BJ Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BJ Services Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BJ Services (Shreveport, LA) in March 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter out of Colorado about the position. All information and questions were transmitted through the recruiter. Basic information was submitted and offer was presented. After initial review I spoke with the district manager regarding the position And expectations.

Equipment Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJ Services in January 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews describing CDL driving and oilfield and fracking experience. Contingent verbal job offer was made at end of second interview. Formal job offer was sent by email. They want to know if you are qualified to work hard for 12-20 hour shifts.

Interview Questions

• Describe your oilfield experience, describe your driving experience.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BJ Services in April 2010.

Interview

Very easy process once you are contacted

Negotiation

very simple

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at BJ Services (Denver, CO) in January 2010.

Interview

Worked out great, and I did phone interview first. Then I faxed in resume a day ahead. Got there and they had it waiting. Talked. We liked each other. Made offers, accepted them.

Anonymous Employee in Kilgore, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BJ Services (Kilgore, TX) in August 2009.

Interview

went to a hiring event in Longview, Tx showed them my resame. Had a one on one interview with a hourly hand, and a enterview with a manament. I had worked over 30 years in oil and gas i think my interview was shorter then some. Went for a drud test the next week, background, and DOT test. Three week I was working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations it is a take or leave offer.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ Services in April 2009.

Interview

I wastold what the requirements were for the jobs. They mentioned that it would be a very time consuming job. I would be provided with a company truck and would be on call for the first 6 months. Asked me a few questions about my university studies, but mostly about previous experience. Told me where my options to work would be and to select my top 5. There were no technical questions in the interview.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BJ Services (Denver, CO) in February 2009.

Interview

Met BJ Human Resourcse at Job Fair in Houston
    Interviewed by Technical and regional manager at dinner a week later
    Flown to Denver a week later to meet hiring manager a week later
    Job Offer made contingent on physical exam results
    The people and work culture seemed very informal (no tie), and blunt

Negotiation

They asked what I wanted, I told them, they accepted.

Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houma, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ Services (Houma, LA) in July 2008.

Interview

I had a good honest interview and I was satisfied with the offer and the presentation.

Interview Questions

The company seemed to be behind the times and seemed not to know how to shake off the title of low tech/low cost service provider. Making the leap for me seemed to be risky based on their past with layoffs and pay reductions. You must provide security to to get the employees that can take you to the next level of service. They may even think about iron clad 5 year contracts, because I would never take the risk of going to work there when I compare them to my current job.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BJ Services (Austin, TX) in January 2008.

Interview

1. Initial Interview at conference
    2. round table interview at site
    3. technical aptitude test
    4. Lunch
    5. Offer

Interview Questions

• Pretty much standard but the main question is " Can you work well with those that do not like you or difficult employees"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it. Broken promises in progression that was given in offer letter.

Cementing Laboratory Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Town (South Africa)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ Services (Cape Town (South Africa)) in December 2012.

Interview

During the interview it was stressed what was needed from the applicant and also to have a good background on work ethics. The interview environment was very relaxing. Acknowledgement of my background was satisfying.

Interview Questions

• Whether I was willing to travel where my services was needed, to assist with training when needed.   1 Answer