BCU Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BCU (Vernon Hills, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Able to meet some of the managers and discuss your options for career goals. Asks some technical questions to understand what level of experience you have. One on one interview and given a tour of the building. I was able to meet some of the team I was going to work with too which I'm not sure was standard but it was really nice. The overall process was very fast and BCU was in great communication with me.

Interview Questions

• Please describe some of the problems or projects you have worked on as part of your cirriculum   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BCU (Vernon Hills, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

The initial set of interviews consisted of two phone screens, one technical and one personality screen. Both went very well, as the questions and conversation was on point and well conducted.

Unfortunately, that's where the experience stalled on any positive note. (Please see comments below!)

The second round of interviews consisted of a panel interview with four members of the IT team.

I stopped the interview process about half way through the interview (Please see comments section)

Interview Questions

• I wouldn't consider any of the questions that were asked to be unexpected or difficult. While there were only a small handful of questions before I stopped the interview, the ones that were asked were relatively on point.

Questions such as:

1. How do you stay up to date with technology?
      2. Do you have a home network?
      3. How did you manage a project with a 3rd party application? Take me through the process of implementation.   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BCU (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2018.

Interview

I first had to do a virtual interview for about 10 to 15 minutes, very informal in a sense that you could be yourself during the interview and it felt very natural. After the initial virtual interview, I had three more interviews with three different members of the institution. This members included a Branch Manager and two Regional Managers.

Interview Questions

• It was a little different as each of them asked different questions. For instance, the interview I had with the Branch Manager, he asked situational questions. One of the region managers asked more about personality, attitude, culture questions. How do I deal with different personalities, what is the culture I'd like to work in, attitude towards different people or situations.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BCU (Vernon Hills, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

4 interviews total; phone, in person interview with HR, and to interviews with department managers; lengthy process that involved a variety of tests and offsite drug testing; long wait to hear back from recruiter

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BCU.

Interview

Tons of behavioral interview questions about how you would handle situations or how you feel about situations. What if you encountered X? How would you build out Y? WHere do you see yourself in three years? Five years? What do you do in your spare time?

Information Services Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at BCU (Vernon Hills, IL) in December 2009.

Interview

One in building interview. They gave a few scenarios for me to deal with and asked how I would handle it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as I was an hourly intern.

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BCU (Vernon Hills, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Very thorough but quick. One phone interview and then a face to face with two managers. Pretty thorough questions that were used by all managers. Whole process was less than three weeks.

Interview Questions

• How my experience would correlate to the position and bring value to the company   Answer Question

Member Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BCU (Vernon Hills, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I had 3 interviews total. It began with the phone interview then an interview with the talent acquisition rep. The very same day I was transferred to the Member relations Director whom interviewed me for almost 2 hours. He asked tough and excellent questions.

Member Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BCU (Vernon Hills, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with the manager and supervisor of the department. I was brought in and only had the one interview with the two people, and after the interview they offered me the position. I started just a week later. There was a lot of information to take in during training, but they set your up for success and provide you with other people to assist you once you start taking calls. Like anything else, once you start doing it, it's easy to catch on. There are just a lot of little details and rates that change quite frequently, that you need to stay up to date on, so you can best assist the member with their needs, and answer any questions they may have. In this role you really need to have a well-rounded background of all credit union services and products, as you are assisting members with all aspects of their account.

Interview Questions

• There were really no unanswerable questions. Most of them were straight forward and job related. They want to get an idea of how personable you are, because you will be interacting with members over the phone. They also want to know your work ethic, problem solving skills, and ability to work independently but also collaborate with your team.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the hourly rate offered.

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BCU (Vernon Hills, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview and then in person interview. A lot of talking with the recruiter throughout the whole process. You meet a lot of people during the in person interview. Interviewed by 4-5 different people individually. Very comfortable environment and friendly staff throughout the entire company.

Interview Questions

• Situational based "If management isn't giving you positive feedback or appraisal on a job well done how would you handle it?"   Answer Question