Australia Post Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 21, 2017

2.6

Postie Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australia Post (Melbourne (Australia)) in October 2017.

Interview

One to one interview. I received a call and was explained about position. Then interview was fixed. When you apply they assess your resume. If your resume suits them they will call you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here
      Describe how to resolve conflict in your current job
      Describe a bad customer situation
      Describe a difficult situation with customer   Answer Question

GRADUATE POSITION Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australia Post (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

The process was 5 steps long, initial applications questions and resume, online testing, video interview, assessment centre and final interview. Everyone was super friendly and really wanted me to succeed!

Interview Questions

• What is my favourite and least favourite thing about my current job?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australia Post (Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2017.

Interview

1. at mock call center role play. you get a phone call, find the customer in the system and help them with the options you have on hand and respond from the options they give you.
    2. Grammar testing.
    3. math questions, simple maths questions.
    3. typing speed to test you words per minute.

Interview Questions

• To answer a pre-recorded mock phone call.   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Australia Post (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Video interview after testing - 4 questions with 15 seconds to prepare for each, nothing too surprising as long as you can talk about why you want to work for the company and have past examples of yourself in different situations
    Assessment Centre - approximately 4 hours where you participate in group activities and give an individual presentation. Very relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
    Final Interview - 45 minute final interview with two managers in the stream you applied for, behavioural and motivation questions - have a number of STAR examples on hand and you'll be fine

Interview Questions

• Why Australia Post over other companies you may have applied for?   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australia Post.

Interview

The interview was extremely difficult. They gave only 15 seconds to prepare and the questions were very abstract and related to certain behavioural qualities. There was only four questions and I don't think you could pause between them. I went in unprepared and that was definitely a mistake - I greatly regret missing out.

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Australia Post (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2017.

Interview

Online test being the first stage and once cleared you'll have telephone interview asking behavioral questions and then police check n other thing and a face to face interview

This interview was not for an actual vacan't and was initially filled out for application of interest

Interview Questions

• Give an example from your past job where you've gone beyond your limitations to help a client   Answer Question

Postal Services Box Sorting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carnegie (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Australia Post (Carnegie (Australia)) in February 2017.

Interview

Took two months to make initial contact after applying. They will invite you to engage in the "pre-employment process" after a phone interview that leads to an in-person interview (that is very basic and I thought went very well), then a medical and having to organise a police check. This took weeks for this to eventuate into a short email saying thanks but no thanks, and when emailed multiple times asking for feedback I have been ignored.

Interview Questions

• How will you go working early hours in the morning?   1 Answer

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Australia Post (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

Pretty good, overall - nice people. There was a somewhat scattered approach to the process. Unclear about what was going to happen and when.

Multiple meetings, different people in the relevant hierarchy. Different interview techniques were used.

Interview Questions

• Previous project context and outcomes. Example tools and process.   Answer Question

Postal Services Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Australia Post (Melbourne (Australia)) in November 2016.

Interview

Completed an online application via Seek. Waited about two weeks to move onto testing. Testing has online scenarios and personality questions. Next, a phone call to get to know about applicant. Finally, an interview with 2 high-level managers from Australia Post.

Postal Delivery Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Australia Post (Brisbane (Australia)).

Interview

Telephone interview with HR and then a face to face with a Delivery Manager. This was when part-time Postal Delivery Officer positions were relatively new and their was still a reasonable amount of work (2009). I was a university student and they seemed to prefer a candidate who had something that would stop them wanting full-time work.

Interview Questions

• Mainly focused on motorcycle ability and time availability.   Answer Question