BOK Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BOK Financial Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2016

2.9

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BOK Financial in August 2016.

Interview

Was contacted about a week after the online application to do a video interview. Didn't hear back from the recruiter once I completed it so I reached out to her and never received a response. I believe once initial contact has been made with a recruiter, following up as to whether or not they are interested is standard. It's been over a month and still nothing. I find it very rude and unprofessional.

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BOK Financial (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

The interview was good and straight forward back when I had it. Strictly on value added and new ideas on ways to improve the company's products and services. As expected you will be given an opportunity to ask questions about your interviewers and the company in general.

IWM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BOK Financial (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

The hiring process can move very quickly, if they want you. They make it clear very fast if you are the type of person that they are looking for. The recruiters can however be slow to respond so some patience is needed.

Interview Questions

• was there ever a time when you let that you had to bend the rules?   Answer Question

Retirement Plan Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BOK Financial (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

Typical Interview process. Submit application online for opening positions. Contacted by HR to schedule initial interview. Conducted initial interview with team leads. Invited to 2nd Interview with senior management. After 2nd interview I was contacted by HR for offer. Accepted offer.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions: Whats your strengths? Whats your weaknesses? Tell us about a time when you were unsuccessful and what you did to correct it? Tell us why we should hire you?   Answer Question

Mid Level Credit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BOK Financial (Tulsa, OK) in January 2016.

Interview

HR recruiter was initially on the ball calling a day after online application, responsive to scheduling emails and pleasant during the initial interest phone screen phase.

However, complete radio silence afterwards including non responsive to follow up emails inquiring status of next steps if any. Typical HR pump and dump and ignore. A fast no is much better than ignoring experienced professional level prospects. Treat your candidates the way you would like to be treated or the way you expect employees to treat your customers.

Mobile Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BOK Financial (Tulsa, OK) in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn by the recruiter and then we set up a phone interview. Have a few stories prepared for this first round and the second round if you make it. They were very enthusiastic and helpful throughout the process. Truly seemed to care about me and was with me every step of the way. Second round was a phone interview with the hiring manager which was pleasant, but be prepared for CS conceptual questions and experience questions. Also study your favorite apps and why you like them. Then there was one with two team members on site. It was very laid back, but also be prepared for a short whiteboard assessment of your coding and problem solving skills. Final round with hiring manager back to back with the head of digital banking on site which were just to discuss the company, what drove you to BOKF and talk about what you want to do in the future (personal development and skill development).

Interview Questions

• Interview 1: Basic, Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Interview 2: Moderate, Experience, favorite app, basic programming concept questions, what is your favorite app and why, how would you improve it   1 Answer
    • Interview 3: Moderate or Difficult for some, white board programming question, use any OOP language to solve, reverse array etc. also check for a personality fit   1 Answer
    • Interview 4: Moderate because long duration, More background information and ask why you want to work for BOKF, they will tell you more about the culture to make sure you are a good fit, back to back interviews   1 Answer

Benefit Employee Spec Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BOK Financial (Tulsa, OK) in February 2015.

Interview

very brief, I felt as if they really didn't know what they were wanting in an employee. I talked about certifications, and they were not sure if that is something they were looking for. They wanted a person that was a problem solver.

Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BOK Financial (Tulsa, OK) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process had three stages. In the first, I underwent a brief (roughly 30 minute) phone interview with an HR specialist in Houston. Secondly, I interviewed with the team manager and his boss for a 30 minute interview that stretched into an hour. Thirdly, I interviewed with those same employees over lunch, then briefly with a member from a corresponding team, and then two members from the team which I would be working with.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BOK Financial.

Interview

Had a first round interview with two individuals. The entire time they talked about how their program was way better than all the other commercial banking programs and how it was a great privilege being invited to their first round. They asked the same behavioral questions multiple times with different phrasing, but there were no technical questions.

It was quite a strange and awkward interview experience, and I think they were really trying to overcompensate for having to compete with the likes of some of the bigger banks.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer: Why should we choose you?
      Me: Because of reasons, and this very relevant experience on my resume that supports my reasons.
      Interviewer: That sounds great, but it's not exceptional. Anything else?
      Me: Sure, also these characteristics that I have exhibited in a variety of relevant experiences that are listed on my resume.
      Interview: Ok, next question.....
      Answer Question

ACT Program Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BOK Financial (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

First Round: Standard behavioral
    Second Round: Several interviews back to back at headquarters office in Tulsa

After not getting the wealth management position for the ACT program, the recruiter contacted me to refer me for the consumer banking track. He made it seem like I already had the job because there was still an open position (even after interviews), I was highly regarded by the team, and there was no one else recommended for this position. For about five weeks, the recruiter and I exchanged phone calls to coordinate a time for me to speak with the consumer team. During my last phone call with the recruiter, he stated that he would e-mail me a set of times to speak with the consumer team. After not hearing from the recruiter for one week, I received an e-mail from the recruiter that they were going to move on and interview for the final position on campus. Thanks for wasting my time and being unprofessional about it BOK.