Avnet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Avnet

2.7

Computer Operator I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avnet (Tempe, AZ) in October 2019.

Interview

Interviewed with Operations Manager and he was fantastic. Took his time to explain
    the operations department function and its customer service goals which they are proud of. I was also impressed by his job description for the position but understood that no one could come into a company knowing all functions without having a learning curve. His only expectation was to have a candidate who was willing to learn and adapt to change.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avnet (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2019.

Interview

The process is fairly quick after I applied, I scheduled the interview within a week and it lasted an hour long, I was in an interview with two individuals. I did not do so well because I was too nervous but it was still a beneficial experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you tell/remind someone above you to complete a task that they may not be working on?   Answer Question
    • How do you prepare for a busier time in the year? How do you react when things do not go to plan?   Answer Question
    • What do you expect to get from this internship?   Answer Question
    • How do you work in a group setting? What are some complications that you have run into while working with a team?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Avnet (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied through Handshake and was promptly scheduled for an interview. I was offered the position not even 2 days later. The head of the internship program was extremely efficient. The process was seamless.

Interview Questions

• They asked me behavioral questions such as tell me a time you dealt with adversity. I proceeded to answer in the STAR format. I was also asked what kind of courses I have taken that would prepare me for this role.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avnet (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2019.

Interview

Phone call from HR to schedule interview, 30 minute in person interview one on one, follow up from HR on the phone where any other additional questions could be asked

Senior FAE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avnet (San Jose, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

Met with management, hiring manager, and colleagues. The interview lasted the entire day. Lunch was given. Management had no technical background. Most of the question the other FAEs asked were not technical in nature. I had a bad feeling they did not need a FAE. Once I got the offer letter... well it was extremely underwhelming. The offer letter was incredibly low, even with glassdoor salary range.

Interview Questions

• Do I consider myself technical or a salesman? Weird.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avnet.

Interview

I applied for the job online. HR called me and asked a few questions before inviting me in for an interview with the hiring manager. It ended up being a panel interview that lasted for about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What work have you done that you're most proud of and why?   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avnet in February 2018.

Interview

I received an email within a week of applying to schedule an interview. They were really nice when I got there and I didn't have to wait at all. The hiring manager showed me in to a conference room and introduced me to two interviewers who were already doing the job I'd be doing.
    They took turns asking me questions from a list that were routine. Judging by their disinterest in my responses, I got the impression that they already had hired someone and were just going through the motions. BIG time waster for all involved. When I didn't hear back from anyone a week after the interview,
    I followed up with the hiring manager via email. And I'm still waiting for a response four days later.
    I'm surprised that a company this well-known treats candidates so poorly and unprofessionally.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with colleagues who are difficult to work with?   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avnet (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

I received a call from hr specialist but no more connecting since then. It's just the first round of the hiring process and I think there should be 3 more.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avnet (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews and an in person interview. The in person interview was with the hiring manager. The interview was moderately difficult, but many STAR based questions that are easy to prepare for.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avnet (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

One week after I applied online, I received an email to schedule phone interview. Phone interview about half a hour. HR is really nice. Phone interview followed by a one to one onsite interview. Hiring manager is nice too.