KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Aurora Energy Research Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 28 of over 28 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aurora Energy Research

Aurora Energy Research

Application

I interviewed at Aurora Energy Research

Interview

3 Rounds if interviews with a mix of technical, logical reasoning and background questions. Interesting conversations with the interviewers made it a good experience! The timeline was a bit long since they were interviewing multiple candidates but the hr team was communicative throughout

Interview Questions
  • Describe your background as it relates to the position
    Answer Question

Aurora Energy Research

Application

I interviewed at Aurora Energy Research

Interview

initial virtual interview consisted of motivational questions and then some brain teaser type questions. This lasted about 40 minutes. My interviewer was very pleasant and made me feel very comfortable especially given I had technical issues joining the meeting and so was 15 minutes late.

Interview Questions
  • If the time is 2:10 in how many minutes will the clock hands meet

Aurora Energy Research

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aurora Energy Research in Mar 2022

Interview

The Interview process was pretty straightforward, but not pleasant. The interviewer seemed very uninterested and was not very organised. The case study question in the first (and only) interview was quite easy.

Interview Questions
  • Competency based questions. Questions related to the Energy Sector

Aurora Energy Research

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aurora Energy Research in Feb 2022

Interview

The interview process was 2 stages; I had my first stage interview and was not invited to a second. I received an email 10 days after my interview that the position had been filled. However, the company is still actively recruiting for the role. When I emailed asking for further details, I was ignored.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about Aurora? Standard competency questions. Standard technical aptitude questions.
1 person found this interview helpful

Aurora Energy Research

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aurora Energy Research in Dec 2021

Interview

I had a chance to go through 2 stages of the interview process and was told that there was another one, the last one, as a behavioral interview, which I did not go to.

Interview Questions
  • In the first round they asked several brain-teasing questions: a) At what time after 12 pm do the two hands of a clock intersect? b) If you have two points on a 5 by 5 grid, how would you find the shortest path between these two points, given that there are some obstacles on the grid, which you need to avoid? What parameter would you use to measure the performance of your model? c) A newspaper is holding a contest. People were distributed a newspaper and asked to choose a number between 0 and 100, and those whose number is closest to 2/3 of the average of all the chosen numbers wins the contest. What number would people choose the most? If you plot the histogram of the chosen numbers, what would it look like?
2 people found this interview helpful

Aurora Energy Research

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aurora Energy Research in Dec 2021

Interview

Very straightforward process. Two interviews, one with a senior analyst and one with the research lead. Each interview lasted one hour long and consisted of typical behavioural questions focused on teamwork and some small case studies. The 2nd interview had an additional written assessment.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Aurora Energy Research

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aurora Energy Research in Nov 2021

Interview

Online interview with a senior analyst from the Cambridge office but for a position in the Austin office. Interview was in two parts, first one analytical/brain teaser, second one was more of a "fit" with a focus on the interviewer talking about the company. Lasted about 35 minutes. Said they were going to get back to me after 2 weeks, reached out multiple times to HR but never heard anything back (HR answered the first time but then ghosted the second and third).

Interview Questions
  • Q1: If an analogue clock starts at 1:05, when will the minute hand cross the hour hand again (more about explaining how you get there) Q2: 1000 people (including you) take part to a raffle, where you can chose a number between 0 and 100. The one that gets closest to 2/3 of the average picked value wins. Which number do you pick. Q3: Question about graph theory. if you have a let's say 5x5 grid, how do code a script that will find the fastest way from the start point to another random point.

Aurora Energy Research

Application

I interviewed at Aurora Energy Research

Interview

Submission of CV and cover letter online followed by initial interview then longer interview day with multiple interviewers, writing assessment and case studies that focussed on maths ability. The interviews focussed on motivation and capabilities using case studies and competency questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Aurora Energy Research

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Aurora Energy Research

Interview

Lots of questions about energy market. Some classic business questions about revenue and profit. Climate change and its effects on energy sector. Electric cars and whether the government should charge more at certain hours of the day.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Aurora Energy Research

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aurora Energy Research

Interview

I had total three rounds of interview. Two of them are behavioral questions, combined with some case study/ estimation questions. The last one is a practical test, which needs to give a short presentation.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 Interviews