BECU Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BECU Interview Questions

Interviews at BECU

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BECU (Tukwila, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

First screening call was with HR, then the hiring manager and then I was brought in to meet with the team. It was a panel interview, and while I was nervous the team was very friendly and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• Nothing stands out. Mostly they were experiential questions like "Have you worked with this product or that product?"   Answer Question

Feb 26, 2018 – Team BECU

Thanks for sharing your experience. Welcome to the BECU Technology team!

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BECU (Kent, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Process was very easy. Applied online. Was contacted shortly after to schedule a phone meeting. This was with an HR rep who gave general overview of the job and benefits here at BECU. General questions about me. Within 3 hours I received a call back to set up an in person interview. This was done with the managers of the department. Asked normal interview questions. Felt very at ease. I was then contacted within a few days with an offer.

Interview Questions

BECU Response

Mar 10, 2017 – Team BECU

Thanks so much for sharing your interview feedback. We're thrilled to hear that your experience was a positive one and that the interview team made you feel at ease. Welcome to BECU!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BECU (Tukwila, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied in January of 2017, and got a response a few weeks later. Little did I know, the response email ended up in my spam folder, and I didn't see it until a week after I had originally gotten the email. The email was stating they wanted a phone interview, and gave me a list of times I could choose from. Luckily I saw that even though I had seen the email so late, I was still in time to make one of the listed phone interviews. I emailed the recruiter stating what had happened and picked a time. The recruiter basically told me they were already doing in person interviews and "would ping me if there was an opening." Really it was not fair because I was still within the timing to do a phone interview within the times THEY gave me. Im not really happy they didnt give me a chance and am pretty disappointed overall.

Interview Questions

BECU Response

Apr 3, 2017 – Team BECU

Thanks for making the time to share your feedback with us, as we use it to review and improve our processes. It's unfortunate that the communication was delivered into a Spam/Junk folder. We... More

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BECU (Tukwila, WA) in July 2012.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter by email first to schedule a phone interview time. Phone interview was mostly the interviewer asking questions about what skills you have and what division that you want to work in. Received a phone call several days later asking for an in person interview. Semi-formal interview with the head of the division and a associate. Asked questions about experiences and went through the resume. The interview also consisted of a behavior position and a couple technical questions about databases.

Interview Questions

• If you have two tables in a database, write a query to get the needed information.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BECU (Tukwila, WA).

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, phone screen with hiring manager. The process took a long time. After a month, I contacted the recruiter to find that they had made a decision.

Interview Questions

BECU Response

Jan 29, 2018 – Team BECU

Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We work hard to provide feedback to candidates in a timely manner as we know how important it is in your decision-making process. We've... More

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BECU in November 2017.

Interview

Typical phone-screening interview. Typical questions, but I bombed big time because I have yet to master the art of the phone interview. Interviewer was not helpful at all and at times seemed like I was wasting his time.

Interview Questions

BECU Response

Apr 17, 2018 – Team BECU

Thank you for making time to share your feedback with us. This is not the type of candidate experience our team strives for. Please feel free to reach out to me at the contact number below as I'd... More

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BECU (Tukwila, WA).

Interview

First round was a phone interview by a HR. The second round was a onsite interview.

IT Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BECU in February 2013.

Interview

Ask good questions about what your are going to be assigned and when that assignment will happen. I spent 6 weeks reading documentation before I snapped.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BECU (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

I applied online. I was initially contacted by having a phone screen. It was followed by an in-person interview with 2 District Directors, and then a meeting with the VP of Retail Delivery

Interview Questions

• All questions are behavior based, like “Tell is about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer/member.”   1 Answer

Jun 11, 2018 – Team BECU

Thanks for making time to share your experience with BECU's interview process, and welcome to the BECU team! We're so glad you chose to join us.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BECU (Tukwila, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone screening with HR, in person interviews with team and hiring manager. Pros: everyone was nice, smart and admirable, seemingly organized. Cons: they seemed to be using the interview process to figure out the role versus a clear focus of who they were looking for and fit, etc.

Interview Questions

BECU Response

Sep 12, 2016 – Team BECU

We appreciate you making the time to interview with BECU and for your feedback on the process. We will share your experience with our recruiting team. Wishing you the best of luck with your next... More

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BECU.

Interview

Recieved a call. Did a phone interview. Went to in person interview. The interview was 20 minutes late because of wait time for customers being 45 min. Everyone was nice however.

Better offer somewhere else