Aya Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aya Healthcare Interview Questions

Interviews at Aya Healthcare

2.6

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aya Healthcare in May 2015.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter who scheduled me to receive a phone interview with him the next day. He also emailed me a personality test. The next day at our scheduled time, he never called. This position has been open for quite a while. It's a shame they don't keep their appointments with candidates.

Jun 4, 2015 – Corporate Communications Manager

We receive a large volume of applications and carefully review each and every one. This means that we schedule many phone interviews requiring a significant output of time from our corporate... More

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aya Healthcare (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, interviewed with 2 internal recruiters and the CEO. I returned to interview with 2 directors, and the CEO one more time. They asked challenging questions and painted a great picture of what it would be like to work at Aya. They communicated well and were all impressive to speak with.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a major obstacle you have overcome, either personally or professionally."   Answer Question

Jul 18, 2018 – Marketing Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to review your interview experience. Welcome to the team!

Contracts Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aya Healthcare (San Diego, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with a recruiter, then a straightforward personality test. I was invited to come into the office for an in-person interview. They were very flexible in scheduling around my current job schedule, even doing a very early morning or late evening interview! I met with the recruiter I had done the phone interview with, then 2 managers and a senior associate in the department. Everyone was very friendly and I felt comfortable speaking with everyone. Had 2 more interviews to meet with a 3rd manager and the CEO who were not available the first day. It was clear they are adamant about making sure a new hire is a good fit for the company in work ethic, skills, and personality, and I respect and appreciate that!

Interview Questions

Aya Healthcare Response

Jul 18, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Glad to have you on board! Thank you for your review.

Contracts Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aya Healthcare in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was called in for an interview pretty quickly. Met with three different people, but never received a response back from the company even after following up with them.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to research something.   Answer Question

Jul 18, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your interest in joining the Aya team. You should have received a response from us to inform you of the results of your interview. If you'dlike to reach out to our Senior Marketing... More

Multiple Positions Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aya Healthcare in April 2015.

Interview

Frustrating. The interview process is frustrating. Applied online and received a call about an hour later. I had missed the call and returned the voice-mail and left a voice-mail. Two days goes by and I decided to call again because I wanted the opportunity to interview... nothing. I left another voice-mail. At this point I felt like a stalker- this is ridiculous. After a few more attempts, I finally got a hold of the recruiter! I really wanted to ask.. what was the point of leaving a voice-mail if you weren't going to return my call? (but I didn't)

Anyway, had a good conversation- did an online personality assessment and was called back for an interview. Went in and was interviewed by the recruiter and another manager. They decided that they wanted me to interview with another manager, but they weren't in that day and said that they would contact me to schedule an interview with that manager. Well.. it's been about a week and I have not received any updates and yes.. I even called for an update, but I got nothing. They're still updating the job posting recently that I applied for so that must mean they received my messages.. but yet went back on not contacting me.

Interview Questions

Aya Healthcare Response

Jul 16, 2015 – Marketing Manager

We apologize for your frustration. Due to the volume of candidates applying for positions with Aya Healthcare we are occasionally unable to communicate as frequently as we would like. We know that... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aya Healthcare (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Same as a lot of reviews on here: I applied online, and was contacted immediately after by a recruiter to take the PI test. After taking the PI test, I was set up for a phone interview -- we discussed the typical interview questions (strengths, weaknesses, etc.) and then I was scheduled for an in-person interview. This is where it started to get a bit extensive, but in a good way if you need interviewing practice! I applied for a sales position, but the PI test revealed that I would be better in an operational position.. so I interviewed with the sales recruiter due to the position I applied for, but after the interview was over -- he said since the interview went well that he would put me in touch with the operations recruiter since I would be better in that area. The operations recruiter contacted me almost immediately after and we did a phone interview where she asked the same questions, told me about the multiple positions open, and ultimately I was set up for another in-person interview with the payroll manager. So I go in for that interview the following week and again similar questions were asked and I was able to ask a few of my own -- I thought it all went well, but I got an e-mail the day after saying they went with someone else.. lame, but I appreciate the experience I gained.

