Atlassian Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Atlassian Interview Questions

Interviews at Atlassian

1. Featured Interview

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Atlassian (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

The interview consisted of three steps.

- First was an online assessment consisting of multiple coding challenges.
    - Second was a phone interview regarding mostly behavioural questions
    - Third is an on-site interview of 3 stages.

The three stages include a whiteboard interview, a coding challenge, and a behavioural interview.

Interview Questions

• For the whiteboard interview, they asked me to structurally go through any project I completed prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Full Stack Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Atlassian in July 2020.

Interview

1 recruiter phone screen,
    1 technical phone interview with a junior engineer ( this part was easy),
    1 virtual onsite (2 coding, 2 behavioral, 1 system design). System design was the most challenging. Behavioral rounds test for team fit and values fit.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlassian.

Interview

After a brief intro call with recruiter, I was scheduled for a phone screen round. The interview process was fairly standard, interviewer asked a question and then we discussed on how to improve time and space complexity. I was able to solve the problem and answer follow up questions of interviewer.
    The worst part was I was ghosted by the recruiter. I assume they don't want to move forward but it is quite unusual to not reply to any of your email.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlassian (Atlanta, GA) in July 2020.

Interview

30 minute Interviewed with HR; questions were well considered and showed they had reviewed my background and were serious about my application. Although I did not get a job offer the interviewer contacted me to let me know why they hired a different person.

Principal Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlassian.

Interview

first talk with recruiter and then hiring manager. The interview with hiring manager includes a case study. After taking with hiring manager, it should be technical phone screen

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Atlassian.

Interview

Atlassian reached out to me for a data analyst position they were looking to fill fairly quickly. I had a pretty positive interaction with the recruiter, and he pushed me to the hiring manager round the same day. However, this is when the negative experience began. The hiring manager seemed completely disinterested in anything I had to say. He did not respond to a single point I made and just went through the questions for 30-40 min. At the end the hiring manager said "yeah so we're looking for someone far more senior than you" and essentially ended the call.

Why reach out to me if you knew you were looking for someone with more experience? That is something that is completely out of my control. Atlassian definitely has a lot of work to do to communicate with their recruiters, because my time was wasted.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, asked some questions more specific to my experience. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Atlassian (Austin, TX) in June 2020.

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter
    Hiring manager screen
    Onsite (scheduled but cancelled):
    - Hiring manager
    - Values
    - Coding
    - Systems Design
    - Fullstack Interview

Overall the interview process was very long and just disappointing. I had high hopes for Atlassian when I started but because of the lengthy process I ended up cancelling since I had other offers. The recruiter constantly apologized for the delay from the very beginning and was very difficult to reach. On the phone, the recruiter said they were flexible in scheduling and said they could schedule the interview whenever but that wasn't the case when I tried to schedule the "virtual" onsite.

It took over 3 weeks just to get the final interview scheduled and I constantly had to rearrange my schedule to try and fit Atlassian in. By the time it was scheduled I already had two offers to I just cancelled.

The recruiter was difficult to reach and often responded 5 to 7 days late after emailing multiple times. I even called a few times but he never returned my call. It didn't seem like I was a priority so I moved on.

Interview Questions

• General questions about experience and projects I've completed.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Atlassian (Austin, TX) in June 2020.

Interview

Recruiter phone screen -> team phone technical -> one leetcode easy -> didn’t move on to in house but took 2 weeks for me to email them to tell me. Super unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Find words in a sentence with the most repeated characters   1 Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Atlassian (Austin, TX) in June 2020.

Interview

15 min interview by recruiter. Very short with only one question. Recruiter seem to be in a hurry to get off the phone. I could have done better job providing crisp answer to the first q asked. ...

Interview Questions

• Give an example of recent Project that you completed successfully.   1 Answer

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I got interviewed for Atlassian Bangalore recently. First round was code pairing round. Here you will be given a Atlassian codebase and you have to fix bugs/add features to it. I could solve most of the questions but got a rejection because they were expecting me to use a predefined function which I didn't remember at that point of time so I gave alternate solution which works pretty well. Bad experience overall!!

Interview Questions

• Code base consists of Classes for User, Groups and their relationship.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Atlassian.

Interview

1. Interview with recruiter
    2. Zoom meeting w/ hiring manager
    3. Zoom panel interview (usually in-person but Covid)
        + 4 (30 Minute) Zoom calls w/ peers and managers
        + 1 (45 minute) Zoom w/ Values interview
    4. Recruiter called and let me know I got the job.