Baker Donelson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 1, 2016

2.8

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Baker Donelson (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Applied on Indeed and got a call 3 days later. They invited me for an in person interview a few days later. Longest interview of my life. Met with 7 people. Most were nice and genuinely interested in my resume but the VP was the rudest man I've ever met in my life. He asked me 1 question and then stared at his phone texting. I felt awkward so I started to ask him questions about his position and he NEVER looked up from his phone. If anything- it was a learning experience.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Baker Donelson.

Interview

Initial interview with two attorneys during on-campus interviews. At call-back, met with twelve different associates or attorneys, two at a time. Office staff was very friendly and helpful when walking me from office to office.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you're not studying? (the only one that I fumbled on because the most honest answer was "eat and sleep")   Answer Question

Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Baker Donelson (Orlando, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Not difficult. Just boring question after boring question. Had to read the resume to them. All they care about is that you are from a good school. What was the experience of moot court. What was the experience of law review. Where did you clerk at before. What are your plans and field to study in.

Interview Questions

• School, ranking, law review   1 Answer

Negotiation

great

Staff Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Donelson (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about the position. Shortly afterwards, I had a screening interview followed by an in-person interview with multiple teams of people. After the in-person interview with the teams of people, I had a final interview with the practice group leader.

All stages of the interview process were painless. There were no "gotcha" type questions and everyone had a great attitude. The attitudes have not changed since I started working here, so I know they were sincere.

Interview Questions

• We encounter a lot of last-minute, stressful situations. Is this something that would bother you?   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Donelson (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Received a phone call within a week of having followed the instructions on the firm's website for the position posted. The hiring manager was very professional and flexible in scheduling the interview. I had one interview with two hiring managers (one for that office and one from the firm's main office). Both hiring managers were incredibly professional, knowledgeable about the firm and the culture, and detailed what would be expected of me in this position. I did not get called back for a second interview, but the hiring manager called me and politely told me they had filled the position and appreciated my time and interest. Even though I did not get the job, I was treated with respect and dignity and I believe this is representative of that firm in general.

Interview Questions

• None, if you know the job you will be able to answer the questions. They do not try to trick you or make you stumble on a point, they just want to know you can do the work the way they need it done and you will fit in with the culture of the firm.   Answer Question

Staff Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baker Donelson (Atlanta, GA) in May 2012.

Interview

Went through recruiter. Interview was set up quickly and I received a reply quickly

Sales/CRM Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Donelson (Memphis, TN) in September 2011.

Interview

Had 3 telephone interviews with panel conference call; End result was someone closer to their headquarters due to travel costs.

Interview Questions

• How you would handle the situation of conflicting, equally important requests for work?   1 Answer

Collections Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Donelson (Memphis, TN) in June 2010.

Interview

The person doing the interview couldn’t do the job yet they were the manager of the department.

Interview Questions

• They couldn’t answer basic collections questions or what was expected from you   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered the position immediately yet couldn’t get a start date for almost 4 weeks. I kept being told they would phone me, I had to do all the calling.

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Baker Donelson Marketing Coordinator Interview Memphis, TN What are you passionate about?
Baker Donelson Marketing Coordinator Interview Memphis, TN Tell me about a time when....
Baker Donelson Marketing Coordinator Interview Memphis, TN Where do you see yourself in 7 years?
Baker Donelson Summer Associate Interview What do you do when you're not studying? (the only one that I fumbled on because the most honest answer was "eat and sleep")
Baker Donelson Law Clerk Interview Orlando, FL School, ranking, law review
Baker Donelson Staff Attorney Interview Orlando, FL We encounter a lot of last-minute, stressful situations. Is this something that would bother you?
Baker Donelson Paralegal Interview Nashville, TN None, if you know the job you will be able to answer the questions. They do not try to trick you or make you stumble on a point, they just want to know you can do the work the way they need it done and you will fit in with the culture of the firm.
Baker Donelson Staff Attorney Interview Atlanta, GA None
Baker Donelson Sales/CRM Administrator Interview Memphis, TN How you would handle the situation of conflicting, equally important requests for work?
Baker Donelson Collections Interview Memphis, TN They couldn’t answer basic collections questions or what was expected from you