Auburn University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Auburn University (Auburn, AL) in November 2010.

Interview

Very simple questions, situational mostly.

Interview Questions

• What's the most challenging obstacle you've ever had to overcome?   Answer Question

Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Auburn University (Auburn, AL) in May 2013.

Interview

IF you know someone you only have to go in and apply. They are very prompt at returning phone calls, and do not mess around with the hiring process. They are super chill, very relaxed working environment until it isn't.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work on a team?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Auburn University in January 2015.

Interview

I got it through my advisor , and he helped me in the process. It was good for me cuz they waived my tuition , and the interview was easy.

Interview Questions

• Why do i want to work for them?   1 Answer

Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Auburn University (Auburn, AL) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process took several weeks. After the initial one on one interview, I waited almost a month before getting an offer. This is due to all the different checks that the HR department had to do.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you could do this job better than anyone else?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Administrative Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Auburn University.

Interview

Online application process requiring resume, references and additional questions. Was selected for an interview - - a roundtable of 6, with somewhat disjointed and unrelated questions that did not provide for a good flow or opportunity to drill deeper - - just answer the question, then on to the next unrelated question. Was there almost 2 hours so hoped for the best. Followed up with a personal email to all on the committee within 2 business days - no response from even one person. Followed up again 2 weeks later and again no response, no "we enjoyed meeting you as well" or update on where things were in the process. I finally learned 4-5 weeks after interview on the job site that I was not chosen when the status of the job went from "interviews in process" to "candidate selected". I am a passionate Auburn University grad, and must say I am very disappointed in the lack of professionalism given to candidates who put many hours into this rigorous employment process time and time again. This has been going on for years, and the reputation for this has been long standing. Many colleagues have sworn they will never apply with Auburn again. Very disappointing Auburn.

Interview Questions

• An overly broad question: What do you think is the greatest challenging in ____ (insert job/industry) at this time?   Answer Question

Administrative Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Auburn University (Auburn, AL) in February 2012.

Interview

Email from Dean's assistant to setup the interview in a matter of days. Arrived at interview and was greeted and welcomed. All female panel interview. Each person was friendly yet quite reserved. Told that a decision would be made by the end of week and would be told either way. No communication for a month after the interview. Finally, recieved postal mail letter of rejection after positon was filled.

Interview Questions

• How does this fit your long and short term goals?   1 Answer

Membership Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Auburn University (Auburn, AL) in February 2015.

Interview

I walked into the office and there was a lady asking me interview questions. She was very cordial and very professional. I answered the questions to the best of my ability selling myself when I felt it was appropriate. She wrote down some things I was saying then told me she would contact me if I got the job. I received an email 3 days later and showed up for my first day of work it was a great situation.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a blind person was attempting to get into the recreation center?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn University, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Auburn University (Auburn University, AL).

Interview

Panel Interview with the entire staff and they each asked their own behavioral questions. Intimidating because there was no warning of 8+ attending interview but overall was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything difficult. Mostly questions about experience and how I would handle different customer service related scenarios.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Auburn University (Auburn, AL) in September 2010.

Interview

the interview was pretty smooth, thye ask some basic questions like to describe your work expenrience, give an example to prove you are a fast learner, etc, the brancgh manager and teller supervisor are very nice, they gave me a plenty of time to ask questions. you felt like you would get the offer. I waited for a week and no one notified me bout their decision.

Interview Questions

• desrcibe your past work experience   1 Answer
    • what is your greatest weakness   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Auburn University (Auburn, AL) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied the job on Auburn University website and a few months later I got an email, stating that I got Teaching Assistant offer. So there is no interview in this job application, I only sent my GPA, GRE and TOEFL scores, Personal Statements and Recommendation Letters to the Admission Department.

Interview Questions

• I applied the job online and got Teaching Assistant offer without any interview.   Answer Question