BOK Financial Reviews

3.8
BOK Financial President and CEO Steven G. Bradshaw
Steven G. Bradshaw
Pros
Cons
  • "I would like to see us continue to grow in other major cities in Texas to create additional opportunities for upper management positions(in 6 reviews)

• "ExpressBank has high turnover as every second and every breath feels micromanaged(in 5 reviews)

1. "HONESTLY.. THE BEST PLACE TO BE"

5.0
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at BOK Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

Welcoming and warmest corporate environment. A diversified company that embraces the differences of their employees, and builds on the value added to the company. Encourages and provideds career development for internal mobility.

Cons

I truly have not seen any.

BOK Financial2019-12-30

January 16, 2020VP, Talent Attraction Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback and this review. Your comments are appreciated and valued. BOKF works hard to promote a positive work environment and a culture that embraces all of our values. We are glad this is the case for you!

2. "Great company, but don't expect great pay increases"

I have been working at BOK Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A lot of room for growth if you seek it out. Great benefits.

Cons

Pay increases are so small you don't even notice them.

BOK Financial2020-05-11

May 14, 2020VP, Talent Attraction Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. BOKF offers fair and competitive compensation along with the benefits and programs that weigh into our overall total compensation package. We appreciate you sharing with us how you feel about our pay increases. If you would like further assistance in addressing your concern, please reach out to your HR team or direct manager.

3. "Redeployed during COVID-19"

Current Employee - Senior Relationship Banker in Aurora, CO

I have been working at BOK Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits and great management. Client facing essential employees given 10% increase in salary during pandemic.

Cons

Redeployed to a new position due to COVID19 but was not compensated specifically for that. All client facing positions received a pay increase, but I was expected to work a harder job for the same compensation.

BOK Financial2020-04-22

May 4, 2020VP, Talent Attraction Specialist

Thank you for your review and for offering feedback as we value your honesty. We are disappointed to hear that you are not experiencing the working dynamic as you had hoped and one that we strive to promote. As you know, it is important for us to have our employees feel heard. As such, if you would like any further assistance in addressing these concerns, please reach out to your HR team or manager.

4. "Good entry level"

Former Employee - Art Director/Graphic Designer in Tulsa, OK

I worked at BOK Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good hours, awesome 401k, and steady work.

Cons

Layoffs happen every other year

BOK Financial2020-04-07

April 8, 2020VP, Talent Attraction Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback and this review. Your comments are appreciated and valued. BOKF works hard to promote a positive work environment and a culture that embraces all of our values. Thank you for bringing your passion to us. We will you well in your future endeavors.

5. "Document Review"

Current Employee - Document Review Specialist

I have been working at BOK Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Management, hours, flexibility - all great

Cons

Salary and bonus are not outstanding

BOK Financial2020-02-24

March 2, 2020VP, Talent Attraction Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide some feedback. We strive to be competitive and offer the best to our employees. You are just one of the reasons we are the preeminent brand in the financial industry. Thank you for all you do each and every day!

6. "Branch"

1.0

I have been working at BOK Financial

Pros

401K match benefits and coworkers

Cons

It was great working here until some people got promoted. Reducing number of employees at such a fast rate. Customers see it and we feel it. It is so stressful. It seems like our new person in charge of consumer and the one with operations don't care about us any longer, just themselves. We realize the bank have to make changes but they have let go of alot of great people. Great managers to.

BOK Financial2020-03-14

March 18, 2020VP, Talent Attraction Specialist

7. "BOK is A-OK!"

Current Employee - Equity Research

I have been working at BOK Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Employee engagement is a very high priority at the bank. Senior executives are legitimate about understanding the employee base with a concerted effort to maintain a strong culture and morale.

Cons

Investment in technology always a battle, though I believe this is something that most if not all large financial services companies struggle with.

BOK Financial2020-02-05

February 10, 2020VP, Talent Attraction Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback and this review. Your comments are appreciated and valued. BOKF works hard to promote a positive work environment and a culture that embraces all of our values. We are glad you're enjoying our culture and our commitment to our employees.

8. "BOK Financial is an amazing company to work for."

5.0

I worked at BOK Financial

Pros

Friendly Environment Growth Potential Smaller Feel

Cons

Technology Smaller home footprint ABQ Training for some positions not available

BOK Financial2020-01-28

February 3, 2020VP, Talent Attraction Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback and this review. Your comments are appreciated and valued. BOKF works hard to promote a positive work environment and a culture that embraces all of our values. Thank you for bringing your passion to us. are glad this was the case for you! We will you well in your future endeavors.

9. "Eh"

Former Employee - ExpressBanker in Tulsa, OK

I worked at BOK Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Consistent Hours -Decent pay considering the cost of living in Tulsa -Tons of OT available if you want it -You get recognition for hard work (though nothing will come of it)

Cons

-Difficult to advance -Sub-par managers -A lot of brown nosing -Mandatory breaks and lunch (could be a pro for some) -Was there for 1.5 years and could not get an earlier shift, but people who were there for a few weeks were given it right away... I don't get it -It's a call center, so you're inside all day, and the managers have their offices and cubicles blocking all the windows so you probably won't see much sunlight.

BOK Financial2020-02-02

February 3, 2020VP, Talent Attraction Specialist

Thank you for providing us feedback. We appreciate your candor. Though we strive to promote a positive working environment, it sounds from your remarks there could be opportunities for improvement . Please know your comments have been shared with leadership. Thank you again for taking the time to give us a review and for your commitment to us. We wish you well with your future endeavors.

10. "Good benefits, good company for a long term career"

Current Employee - Technical Business Analyst

I have been working at BOK Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great 401k and benefits. This company is run by some very good business people and it is usually making profit. They do a good job of sharing the profit with the employees. Lots of great people work here, I have definitely enjoyed my time with the company.

Cons

Somewhat technologically behind, which isn't unusual for a financial institution. But they are moving forward. Management is hit or miss depending on the team.

BOK Financial2020-01-03

January 16, 2020VP, Talent Attraction Specialist

Thank you for providing us feedback. We appreciate your candor. Though we strive to promote a positive working environment, it sounds from your remarks there could be opportunities for improvement. Please know your comments have been shared with leadership. As always, we encourage you to provide your feedback directly with your manager or HR team to ensure any opportunities are addressed. Thank you again for taking the time to give us a review and for your commitment to BOKF.

Found 210 reviews