Avvo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Avvo

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Sales Trainer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Avvo.

Interview

Straightforward and enjoyable interview. Questions were appropriate for position and related to background required to succeed in position. I appreciated the "What do you look for in a company?" question and emphasis on company culture.

Interview Questions

• "How would you first approach the account representatives?"   Answer Question

May 9, 2017 – HR Business Partner

Thank you for your review!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avvo in February 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me through email, asked me to do a homework coding project first, then she just disappeared! No response at all, it is not professional at all, don't waste your time with this company, the interview process is just like a joke.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avvo (Rolla, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

After few weeks when i applied online, I received a email and let me finish a model of card game. But I was busy at that time. So after a week, I finally submitted my code. so maybe this is the reason i was be declined.

Interview Questions

Avvo Response

Dec 28, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry if our process was confusing for you. All of our interviews actually take place in Seattle, WA. We have no timeline to complete the coding question and... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avvo (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Amazing intervieew exeperience. I had two interviews. One was with Recruiter. She was very friendly and made me comfortable. I was able to learn more about the company culture during the interview.

Next interview was with two developers, who were very nice. They asked technical questions that every programmer should know. I learned about the software development methodologies their team use at Avvo and also about the team size at Avvo.

I will definitely be applying in future at Avvo. Such a wonderful experience. Kudos to Avvo team. Moreover, they provided interview feedback after the final interview was conducted.

Interview Questions

• Questions about past experiences, technical questions like what is abstraction?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avvo in October 2017.

Interview

Apply summer internship position thru their official career website, wait a month for a recruiter to contact me. Then we schedule time for phone screen interview. But it was my very first phone interview, so I was too nervous and didn't go well.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avvo.

Interview

After two phone screenings and a homework exercise, I was called into one of those on-site, repetitive, and exhausting 5-hour interviews with a never ending number of employees, eight people in total.

I was told I'd hear back before the end of week, which I never did, even after I reached out both to the hiring manager and the supervisor for the position. After they make you spend essentially a whole day with them, the least they could do is email you a timely decision (since a call is apparently too "scary"). It was quite disheartening the way they avoid telling someone they didn't get the job; you'd think that's a part of the job, as uncomfortable as it is. I see that trend on other interview reviews.

Interview Questions

Avvo Response

May 9, 2017 – HR Business Partner

Thank you for your feedback. Candidate experience is important to us and we let you down. This is not the typical experience we provide our candidates. Unfortunately, we experienced some scheduling... More

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Avvo (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

This was a new position. After a phone screening by HR, was brought in for an on-site interview. Four 1-1 interviews, 30 min each. Met with 2 members of existing operations staff, both moving into other roles. This new position would both backfill work they had been doing, and cover for expansion of workload. Also met with facilities manager and CTO. Only one person asked technical questions, others asked information about previous work experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avvo (New York, NY).

Interview

During the interview, the interviewer asked about points on your resume. He also asked about why you're interested in the job and industry. Then, he asked about what you studied in school. It was a very basic interview format, and there was not anything tricky or out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Resume, interests, experiences   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

First HR, then telephonic.
    In person: 3 rounds with 1) Senior Analyst, who asked mostly about past projects and behavioral questions
    2) Head of business intelligence team: Asked simple case study, SQL and behavioral questions
    3) Director: Asked case studies to make marketing of the dept. more effecxtive

Interview Questions

• With Avvo spread across diff. regions and each region has different categories of service, how would you go about marketing for that specific category in the specific region ? What will be the key metrics to determine success of the marketing campaign overall?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avvo (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Three rounds with various sales managers. One was very aggressive and rude which tainted the experience. The other two were much more amicable and relatable. Questions were fairly standard and not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• If you overheard a fellow salesperson using questionable techniques to close a deal, would you report them to a manager or would you keep it to yourself and carry on?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avvo (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Quick process with one phone interview and one on-site interview. Mostly want to know can you talk, type and are you tenacious. They want people who can be trained and who have the mindset to close deals.

Interview Questions

Avvo Response

May 9, 2017 – HR Business Partner

Thank you for your review!