Baker & Taylor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Baker & Taylor Interview Questions

2.4

Receiving Interview

Anonymous Employee in Momence, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baker & Taylor (Momence, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Set up and account at btol.com Applied online for order picking and receiving. About a week after revived a call to come in for interview for receiving position. After interview I received a call three to four days later offering the position. Finished up 1-9 papers and job offer letter through btol online account. They then emailed the paper for drug test/ background consent. Giving a two day window for drug test. After a week the drug test results were back orientation was about two weeks there after which was a day long then that following Wednesday started my three day training.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability. Are you able to work overtime? ( mandatory overtime).
      Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Stacker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Momence, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baker & Taylor (Momence, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

very good all you have to do is have some similar expirience and here is the real hard one (as i say very sarcastically...) for you hippies, pee clean thats it and they will hire you on spot

Interview Questions

• how are you today? lol they basically went off my resume... wich has everything they need to know about me   1 Answer

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baker & Taylor (Sacramento, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The District Manager contacted me soon after I filled out my application - within 2 days. We met at the location where the job would be. She was very professional. After discussing my work experiences, and discussing the job details, including wage, we walked around the store so I could have a better understanding of operations. After, we spoke a little on a personal level about our families, and said our goodbyes. She said she would contact me that afternoon after she conducted more interviews.

Interview Questions

• What merchandising experience did I have while I did retail work in the past. Give examples.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Baker & Taylor.

Interview

Went through a recruiter and ended up doing two interviews on two different days with three managers. Pretty straightforward - met with each manager individually and they each asked me questions and described the position they were hiring for. This took place in the Charlotte office and luckily, unlike other jobs, the wait time was not too long.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me a time when you...." (I forget the rest, but most of the questions were like this - which I hate!) Also strengths/weaknesses.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baker & Taylor (Mount Laurel, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

They asked questions regarding my experience, work detail, what I actually did, did I write and procedures how would my co workers rate me how well do I work under pressure, how often have I been late or not called in

Order Picker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Baker & Taylor (Bridgewater, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

HR at this company is very good, they were friendly and explained everything very well. The interview process was pleasant. Took them a little while to call me back though about a week. I had finally given up on them and was going to take a different job when they finally called least made it exciting.

Interview Questions

• The normal stuff, how did you handle a situation, what did you like most bout previous job ect   Answer Question

Purchasing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Baker & Taylor (San Diego, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Got a call from the recruiter and had a quick phone interview. She scheduled a in person interview with four people.
    The usual questions were asked, why do you wan to work here, how do you prioritize your day and talked about my education. Everyone was nice and polite.
    No response from company after the interview.

Field Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Baker & Taylor.

Interview

Beginning interview was positive until the District Manager mentally turned it into a negative interview when you asked a question. Followup with Recruiter would not return my calls. Very unprofessional!

Interview Questions

• Insecure District Manager felt I was trying to take her job after I asked "Are there any advancement opportunities?"   1 Answer

Senior Buyer Interview

Interview

Interview consists of HR, Manager, Director and VP

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in wholesale?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker & Taylor in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly. I was called by the Human Resource Manager, and she was very professional. I came in for my interview with Human Resources and the department Supervisor. The interview lasted about an hour. It was moreso handled by HR that the Supervisor, which was unexpected in my opinion. I was offered the position a week later.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected was the HR lady conducting most of the interview, with little input from the supervisor. I had a lot of questions directed towards to the position.   Answer Question