Auburn University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.4

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Auburn University (Auburn, AL).

Interview

Employee referral, normal. Just make sure to go over pretty basic interview questions on strengths and weaknesses etc. They like if you think on your feet the most. Be prepared to have ideas for your department.

Interview Questions

• Q: What would you do if given xyz project.   1 Answer

Coordinator of Research and Instruction Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Auburn University (Auburn, AL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the website, it took a full three+ months until the initial contact. I did a brief phone interview with the person who would be my supervisor, followed by a Skype interview with several faculty from the department. I then had a follow up phone interview with the head of the department. I was offered the position the following week and then spent about a week doing salary negotiations. However, it took another three weeks to get the official offer letter. The downside was that once everything was completed they wanted me to start almost immediately even though I had to move in from out of state.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Auburn University (Auburn, AL) in December 2016.

Interview

Two in person interviews. I had previously been working as a graduate student in the department, and I was offered to apply for the position. The interview process was fairly short compared to other interviews I've had, mainly because I was already very familiar with the interviewer.

The second interview was much longer and involved a brief teaching demonstration. Overall it was a fairly easy interview, as I had previous experience in the subject to be taught.

Administrative Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Auburn University.

Interview

Online application process requiring resume, references and additional questions. Was selected for an interview - - a roundtable of 6, with somewhat disjointed and unrelated questions that did not provide for a good flow or opportunity to drill deeper - - just answer the question, then on to the next unrelated question. Was there almost 2 hours so hoped for the best. Followed up with a personal email to all on the committee within 2 business days - no response from even one person. Followed up again 2 weeks later and again no response, no "we enjoyed meeting you as well" or update on where things were in the process. I finally learned 4-5 weeks after interview on the job site that I was not chosen when the status of the job went from "interviews in process" to "candidate selected". I am a passionate Auburn University grad, and must say I am very disappointed in the lack of professionalism given to candidates who put many hours into this rigorous employment process time and time again. This has been going on for years, and the reputation for this has been long standing. Many colleagues have sworn they will never apply with Auburn again. Very disappointing Auburn.

Interview Questions

• An overly broad question: What do you think is the greatest challenging in ____ (insert job/industry) at this time?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Auburn University (Auburn, AL) in September 2016.

Interview

I sent my resume to them. It got reviewed and called in for an interview. It lasted about 30 minutes and heard back the next week. It was a simple, basic interview.

Telecounselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn University, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Auburn University (Auburn University, AL).

Interview

The first phase was a brief phone interview after they reviewed and approved my application. They mostly asked about why I love Auburn and other general questions. The second stage was an in-person interview with three interviewers. It lasted no more than ten minutes and was somewhat laid back. They were mostly interested in how well you can communicate professionally to prospective students and want to make sure you will represent Auburn well. Only apply for this job if you truly love Auburn and want to give back!

Line Crew Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Auburn University (Auburn, AL) in April 2016.

Interview

Was referred to work line crew by a current employee. Called the airport to ask if there was job availability. Came in to interview about a week later one-on-one with the manager. Brought in a resume and was offered a job the same day.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Auburn University (Auburn, AL) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted with Facility and Operations Supervisors alongside the Informal Recreation Coordinator and Events and Reservations Coordinator. It was not stressful at all, and they were seeking your knowledge about the facility and getting a better judgment on your personality type. Also, the interviewers were asking scenario questions to see how you would react under a particular circumstance.

Interview Questions

• If a Facility Attendant was behaving negatively, how you you approach him or her?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Auburn University (Auburn, AL) in December 2015.

Interview

Professor asked my experience and projects I did.
    I described the skills I was familiar with. And list the projects I had done before. And also, I described the technology difficulties I met during the work, and how I solved them.

Interview Questions

• What skills are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Auburn University.

Interview

It was very brief and included a tour of the facility where I would be working. The only questions asked were about my schedule, how long I would be able to work, when I planned to graduate and when I would be able to start. It was very much entry level and they helped to train me after I was employed.