Baker College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Baker College Interview Questions

Updated Jan 9, 2017

2.5

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Baker College.

Interview

A total of 3 interviews are done. Screening, panel, and third interview. I waited a very long time in the lobby before being interviewed. I met a current advisor for the initial screening. Questions were based on a sales position. During the panel interview, I was asked me "sell a pen." Entire process was quite intimidating.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterford, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Baker College (Waterford, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

The first thing I had to do was take a personality test online. Within 24 hours of completing the test, I received a call from the CEO, who requested a face to face interview. Interviewed with the two owners (CEO and CFO). The questions surrounded my experiences working as an Adjunct Faculty, a corporate trainer and my knowledge of and use of MSOffice.

Interview Questions

• What was my level of knowledge of Excel.   1 Answer

They could not pay me what my skills were worth and there would have been a very difficult one hour commute to and from the location.

Resident Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker College in March 2016.

Interview

First there was a phone interview. This interview lasted about 15 minutes or so. I thought that this interview was going to be with the Director of housing, but it was with the Area Coordinator. The next interview was a Facetime/ Skype interview and, this interview was with both the Area Coordinator and with the Director of housing. This interview lasted about twenty-five minutes. During both interviews, the questions where about the experience that that I had that was relevant to the position.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your strength and weaknesses?

Based on experience, tell me of a time where you were dependable?
      Answer Question

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clinton Township, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Baker College (Clinton Township, MI).

Interview

I mailed in resume and cover letter, they called for interview, I met with dean. It was a standard interview with basic questions
    It was pretty short and easy and they hired me right away
    They do a lot of last minute hiring before the start of the school quarter

Academic Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baker College in July 2015.

Interview

Application was made by mail following the employer's directions. The interview was conducted by phone by two representatives of the HR department. After small introductory remarks were made, the interviewers asked general questions. I was my impression that very few of the questions asked related to the position I was seeking. Rather, the questions were primarily screening questions. I did not feel like I had the opportunity to demonstrate how I would be an asset to the employer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about how I would handle working in an environment with a difficult coworker due to personality disagreements.   1 Answer

Associate Dean Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Baker College (Flint, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

very odd questions - very disturbing experience and all employees were extremely tense - just a weird environment - I knew after about a half hour that this was not a good place to work

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone here stabbed you in the back? I could not believe it!   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Baker College.

Interview

Simple process which involved me answering some basic questions. Nothing more than sitting at a desk and having ideal conversation. Didn't really cover any past experience or educations (which surprised me being a college).

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a student who is verbally upset with a status involving financial aid?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I attempted to negotiate salary, however, it was made very clear to me that this was not up for discussion. I then tried to negotiate hours...and again this was made clear that no part-time employee was allowed under ANY circumstance to exceed 25 hours per week...

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker College.

Interview

It is all fake - formality - you only get the job if you know someone there. They will call you for an interview and ask you one question and tell you thank you, we will let you know, or hire you on the spot. Fake interview.

Interview Questions

• There are no difficult questions. They have to beg people to work for them once you hear the salary   Answer Question

The salary was half of what I was currently making.

Bookstore Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allen Park, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker College (Allen Park, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

I sat down with the bookstore manager and the president of the college. They asked me about my past history with sales and customer service, about my strengths and weaknesses and how I would benefit their company. I was nervous but it was a fairly normal interview and I went to interview practices before hand with our career services department at Baker College and they helped tremendously. Being as prepared as one can be makes all of the difference and helps with confidence.

Interview Questions

• How can you benefit our company?   1 Answer

Program Director Interview

Interview

One interview with one person and job offer was made

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation