Auburn University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.4

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Auburn University (Auburn, AL) in December 2016.

Interview

Two in person interviews. I had previously been working as a graduate student in the department, and I was offered to apply for the position. The interview process was fairly short compared to other interviews I've had, mainly because I was already very familiar with the interviewer.

The second interview was much longer and involved a brief teaching demonstration. Overall it was a fairly easy interview, as I had previous experience in the subject to be taught.

Administrative Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Auburn University.

Interview

Online application process requiring resume, references and additional questions. Was selected for an interview - - a roundtable of 6, with somewhat disjointed and unrelated questions that did not provide for a good flow or opportunity to drill deeper - - just answer the question, then on to the next unrelated question. Was there almost 2 hours so hoped for the best. Followed up with a personal email to all on the committee within 2 business days - no response from even one person. Followed up again 2 weeks later and again no response, no "we enjoyed meeting you as well" or update on where things were in the process. I finally learned 4-5 weeks after interview on the job site that I was not chosen when the status of the job went from "interviews in process" to "candidate selected". I am a passionate Auburn University grad, and must say I am very disappointed in the lack of professionalism given to candidates who put many hours into this rigorous employment process time and time again. This has been going on for years, and the reputation for this has been long standing. Many colleagues have sworn they will never apply with Auburn again. Very disappointing Auburn.

Interview Questions

• An overly broad question: What do you think is the greatest challenging in ____ (insert job/industry) at this time?   Answer Question

Telecounselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn University, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Auburn University (Auburn University, AL).

Interview

The first phase was a brief phone interview after they reviewed and approved my application. They mostly asked about why I love Auburn and other general questions. The second stage was an in-person interview with three interviewers. It lasted no more than ten minutes and was somewhat laid back. They were mostly interested in how well you can communicate professionally to prospective students and want to make sure you will represent Auburn well. Only apply for this job if you truly love Auburn and want to give back!

Line Crew Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Auburn University (Auburn, AL) in April 2016.

Interview

Was referred to work line crew by a current employee. Called the airport to ask if there was job availability. Came in to interview about a week later one-on-one with the manager. Brought in a resume and was offered a job the same day.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Auburn University (Auburn, AL) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted with Facility and Operations Supervisors alongside the Informal Recreation Coordinator and Events and Reservations Coordinator. It was not stressful at all, and they were seeking your knowledge about the facility and getting a better judgment on your personality type. Also, the interviewers were asking scenario questions to see how you would react under a particular circumstance.

Interview Questions

• If a Facility Attendant was behaving negatively, how you you approach him or her?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Auburn University (Auburn, AL) in December 2015.

Interview

Professor asked my experience and projects I did.
    I described the skills I was familiar with. And list the projects I had done before. And also, I described the technology difficulties I met during the work, and how I solved them.

Interview Questions

• What skills are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Auburn University.

Interview

It was very brief and included a tour of the facility where I would be working. The only questions asked were about my schedule, how long I would be able to work, when I planned to graduate and when I would be able to start. It was very much entry level and they helped to train me after I was employed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Auburn University.

Interview

I sat with the director and assistant director of the office. I was a very pleasant interview with standard questions that related to the department. I felt very at ease during the interview. They laid out the job as much as they could and also expressed the changes they wanted for my position. Overall, I felt like I had a good idea of what the job was, expectations, and the future of the position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn University, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Auburn University (Auburn University, AL).

Interview

Panel Interview with the entire staff and they each asked their own behavioral questions. Intimidating because there was no warning of 8+ attending interview but overall was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything difficult. Mostly questions about experience and how I would handle different customer service related scenarios.   Answer Question

Equal Employment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Auburn University (Auburn, AL) in July 2015.

Interview

Went really well, the office staff was extremely nice. I was Interviewed by a panel which was intimidating at first, but ended up going really well. Once that interview was over I was introduced to the Director, who was extremely nice.

Interview Questions

• Was I okay with talking about uncomfortable situations with students?   1 Answer