Austin Lane Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Austin Lane Technologies

Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Austin Lane Technologies (Denton, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

First a phone screen that lasted about 30 minutes, then a traditional interview with two software developers. The interview began with a 30 minute programming skills check and then typical in-person interview questions about resume, goals, etc.

Interview Questions

Graphic and Web Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Austin Lane Technologies (Denton, TX).

Interview

I met a recruiter through a UNT Job Fair and talked a bit with him. He offered to set up an interview. I had an initial interview, which consisted of about an hour of general interview questions, another hour long interview later regarding technical skills, including a "test" on my graphic design skills. I had another interview a week later, which was a one on one with the vice president of the company, and then finally an interview with the president of the company, who gave the final word on whether or not I got the job.

The company seems to have a good culture, albeit very Christianity-structured, but that's not necessarily a good or bad thing, it was just interesting that they weren't afraid to explicitly state that they make bible-based decisions. One thing that stuck out to me however, was how much they were trying sell me the position, saying things like "Interns actually take off semesters from school to work for us full time!" as if that's a good thing.

They're a very driven company who makes sure to put heart into everything they do, but there are some aspects of the job that seem a bit unnecessary, as if they don't trust face value. I was told that there is a 6 month training program to all new-hires so that they can understand every little detail about the company.

I marked the interviews as difficult, but they were pretty straight forward. It's just an unnecessarily long and tedious process for an internship that starts at $12/hr. I think I would have taken the job had I not been offered another position somewhere else more closely related to my long-term goals, but I probably would have taken it because I was desperate for a new internship, I'm not sure how long I would've lasted there.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to create a brochure for Austin Lane in Microsoft Word (they didn't have any adobe products installed on the computer they put me on).   1 Answer
    • They asked me to read a basic html and css page, and asked me to draw what I think it looked like.   1 Answer
    • "Do you plan on staying in the DFW area after you graduate?   1 Answer