Azusa Pacific University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.1

Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Azusa Pacific University (Azusa, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview involved three different stages. First a phone interview with the assistant director. Then followed by a group interview (assistant director, direct supervisor, director and co-worker) and lastly, a department dean interview. Questions were behavioral and about faith.

Student Supervisor Interview

Interview

Not stressful and very friendly. A simple and formal chat with the boss to see what your personality is like and how your will fit in. Overall very easy

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Azusa Pacific University in June 2016.

Interview

Corresponded well with interviewer, easy, was asked questions of what interests me in research. Was asked about my background and why I want this opportunity. It was a really smooth process, and I did enjoy speaking with the interviewer. Most people at APU are great people and they want wholesome quality workers. I really appreciated the opportunity to interview!

Multimedia Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Dimas, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Azusa Pacific University (San Dimas, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The initial interview was with a Human Resources representative over the phone to discuss the job description, determine if I was interested in and whether or not I was qualified for the job. This interview was followed by a scheduled phone interview with the direct supervisor. where a more detailed job description was given followed by several questions and answers as well as giving me a chance to explain why I would be beneficial in this role. Lastly, an in-person interview was scheduled at the offices with executive management.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ?   Answer Question

Academic Records Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Azusa Pacific University (Azusa, CA).

Interview

There was an initial interview with a panel. If you are a finalist you will move on to meeting with senior leadership. If you are selected from that then you meet with the President.

Interview Questions

• What is your statement of faith?
      How do you handle stress?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Dimas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Azusa Pacific University (San Dimas, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I submitted online application materials, was contacted the next day for the interview, interviewed the following week in front of a five person panel, and two days later they called me to say I wasn't the best fit.

MIDI Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Azusa Pacific University (Azusa, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was hired pretty much entirely without an interview. The positions are filled on an opening-basis, and the supervisor seeks out students who have had success in the music technology courses. As a result, the position is somewhat hard to get into, even if you're a qualified individual—you just have to be at the right place at the right time.

Department Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Azusa Pacific University (Azusa, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

From applying to receiving the job, the timeline was about 6 months. They had gone through the process several times and had not found someone they liked for the position. Unfortunately, the job I applied for and the job I interviewed for and the job I am doing are quite different. I am guessing that had something to do with the longevity of the interview process. However, once I got an email asking for some follow up questions, I was offered an interview the next day, offered a second interview the day after the first and offer the job on the spot at the second interview. Overall, about 1 weeks time.

Residence Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Azusa Pacific University.

Interview

Two Skype interviews and one full-day in-person interview. Started the interview process in early April and was hired in early May -- about 1 month. The Skype interviews were both group settings and pretty standard Higher Ed questions were asked. The second Skype interview was probably the most difficult because it was a peer interview that included all other RDs. The on-campus interview was a full day but was the most fun. You meet with the Director, the Dean of Students, the Director of Student Life, a panel of various other Directors, and some students.

Interview Questions

• What transferrable job skills do you bring to this job?   Answer Question

Dining Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Azusa Pacific University (Azusa, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Two seperate face to face interviews with the manager of the convenience store. Very friendly and accommodating to school and social schedules. Azusa Pacific requires you fill out all paperwork and provide all necessary documents before the interview process begins. They require original copy of social security card and drivers license but otherwise a simply process.

Interview Questions

• Are you a good student?

Why are you qualified to work at APU?
      Answer Question