BOK Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
BOK Financial President and CEO Steven G. Bradshaw
Steven G. Bradshaw

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Flexibility in work schedules - work life balance" (in 12 reviews)

• "Wonderful co-workers and great benefits" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management doesn’t seem to care about how lower groups are impacted" (in 6 reviews)

• "Work/Life balance isn't priority" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Work!!"

Current Employee - Busins Analyst III in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Busins Analyst III in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at BOK Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, competitive salary, stable company that is invested in the communities in which we do business and we are growing!!

Cons

There is always more work than time in the day.

2. "Excellent company. Great place to build a career."

Current Employee - IT Manager in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at BOK Financial full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Able to work with high energy, high caliber people who care about each other and want the best for our customers and communities.

Cons

BOK Financial continues to grow organically and through acquisitions. Working through these transitions can have challenges but are necessary for growth and success.

Oct 8, 2018 – VP, Talent Attraction Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback and this review. Your comments are appreciated and valued. BOKF works hard to promote a positive work environment and a culture that embraces all... More

3. "Great Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at BOK Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for, takes care of their employees, promotes professional development and internal movement, provides amazing support to the communities in which we reside

Cons

Can't say that I have discovered any cons of working for BOKF.

Oct 8, 2018 – VP, Talent Attraction Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide feedback. We appreciate you exemplifying our values and sharing our vision in everything you do. Keep up the great work!

4. "Technical Project Manager"

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at BOK Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Talented teams, great morale, and flexible environment

Cons

High regulatory environment drives many activities

5. "Manager"

I have been working at BOK Financial full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

BOK Financial is a wonderful place to work. They provide great opportunities for growth and development, plus great benefits that you can't get everywhere all while maintain work life balance.

Cons

There are no real material cons for working at BOK Financial.

6. "Operations"

I have been working at BOK Financial full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People, culture, community investment, a place where talent is recognized and the opportunity for promotion is real

Cons

Can't think of any cons - I love working here!

Sep 24, 2018 – VP, Talent Attraction Specialist

7. "Winning, collaborative culture. Great place to build a career."

I have been working at BOK Financial full-time

Pros

High caliber people. Customer focused. Exciting work. High energy, can-do culture. Engaged leadership. Long history of giving back in the community.

Cons

Some office facilities need modernization.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in long-term success.

8. "IT Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at BOK Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Able to work with fantastic talent, a driven team, a growing organization with a vision of servicing communities and helping people. This is a high-energy group of professionals who care about each other and want to get things done. The IT team is an active group who helps propel this growing organization forward!

Cons

If you don’t want to grow in your career, this isn’t the place for you.

Sep 24, 2018 – VP, Talent Attraction Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide feedback. We're team players in everything we do and love to hear about our leaders exemplifying our values. Thank you for your... More

9. "Excellent company!"

Current Employee - Legal Operations Manager in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Legal Operations Manager in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at BOK Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*All about the employees * Projects * Endless amount of opportunity to use your skills throughout the bank * Part of the community * Excellent pay and advancement opportunities *Great Management Team all the way up to the Executive Level.

Cons

We are constantly changing, if you don't like change that could be a con for you. I love it!

Advice to Management

More Pot lucks! joking aside, I love management here. Very encouraging.

Sep 24, 2018 – VP, Talent Attraction Specialist

10. "The "balance" is real!"

Current Employee - Marketing in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Marketing in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at BOK Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*I wasn't sure what to expect, but every person I've encountered is so passionate about their role and our customers. It makes it really fun to collaborate with other teams to see what makes them tick.
    *Similarly, there is a ton of community involvement (and not the kind where you're "strongly encouraged" to be on boards and committees for exposure or sales purposes either). Most of my teammates and partners in other departments are heavily involved in a nonprofit cause outside of work, and I think that's a testament to the balance people experience here.
    *The longevity of employees makes it way easier to join teams and get the historical info you need to do your job well. If you've ever worked anywhere with high turnover, you know how hard it is to make progress on initiatives. The longevity of others is a big benefit to new hires. That experience is priceless.
    *The work-life balance is real! I genuinely feel supported to come to work, do a great job and then leave work AT work. I am encouraged by how many single parents love working here and feel supported to be their best at work and at home. Of course there are busy periods, but generally, you have the balance you need to not constantly be worried about work.
    *There is a ton of talent on every team and employees are highly engaged. You don't hear the words "that's not my job."
    *I feel like my manager protects my time and helps coach me to work on important projects versus just urgent ones.

Cons

*I had been warned by current employees and Glassdoor that the teams are quite lean, and yes, they are, but silver lining is more opportunity to work on things slightly outside your wheelhouse and develop new skills.
    *My insurance costs about 3x more (and I have significantly more out-of-pocket costs) than any other company I've worked for or interviewed with, but I'm sure they're comparable to other employers of this size.

Sep 24, 2018 – VP, Talent Attraction Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide feedback. We acknowledge that employees have responsibilities outside of work and we do what we can to help them better manage these... More