Baker McKenzie Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Baker McKenzie Interview Questions

Interviews at Baker McKenzie

2.7

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Baker McKenzie.

Interview

Two rounds: one with partner and associates and other with HR and partner. Basic interview questions. I applied online and received a call shortly after submitting application. I was asked a lot of questions about my experience and interest but nothing difficult. Thought the second interview was redundant.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baker McKenzie (San Jose, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview with a number of partners and associates over the course of the morning, including the chair of the group in the office. Pre-screen phone interview with the hiring partner first. Had to submit resume, writing sample, transcripts and cover letter. Called by Human Resources head first.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work at Baker & McKenzie?   1 Answer

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baker McKenzie (Chicago, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

This was the most horribly offensive interviewing experience I have ever had. I was at a second round of interviews and interviewing with a high ranking partner in the labor and employment group for an associate position. He noticed that I had an engagement ring on and that I went to undergrad and law school in another state. He asked if I was originally from that state and, when I answered in the affirmative, asked me how they could be sure that I wouldn't move back to that state once I started "breeding." He said that in his experience, women go "running back to mommy" as soon as they have kids, so how could I convince him that I wasn't going to do that. I was completely shocked and told him that I was only licensed in Illinois, had been practicing here for 6 years, owned a home here, had no intention of leaving or having kids any time soon. I then stood up and left his office. I went directly to the head recruiter, told her that there was no need for me to continue on with the remainder of the interviews scheduled for that day or with the interview process, and pulled myself from contention.

Interview Questions

• How could I assure them that I wouldn't run back to my mommy in my home state when I decided to have kids?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker McKenzie (New York, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

The position was through the bAgile program. The process was unlike anything I have ever experienced. The interview was done over Google Hangouts. So, the questions were over chat. Not personalized and I had to wait for the results of how well I did. The told me I would have to log on the next day at 8am, gave me no other time or option. And when I did not log on immediately at 8am to message the chat, she complained that "we were supposed to start this chat at 8am." Just the whole entire thing seemed like a scam. Turns out I did well through the chat interview and I was immediately offered a position. I was told I would be receiving a check in the mail for programs/ materials I may need to purchase. They were going to send me money when I have not even spoke with an actual human being. It just seemed like a complete scam again. I refused to participate, and told them I would need to meet with someone in person to go over the job in the entirety. I had to ask this request twice before they understood I was not going to budge on it. I ask this 3 weeks ago, and I have yet to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• How much training do you think you need to become a productive employee?   Answer Question
    • What do you understand by privacy and code of conduct?   Answer Question
    • How long do you expect to remain employ with Baker McKenzie(bAgile) if hired?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe yourself when it comes to handling of job duties and working under pressure?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have in this field or other office related position?   Answer Question
    • What do you Understand by Business Ethics & Customer Relations?   Answer Question
    • Have you already done the best work you are capable of?
      How would you rate yourself as a leader on a scale from 1 to 10?   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Baker McKenzie.

Interview

It was fairly easy, straightforward interview focused primarily on fit and culture. No trick or gotcha questions. Good people. They want more words for this but there really isn’t more to say

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Baker McKenzie (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Small office of a very large firm. The attorneys I met with were smart and seemed happy. Employees didn't seem to socialize much outside of work, but there seemed to be a lot of mutual respect among the attorneys. Work seemed interesting. Interview was standard for a lateral candidate. I left with a strong impression of the firm.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Baker McKenzie (New York, NY) in August 2007.

Interview

This was a lateral position to work directly for one person. So I only met with that person and with a member of the recruiting staff. After the interview, I was asked to provide references. They were checked quickly. Everything else went through my headhunter. It was a relatively quick and painless process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tried to but did not have any success.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baker McKenzie (Houston, TX).

Interview

Slow interview process

Interview Questions

• I did not expect them to be so thorough with their questioning. Great law firm from what I can tell. Will try again another time.   Answer Question

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Baker McKenzie (New York, NY).

Interview

The process was very straight forward. I sent a cover letter and resume to HR and received a call within a few days. I interviewed first with HR and them with two attorneys separately on the same. All were very professional and informative about the position and the company. They describe the position and what they were looking for in the candidate and and simply asked if i can carry out the responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Why do you like this role, How do you feel about OT?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Baker McKenzie (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview with managing partner and the partner of the area i applied for. The process is still going on, it can take many months since the opening of new positions can be very bureaucratic. You require different approvals (local, regional, world)

Interview Questions

• Summary of working experience and challenges faced in life.   Answer Question