BBVA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

CIB Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BBVA (Houston, TX).

Interview

Started with intro on campus, nothing technical

Then interview in Houston office with MDs, technical and personal. Met with several analysts who asked about my resume and several other questions about school and motivation.

Interview Questions

• No technicals you haven't seen   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BBVA (Birmingham, AL) in February 2011.

Interview

My first phone interview. Two phone interviews. Not feel well after the interviews. Need to prepare the interview better.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BBVA (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Met with two individuals, immediate supervisor and upper management. Very informative interview vs questioning. Thorough description of position and role, daily operations. Manager also questioned current salary, increases and bonuses, details were requested.

Interview Questions

• Why was I considering the move?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BBVA (New York, NY).

Interview

Quick process. Took a few days. Applied online and received a call from HR rep to talk about the position. She asked a few standard interview questions, and then set up an interview in the office. Very friendly team that I interviewed with. 3 different brief interviews, with 4 people total. All of them asked resume questions/ basic interview questions. Overall this was a good experience.

IT Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BBVA (Birmingham, AL) in January 2011.

Interview

I originally heard about the position from a friend. The job was not posted. I was contacted by an HR rep to set up the interview. Apparently, she had put the interview on a few managers calendars, but never actually contacted them to confirm the interview. Both interviews that were scheduled were missed. I left the HR Rep a phone message to alert her of the situation and she never called back. I was told by my friend that BBVA has a horrific HR dept and deal directly with the managers. The phone interviews were rescheduled by myself going directly to the managers. All the standard questions were asked like, "tell me about yourself,"and "describe a difficult situation that you had to overcome." I felt like I led the interview more and tried to anticipate the information that they needed. Everyone with whom I interviewed were extremely easy going and very nice! They really made me feel comfortable. They flew me to Birmingham where I met with 4 people, the person who would be my boss, and his boss, a peer and the peer's boss. At the end of the day, my potential boss discussed salary and it was 60% of what I had made previously. I feel had HR been involved and communicated with me, I could have saved everyone a lot of time as the offer was just too low. The company is financially strong and initially they were interested in hiring me on for contract work, but I never heard from them on that either. They didn't just have low hanging fruit, but fruit laying on the ground just waiting to be picked up! They weren't doing so many of the basic processes that would save them thousands. I felt I could come in and make a huge financial impact. I interviewed with all men, and didn't see a lot of women in the cubes around the office, so diversity and would my opinion be respected were concerns for me. I was also concerned that I would be wanting to make changes faster than they were willing to accept them.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were unexpected or difficult. "Tell me about yourself?"   Answer Question

The pay was too low. I also was not provided the specifics on the relocation package. I believe that since we couldn't come to agreement on salary, that they felt it didn't make sense to discuss the relocation.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BBVA.

Interview

it's a referral opportunity. So the interview is not very difficult.I met the hiring manager in person and she is kind and opening for asking questions. It's a positive opportunity.

Market Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BBVA (Birmingham, AL) in April 2011.

Interview

phone interview + on-site interview. Questions covered option pricing methods, monte carlo simulation, Value at Risk, etc.

Interview Questions

• Derive finite difference method for option pricing from B-S PDE and explain the difference between explicit and implicit finite difference   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BBVA (Modesto, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was very informative. The job specifications were explained in detail. information about the history of the company and the success of it all was detailed as well. There were two interviewers taking notes and asking computer generated questions .

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at BBVA (The Woodlands, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Just basic questions about banking. The staff was very nice and so is the district manager! Everyone is friendly and very helpful. One branch is good and others might not be.

Interview Questions

• Security information, and what your past was like.   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BBVA (College Station, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied though university. They contacted me about 2 weeks later requesting on campus interview. was interviewed by one person who was really friendly and made the process a lot less nerve racking

Interview Questions

• Basic questions why BBVA tell me about yourself walk me though resume   Answer Question