senior VP. All the interviews went very well. I was offered the position later that same day and accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't really any negotiating. I gave them my initial salary requirements, but due to having another offer and a second pending from other companies, I let them know my salary requirements had increased and their offer would need to be competitive. I was offered more than my requirement.

Director of Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlas Research (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

I had a screening call with the Vice President of Communications and then had the opportunity to meet with the president of the company for over an hour. I was very impressed with the mission of the company and the impact of the work they do. I then had the chance to meet with several members of the senior leadership and to find out more about the clients that they serve, primarily with the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Department of Health and Human Services.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my experience as a government contractor as well as working as a federal employee.   Answer Question

Director of Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Atlas Research (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

During my first interview for this newly created job, I was asked my salary expectations which I gave as a range. The person I interviewed with (who had been doing the job) was fine with the range I named. I then interviewed with the CEO and had a great conversation. I was concerned the position my be too low for my level of experience, and they were still fleshing it out as we talked. But, I then heard from the first person to interview me that I was getting an offer. I had expected to meet more of the team, but they were hiring a lot of people and seemed to want to move quickly. A recruiter (I think an internal one) I had never spoken with called to offer me the position and then lowballed my salary by $25k. Since I was not entirely convinced she knew which candidate she was talking to (didnt know the title of the job she was offering, didnt know who I had interviewed with), I went back to the first person who interviewed me. She was equally surprised I was offered so much less than we had discussed and said she would look into it. A different recruiter called back a few days later and offered me $5k lower than the previous offer!! When I said that it was far less than my experience level usually demanded, the response was "I know. We were just hoping you would accept it." I did not! They followed up that conversation with a formal rejection notice, forgetting that I had turned them down twice already. Although the organization itself impressed me, the recruiting process left a lot to be desired. When they settled on the final role, they really should have just called me and told me it was too low for me and it wasn't a good fit. The CEO eventually did that in an email response to my thank you note for the interview, but then I got the formal rejection from HR which just capped off the bad experience. Too bad. I think they need to work on their operations side to keep it from negatively affecting their ability to grow and hire.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Atlas Research (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

Quick and will provide offer by end of the week. Then it took excesdingly long to hear back about any changes to the offer. Phone interviews are generally glowing and this is because people are still so new.

Interview Questions

• Very few. They will ask you want you like and then say they can provide this.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Terrible. They just didn't negotiate or explain why or give options.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Atlas Research (Washington, DC) in November 2014.

Interview

The first interview was with two current employees: a potential coworker and what would become my immediate supervisor. The interview lasted approximately 30 to 40 minutes and consisted of a review of my resume and a few questions.

The second interview was a panel interview and included discussions with a couple VP's at Atlas, as well as a Project Manager and a consultant. The second interview was surprisingly more laid back than the first and lasted less than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe your methodology for the work you did at your previous employer.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Atlas Research (Washington, DC) in August 2010.

Interview

I received an invitation for a phone interview where I was screened by an HR representative. Then I was invited to a 4 hours in-person interview. We were there with 12 other applicants, had 2 panel interviews (each with at least 2 people) and a writing sample which included questions on a research article as well as a mock email response to an unhappy client. While it's a new company, they clearly take themselves very seriously. They kept emphasizing how the RA's basically do all the grunt work.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself, given your skills, fitting into this company?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Atlas Research in March 2011.

Interview

I was recommended to the firm by a senior executive who has been a colleague and friend for many years. He called, told me about the position, and invited me to meet with the organization's top leadership over dinner in DC. I agreed and the dinner meeting/interview was interesting and pleasant. Two days later, I met again with them, and received an offer to join the firm.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind having to spend time overseas, sometimes in some pretty rough places?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation process was informal. It took place over lunch and was more like a discussion among friends. The CEO of the firm and I talked openly and reached an agreement together.