Austal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Austal Interview Questions

Updated Jan 27, 2017

2.8

Shipfitter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Austal.

Interview

Pretty easy talk with recruiting and an hour long hands on test. The test was 2 part. 1st being a written exam with nautical terminology and math. 2nd a hands on build from a blue print. A corner assymbly from T-Bar. flat bar and bracketry.

QUality Inspector II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Austal (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from a recruiter 3weeks later. Did a skype interview a few days later with 2 managers for Quality Inspector.( I live in Houston, Tx) It went well overall.

Interview Questions

• They asked a few behavioral questions and the rest were technical QC questions about welds, PT, Qc measuring instruments.   Answer Question

Compensation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Austal (Mobile, AL) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted 6 weeks after applying by a recruiter by email. All contact was by email and very mechanical. When I was finally called by a live person for a phone interview very basic questions were asked. I was told I was a good choice for this role, asked when i could interview and told a tentative interview date, pending the interviewer's schedule, and promised a call back in a day or two to confirm. After a week i called and emailed the recruiter repeatedly and got no response. Still waiting for any contact 3 months after the initial application.

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Austal (Mobile, AL) in September 2015.

Interview

I was called for an interview about 2 weeks after I submitted my resume. The interview went great. I interviewed with a Contracts Manager. After 3 weeks, I emailed HR and they told me they were still interviewing applicants and would let me know either way. Now it has been 5 weeks and I still havent heard anything.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions related to Contract Administration and how I handled difficult problems in the past. Very straight forward.   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Austal (Mobile, AL) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume on the career website. That next Monday I received a call from HR to schedule first interview that week. The interview was very intense. She drilled me pretty good. That following Monday I received a call that I had made it to the second round. I met with one of the upper management. More informative than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Experience questions
      What do you know about Austal?   Answer Question

Joiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Austal (Mobile, AL) in February 2015.

Interview

With director he asked many questions I answered it was a 2 person interview.
    The interview lasted about 15 minutes.
    Was asked many questions about exp.
    I answered them all in detail. Thought a few of them were unnecessary.

Systems Functional Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Austal (Mobile, AL) in June 2014.

Interview

First you are interviewed by an Human Resources representative. Then you are intereviewed by a panel of Austal employees within the department. They ask some pertinant questions and then off the wall questions such as "why are sewer grates round" Some of them have the superman complex. Not very impressed with interview process, seemed they already had their candidate picked out and were very disinterested.

Welder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Austal (Mobile, AL) in April 2014.

Interview

I had to perform a hands on welding test to see if I qualified to become a welder for the company. There were about 20 people testing with me. After The hands-on test I recruiter pulled me into the office and offered me the job

Mechanical Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Austal (Mobile, AL) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was conducted by a 3 person panel. 2 from Mechanical engineering and 1 person from HR.

The 2 representatives from engineering asked technical questions while the HR person reviewed my work history and asked general questions about what I knew about the company and how I handled certain situations on the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

After my background check was cleared I received a call from the HR representative who gave me an offer. I asked for an additional $1 an hour and got it. I probably should have asked for more.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Austal in September 2011.

Interview

Hiring was kind of easy for me. i already have the experience and knowledge. plus i used to work there before so i already have history in the company. second time getting hire back i started at 19.13/hr