Azusa Pacific University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Azusa Pacific University Interview Questions

Updated Jan 9, 2018

2.2

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Azusa Pacific University.

Interview

Phone screening, in person interview, panel interview with 12 people (faculty, staff, students) on-campus. Answered 17 questions and asked about faith and work ethics, 5 year vision plan. Overall it was a lengthy and thorough process.

Financial Aid Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Dimas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Azusa Pacific University (San Dimas, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview with two supervisors and then a final interview with the two VPs.
    Phone interview was generic.
    Second interview was mostly about the job and my qualifications.
    Third interview was ALL about if you fit in with "who they are"

Would like to say I rocked my first in person interview and even got a call back within a few hours to come in for a second interview. The second interview on the other hand was horrible and probably the worst interview I have ever had with a company. It was all about my faith and how I think I would fit in with them there. I'm going to be 100% honest. I am not a crazy religious person and I even told them this in the interview but I also let them know that I have my beliefs and would like to keep learning and spreading the teachings of god. After giving my testimony the VP was almost a little too harsh about how if I am not religious I will not fit in and he would not stop going on and on about it.

When I left that day I knew I was not the right fit for the job.

Question though for APU:
    You want to spread the words of god but you are not willing to open your doors to people who are not as religious as you would like them to be for an opportunity to grow whom they are ? Doesn't sound like a true Christian to me but it's not my company so I'll just leave this hear for anyone who is in the same boat as I was. Don't waste your time unless you are willing too lie to get the job.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you bring to the table ?
      What is your faith?
      What do you know about who we are?   Answer Question

Library Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Azusa Pacific University.

Interview

I applied online and interview in person. It was one interview with the coordinator. She was very nice and let me know that I would be trained well before officially starting.

Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Azusa Pacific University (Azusa, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview involved three different stages. First a phone interview with the assistant director. Then followed by a group interview (assistant director, direct supervisor, director and co-worker) and lastly, a department dean interview. Questions were behavioral and about faith.

Student Supervisor Interview

Interview

Not stressful and very friendly. A simple and formal chat with the boss to see what your personality is like and how your will fit in. Overall very easy

Multimedia Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Dimas, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Azusa Pacific University (San Dimas, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The initial interview was with a Human Resources representative over the phone to discuss the job description, determine if I was interested in and whether or not I was qualified for the job. This interview was followed by a scheduled phone interview with the direct supervisor. where a more detailed job description was given followed by several questions and answers as well as giving me a chance to explain why I would be beneficial in this role. Lastly, an in-person interview was scheduled at the offices with executive management.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Azusa Pacific University in June 2016.

Interview

Corresponded well with interviewer, easy, was asked questions of what interests me in research. Was asked about my background and why I want this opportunity. It was a really smooth process, and I did enjoy speaking with the interviewer. Most people at APU are great people and they want wholesome quality workers. I really appreciated the opportunity to interview!

Academic Records Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Azusa Pacific University (Azusa, CA).

Interview

There was an initial interview with a panel. If you are a finalist you will move on to meeting with senior leadership. If you are selected from that then you meet with the President.

Interview Questions

• What is your statement of faith?
      How do you handle stress?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Dimas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Azusa Pacific University (San Dimas, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I submitted online application materials, was contacted the next day for the interview, interviewed the following week in front of a five person panel, and two days later they called me to say I wasn't the best fit.

MIDI Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Azusa Pacific University (Azusa, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was hired pretty much entirely without an interview. The positions are filled on an opening-basis, and the supervisor seeks out students who have had success in the music technology courses. As a result, the position is somewhat hard to get into, even if you're a qualified individual—you just have to be at the right place at the right time.