Avnet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2018

2.7

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Avnet (Tucson, AZ) in April 2011.

Interview

It was very stupid process over the phone and in person. i travel from one region to another for this interview but it did not go very well...framework, and provide strategic recommendations to advance the capability and maturity of this program. Avnet’s current state capabilities of its IT Security and Disaster Recovery function was evaluated based on standard maturity models (CMM, CMMI, COBIT) as well as Deloitte’s industry perspectives.

Interview Questions

• It was very stupid process over the phone and in person. i travel from one region to another   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Avnet (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Initial interview, then ProveIt test, technical interview with a programmer, then a in person interview with a final technical interview. The test was pretty difficult java questions. More questions on libraries than I was expecting. They happily paid for a plane ticket but the day before the flight they decided to call to cancel the interview because they decided not to hire anyone and get rid of the entire project. I was very disappointed and quite confused about it since the entire interviewing process took a month and had no indication that the position was questionable to exist.

Interview Questions

• what is the purpose of a try catch statement?   1 Answer

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avnet (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, then a panel interview followed by one on one.
    Many questions, not much feed back about the company. Uninterested interviewers. Seemed like I was a nuisance. Process was drawn out, with no water.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avnet (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews and an in person interview. The in person interview was with the hiring manager. The interview was moderately difficult, but many STAR based questions that are easy to prepare for.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avnet (Tempe, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

I met with a representative from Avnet during a college recruiting fair. She was very friendly and took the time to get to know me. I gave her my resume and she emailed me to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was standard. From there, I received an invitation to schedule a second in-person interview. This interview was with two employees and was also pretty standard. It was comfortable and easy to talk to them. I received a phone call a few days later that they wanted to extend an offer which I accepted formally via email.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you are stuck on something you can't figure out? Do you ask for help or try to figure it out on your own?   Answer Question

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avnet (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Came in for one day with four 30 minute interviews and a 1 hour interview with hiring manager. The interviews took place in the corporate office in Phoenix and were each 1:1.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Avnet?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avnet (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

One week after I applied online, I received an email to schedule phone interview. Phone interview about half a hour. HR is really nice. Phone interview followed by a one to one onsite interview. Hiring manager is nice too.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avnet (Tempe, AZ) in March 2011.

Interview

First interviewed with the HR Manager. She then offered me the opportunity to interview for two different positions within the program. I did both interviews and they both went well. Everyone had a very positive attitude.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you had to learn something completly new.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avnet (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

One phone interview and one in person interview. I was referred by a friend and got in contact via email. I then received a phone call and had a screening process. Later, I met with my manager one on one and had an interview at the Phoenix location.

Interview Questions

• experience of past internships
      how you handled a tough situation
      what do you do if a teammate does not want to contribute   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avnet (Broomfield, CO) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online via my schools career website. Got a call from the recruiter a day later, had an interview onsite, got another call with a follow up interview and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your life you had to overcome something difficult.   Answer Question