They were pretty accommodating to my current work schedule, so I think you should be upfront about scheduling if you currently have a job. Everyone I met or talked to was really nice, so again, if you need interviewing practice, this would be a great place to get it since the process can be pretty lengthy!

Interview Questions

Aya Healthcare Response

Sep 1, 2016 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your interest in working for Aya Healthcare and for taking the time to come in and meet with us. As you mentioned, our interview process can be extensive. This is because we are serious... More

Multiple Positions Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aya Healthcare.

Interview

The interview process was confusing and unprofessional overall. I have years of corporate experience, and a good amount of interview experience, and this was the first of its kind. After being told "they would be in touch" I never heard I word. The very least you could do for a candidate who took two days of their time is thank them for their interest and be straight-forward. I only found out they had decided not to hire me after I noticed the job being reposted online. Yes, I did follow up post-interview on both the first and second round.

It began with a phone screen, and a personality test followed by 2 in person interviews on different days. I met with a total of 5 people across two days in rapid fire interviews where people seemed too busy and unconcerned overall. I suspect this is because they have tons of interviews daily. As far as I can tell, no one I met with was a hiring manager, but that was never made clear to me.

From what I can gather, there is a high turnover here. Also, while trying to research the company I found some concerning reviews. This company was previously named Axis Nurses. I recommend researching thoroughly.

Interview Questions

Aya Healthcare Response

Aug 5, 2015 – Marketing Manager

Our apologies if you were not contacted promptly following your interview; however, it is possible that we are still in the process of evaluating candidates and that you will be contacted soon. You... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aya Healthcare (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I had the same experience as some other reviewers here. Spoke with a recruiter, came in to interview, was told I'd be a great fit for the company and that I'd hear back within a week, then never heard back. I also sent follow up emails (one after the interview and one later to check in) and still have received no response weeks later. I met with two recruiters and was in the office for a total of 30 minutes. The entire experience was rushed and unprofessional.

Having a staff member draft an empty apology on Glassdoor to keep up appearances for the company is unnecessary. Even if you're still "in the process of evaluating candidates" a response to a follow up email is simply common courtesy.

Interview Questions

Aya Healthcare Response

Sep 28, 2015 – Marketing Manager

We appreciate your feedback and agree that common courtesy dictates speedy email responses. We endeavor to rise above the common in all things and provide extraordinary service. We assure you that... More

Nurse Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aya Healthcare (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Start to finish for me was about a week and half. I had an Initial phone screening which lead to my 1st
    face to face meeting with two of the Directors. I was invited back for a 2nd interview to meet with two additional Directors and the CEO. It was clear from my 1st phone conversation that the goal was to make sure I was a good fit for their organization and that the focus was on quality vs. quantity. Aya is like no company I have ever worked for before because they genuinely strive for a positive and happy work environment and experience. This made me even more excited to join the team. The best way to describe my interview process and now my current employment is to say that Aya is the Nordstom of travel nursing company's.

Interview Questions

• I felt all the questions asked of me where appropriate in finding out if my goals were in line with the company's.   Answer Question

Aug 1, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review!

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aya Healthcare (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via email a month after I applied. I came in the day after I had a phone interview as he asked me to come in person. I interviewed with the recruiter in person, and he asked me to come in the following week to interview with someone else. Later on that day I was asked to come back in the same week to interview with someone else entitely. I made the time and came in and the person I was interviewing with was over a half an hour late to the interview. As I was sitting in the conference room, I had multiple people come in to ask me who I was and then who I was interviewing with. Not only is that unprofessional, its disrespectful of my time. Im not sure if the receptionist forgot to tell the person I was there, but it wasted an an additional half hour of my time.

Interview Questions

Aya Healthcare Response

Jun 3, 2015 – Marketing Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to come in and interview. It is never our intention to make you feel as if we have wasted your time and for that we apologize. We strive to avoid miscommunication... More