BECU Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BECU Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BECU (Everett, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

First we did a virtual interview. Two days later I received an email inviting me to an interview . The position was to begin a month from the date of the interview so they begin the search process early and it is open for at least 2 weeks before they make a decision. I still have not heard back on this one and it has been a week since my interview. (Below when it asked if I received an offer I checked "no" but only because there was no option for "don't know yet" or "still open".

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you solved a problem or addressed an issue for a client or customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about something that you did that you had to correct or redo, and then, when you corrected it, you had to correct it or redo it again.   Answer Question

Director of Enterprise Architecture Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at BECU (Tukwila, WA).

Interview

Applied once- got declined after a few months. About two months later the sourcer reached out via LinkedIn to see if I would still be interested. I was phone screened by a recruiter and moved to an onsite. I was feeling pretty good-but will admit the interview didn't go well and that was on me. I wasn't surprised I didn't get an offer-however, after my interview with the team it was another 2-3 months before I received my second decline. While I understand why I didn't get the job, I was discouraged by the drop off in communication and had emailed the recruiter for status. A couple months later an agency reached out via LinkedIn about this same role-I obviously did not pursue and would hesitate to pursue again.

Interview Questions

• Pretty much what I expected. Questions about the role, background etc.   1 Answer

Interview

Interview process was very straight forward. 7 question video interview online where you record your answers. A couple days later received a phone screen to go over any additional questions that I may have and was selected to have a 1on1 interview with a branch manager. Branch manager asked behavioral style interview questions that again were very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Please go over your resume and explain why your previous positions will make you a great fit with BECU   Answer Question

Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BECU (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Had a 30 minute initial interview with a hiring manager. The manager briefly explained the group's purpose and the work to be completed by the person in the role they were hiring for. Next I was asked some domain specific questions designed to elicit my knowledge and experience in content publishing. The questions were pertinent and mostly not surprising--how do you approach a new project, how do you keep a project on track etc. There was opportunity for specific questions at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you make sure you will meet a project's deadlines? How do you know you are on track?   Answer Question

Jun 22, 2017 – Team BECU

Thanks for making time to share this feedback on interviewing with BECU. We're excited that you've chosen to join BECU!

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BECU (Spokane, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

The first interview they had me do was a video based interview through an app on my phone. You get one opportunity to film the responses, after watching videos of various HR reps describing the atmosphere of BECU.

Interview Questions

• The first two jobs on your resume, explain your roles, responsibilities, and why you left. (You have a two minute response time)   Answer Question

Member Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BECU.

Interview

Started with an online video recorded interview followed by a phone interview. Later they called me in for an in person interview. Questions were direct, mainly about past work history and situations. Two days later got a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you had to use diplomatic approach at a work place? With and employee or a customer.   Answer Question

Jun 1, 2017 – Team BECU

Thanks so much for making time to share your experience interviewing with BECU. We're thrilled to hear you decided to join BECU! Team BECU

Member Consultant Interview

Interview

Requested internal transfer Internal jobs are listed for current employees before they open to the public. The questions were more applicable to a manager and/or lead position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you lead a group of people who didn't want to be led??   Answer Question

Member Consultant II Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BECU.

Interview

I applied online, got an email to do the video interview, then heard a week or two later that I would do a phone interview. During the phone call, the recruiter asked if I had other offers and I said "no, but I am in the process of applying to other places." She said "that's ok, let us know if we need to speed anything up if you get an offer."

Everything was great until the end; the in-person interviewers were nice, attentive, cordial. I ended up getting an offer at another company, so I called BECU on Wednesday and asked if I could hear feedback early so that I could decide whether I should hold out for BECU. The recruiter said I was the top candidate, then stuttered a little and said I was one of the top candidates, and that she could get back to me by EOD Thursday. I said ok. On Thursday I called and asked if she heard anything and she said she would get back to me by 11am Friday. At this point I declined my other offer because I don't like to leave people hanging and I had assured them I would respond by EOD Thursday. I was very excited about BECU so I took that chance, based on the recruiter's assurance that I was one of the top candidates.

Friday around 1pm I got an email saying they would go in a different direction and that no other feedback could be provided.

I still like BECU as a whole, but I felt there was a major inconsistency in my interactions with the recruiter. She knew I had a job offer I needed to respond to. She said I was a top candidate and that she would get back to me within a day. The former is now irrelevant, and the latter was untrue. I'm left wondering if BECU tells its recruiters to keep people on the hook by saying vaguely promising things without any actual promise.

Interview Questions

BECU Response

Apr 11, 2017 – Team BECU

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. This does not sound like the type of experience the BECU Recruiting team strives to deliver. I'd welcome the opportunity to talk with you about your... More

Member Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BECU in April 2017.

Interview

Their recruiters obviously don't like to work at all. I applied online no answer for 3 weeks, then i got an email for video interview. Then again no answer for 3 weeks and I had to find a recruiter by myself and email her, because I was very interested and wanted to know what happened after my video interview. Finally she called and had to ask me all questions again because the quality of the video was very bad. 3rd step was face to face interview which wasn't bad but another problem with recruiter came after interview. No news for another 4 months, though managers during the interview told me my recruiter was going to email me about the results. I was trying to call recruiter, leave voice messages and never got a call back. And finally after more than a month recruiter emailed me apologizing for misunderstanding. 2 recruiters weren't able to understand who was going to let me know about managers' decision after F2F interview, that's why I was ignored after F2F interview. I have never had such a horrible experience with any company and I have never had such a disrespectful attitude toward my time and me as a person.

Interview Questions

• behavioral question on phone and specific example from your work experience during F2F interview.   Answer Question

Jun 22, 2017 – Team BECU

Thank you for making time to share this feedback with us. This does not sound like the type of experience our team strives to provide our candidates. I'd welcome the opportunity to talk with you... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BECU in March 2017.

Interview

Applied for job online. Set up phone interview. Completed 2 phone interviews before offer was made. I am relocated from a different city and BECU was very accommodating, which sold me on the company even more.