BBVA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at BBVA

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BBVA in March 2016.

Interview

Short phone interview, two Seniors, did two case studies and had a talk about my background and CV. I was also explained my area of work and I was given information on the department.

Interview Questions

• How did you solve a difficult problem at your university?   Answer Question

Interview

Very much a behavioral interview process. Mostly conversational, with role play exercises and reviews of specific capabilities. Often, the interviews occur in a 3 step process. HR, hiring manager, then corporate HQ. It seems that by the third step, it is more of a formality.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to role play various scenarios, such as a discovery meeting with prospective corporate client to dive into their new financing request - you should feel comfortable playing this scenario out in application to a variety of industries (general commercial vs. dealer floorplan, for example). Also be prepared to discuss your credit proficiencies and underwriting (or comparable) experience.   Answer Question

Interview

Done virtually due to COVID-19. Pleasant interview no more than thirty minutes. Interviewed by two managers at different locations. It felt like a normal interview despite the current conditions of the world. One manager led while the other just asked follow up questions.

Personal Banker I/Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BBVA (Humble, TX) in November 2020.

Interview

I applied and 2 months later I received a email from the district manager wanting a phone interview. After I completed the phone interview the manager wanted a google meet interview(due to covid) after completing the interview I was introduced to the branch manager to have another small interview just redirect the conversation. 2 days later I got a call from the hiring team and was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• How are you able to make sales and work in a slow pace environment? What’s your work history background ? How many years of sales experience? What do you feel about going out to get your sales ?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

was pretty easy did one over the phone and then one in person with the branch manager and the district manager over the phone listening and also was asking me questions as well. After I left within a week I got a job offer from BBVA.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation did you do at your previous job with an upset customer?   Answer Question

Interview

They take online assessment, which is fairly easy. After that the recruiter will call you to set up an interview. If they like you in the interview you get the job.

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BBVA (Birmingham, AL) in August 2020.

Interview

A member of human resources reached out to me and asked if I was available for a phone interview, my salary requirements, and to complete the application. Once the online application was completed, I was scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance in which you made policy change suggestions.   Answer Question

Private Client Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BBVA (Dallas, TX) in June 2020.

Interview

Hiring manager was making assumptions by questioning if I was fit for the role based on my ethnicity, martial status and gender. It got too personal and extremely assumptive with interview questions. Never heard back from them after making several attempts to follow up.

Interview Questions

• So did you get fired at your last job?   1 Answer

Computer Programmer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BBVA (Mobile, AL) in April 2020.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter. The interview process only went from bad to worse. At first they promised a remote role, then they said I would have to relocate to the middle of no where in Alabama. They also said right off the bat they were going to low ball me and pay way under average. If you take a look at their stock that will probably summarize why.

Interview Questions

• Simple fizz buzz problem. What's the difference between waterfall and Agile?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BBVA in February 2020.

Interview

I went to set up an account, and they encouraged me to apply. As part of the application process, you are required to take a virtual sales assessment online (you act as a sales person helping virtual customers). There will be two interviews after that. You will be asked some sales questions. They have a sheet of questions they ask for the interview, so be ready. There were only a few situational questions. This might be different depending on location (big city vs rural area).

Interview Questions

• How persuasive are you?   1 Answer
    • Tell about a time you dealt with an angry customer.   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with conflict between a coworker?   1 Answer
    • They can ask you to sell them something in the room.   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Risk Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at BBVA (Birmingham, AL) in February 2020.

Interview

The interviews were mainly just chatting to get to know me and to see how I communicated, I assume dress/groom, and if I was a cultural fit. There was some questions about my resume and my background but not any really cheesy interview questions like "Tell me your strengths and Weakness".

Interview Questions

• When I was explaining my role in my previous job, they continued with that and asked how I would handle a particular situation in that role.   Answer Question