B&G Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

B&G Foods Interview Questions

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at B&G Foods in January 2017.

Interview

Easy application & interview process. Met with 4 different people. All seemed to go good. After not hearing back for 3 weeks I reached only to be told "we're going in another direction". So basically you wasted mine and others time.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at B&G Foods (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

Did all the usual stuff. Took tests interviewed with CEO, CFO , etc. Found that Company had an odd culture and that the CFO had a strangle hold on the organization and a bizarre view of supply chain practices including the odd notion that a business of this size could operate without warehouse management systems. The guy who did get the job lasted 11 months and had a meltdown.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at B&G Foods (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

First round of interviews was done by HR, where I completed a quick test and had a one on one interview with the HR manager. Next interview was with the hiring manager. I also met with another senior manager and the direct manager of my hiring manager. All the interviews were one on one interviews. I had two rounds with the hiring manager due to past bad hires - they were careful about making the right decisions. The interview questions were focused on my past experience and responsibilities, not behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• If I was capable of working in an environment with not a lot of resources, rolling up the sleeves. They had bad experiences with people who came from bigger companies and were used to having a lot of resouces.   Answer Question

Interview

There was no interview- I was selected by management to move up from Q.A. to Production Supervisor.

Interview Questions

• The only question that was asked to me was "What do you feel is one of the most important thing about being a supervisor?" My answer was "Knowing how to treat your employees, and showing them respect"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. At that time the company was Chipita, which was ran by Greeks. There is no negotiating with them, especially if you are a woman.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at B&G Foods.

Interview

I initially saw the post on a job board site and I got a call back from HR within a week. HR will ask you the typical 'why are you looking' question and it seems that depending if your answer is sufficient enough they'll bring you in. I was brought in immediately for an interview just a few days after the initial phone call.

Once you meet with one person from HR, it's not a structured interview. Again, they'll ask you 'why are you looking' and you'll be talking about their culture/benefits. Not much to worry about here.

The most surprising part of this was the IQ test. You are timed and you are told that you will be timed and you won't finish all the questions.

After this you are taken to the hiring manager of the team. Unfortunately the person who I met with didn't provide me with a chance to talk about my qualifications. It seemed that he's already read my resume beforehand, and when I interject with something in my resume he continued to take over the conversation.

No one reached out to me to let me know if I got the job or not.

Vice President/GM Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at B&G Foods in December 2012.

Interview

The hiring and interviewing process was very good and much what you would expect from a company like B&G Foods. The issue was the company was unsure what skills they wanted in a person. 4 interviews later they changed the spec of the postion on the fly and started the search all over again.

Open Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgan City, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at B&G Foods (Morgan City, LA) in October 2010.

Interview

I filled out my application on the hood of my car in the parking lot 3 months before I was called. I received the call the interview was scheduled. I arrived at the interview and we talked about the company and what position I might be interested in. We discussed salaries and I agreed to come aboard. I have been there every since.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I told her that I would quit my current job if she could guarantee me that I would have no less than 35 hours per week. I would give 100% as long as I got enough hour to live off and provide for my wife.