BH Media Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Staff Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BH Media Group (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Had two interviews before being hired, both fairly straightforward. Was asked about interests and prior journalism experience. I was interviewed by managing and executive editor, who told me about my future role at the company. I had submitted a portfolio so they knew my writing style. None of the questions asked were very difficult.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiating process

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rocky Mount, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BH Media Group (Rocky Mount, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

Was interviewed by Executive Editor, Managing Editor and Publisher over the course of the day. Background experience and qualifications were discussed. Job expectations were expressed on both sides. Toured the market area and met other staff.

Interview Questions

• As a manager, how would you handle disagreements with your decisions by other staff?   1 Answer

Customer Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BH Media Group (Tulsa, OK) in January 2016.

Interview

This was at a job fair specifically for this position at the job site. There was one quick interview with the Administrative Assistant so she could screen the applicants and then a more in-depth interview with a Supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to solve a problem at work and how did that turn out?   Answer Question
    • What do you look for in management to help you succeed?   Answer Question

Compliance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at BH Media Group (Omaha, NE) in May 2017.

Interview

They contacted me as they had my resume somehow. The interview was relatively short...maybe an hour in length. I only met with the hiring manager - no HR or additional managers. I was then brought in for a second interview solely to discuss my hours of availability (as I was attending school at the time) where I was offered the position on the spot.

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BH Media Group (Omaha, NE) in February 2014.

Interview

The now-executive editor was surly. She made it known that working there will be a nightmare and that she's a real pain. I felt as if she was trying to drive me away. She seems to not like men and prefers to hire men.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

Interview

Job fair at the workplace, was quick with multiple applicants. Interviewed by the Administrative Assistant then interviewed by a Manager. The interviews were short, asking about previous employment and then asking about certain customer situations and how I'd react.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer situation.   Answer Question

Copy Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BH Media Group (Hickory, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

the current manager introduced what they do and asked if I could design a newspaper. he also asked what applications i had designed with. that was the extent of the interview. i got a call back a week or so later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BH Media Group in February 2018.

Interview

Waste of my time. The interview process was okay. Unfortunately they were not clear about total expectations of the position. Therefore, they were not satisfied after hiring me, even though they knew where my experience and skill level was at and where it stemmed from. They hired and then fired me after 6 weeks. I left a wonderful job where I made 65,000 to challenge and further grow in this industry. Complete waste of my time...

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BH Media Group in October 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was great. My manager was knowledgeable and a great mentor.

The environment was very cellular in the sense that everyone knew their job and was cut off by cubicals.

I Would Prefer Not Reveal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dothan, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BH Media Group (Dothan, AL) in August 2012.

Interview

More awkward than usual. I'm pretty sure there was more focus on "can I work the position" instead of "should I be allowed to work the position". I was very uncomfortable right away as I felt like I was aggressively persuaded to be a "different class citizen" in order to match my desired position. Long story short, unless you are in dire need of a job, weigh out all of your possible options.

Interview Questions

• Do you like my desk chair   1 Answer
    • I was asked about my opinion and preference about a sports team and what was my opinion on their "rival team".   1 Answer