Ball State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Ball State University

2.3

Computer Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muncie, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ball State University (Muncie, IN) in March 2018.

Interview

One interview consisting of technical questions and trying to gauge if I had the skills necessary. It was a very comfortable atmosphere for the interview in his office handed out paperwork going over guidelines and prerequisites.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with MacOS and Windows?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any experience with building or repairing computers?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ball State University in August 2011.

Interview

The hiring/interview process here is rather easy, really. You'll be asked a lot of generic questions, like "do you prefer to work alone or on a team." Answers will be obvious, like, "I enjoy both."

You'll interview with the Director, then with the support staff, then with the professional staff (who will be your peers in the job). For the professional staff, you'll be required to give a 10-minute presentation with the topic, "Why you should choose Ball State." Focus on the big points, like Immersive Learning, academics, facilities, athletics.

Interview Questions

• "Why should we not hire you?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay did not seem negotiable. Play hardball because you'll definitely be underpaid in this position.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muncie, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ball State University (Muncie, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

One in-person interview, interviewed by a 3-person selection committee. Accepted offer 1 week later, started 2 weeks after that. HR completes the background check. Supervisor completes the reference check. Interview was approx. 30 minutes - 40 minutes.

Media Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muncie, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ball State University (Muncie, IN) in December 2012.

Interview

I only had one interview and was offered the position on the spot. I first interviewed with the Graduate Assistant before speaking with the official supervisor. Both were very nice and the conversation was very relaxed.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ball State University in August 2017.

Interview

Gave a presentation to the whole of the admissions staff than two one on one interviews. They flew me in for the interview and had me stay at the campus hotel. They reimbursed me for the whole process.

Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muncie, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ball State University (Muncie, IN) in August 2014.

Interview

I meet with a group of people from the department, and each person asked my questions and I answered them. Then they took me around the office to show me the environment that the job would operate in if I were hired.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my former job   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ball State University.

Interview

Very brief, mostly questions about why you would like the position. Some questions included personal interests to the position as well as situational questions. Interview was conducted by department specialist and panel of employees.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ball State University.

Interview

submit application and transcript. it was a simple process overall, very none stressful

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Muncie, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ball State University (Muncie, IN) in July 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by two people, during which I expressed why I wanted to work in their department, shared my background, and explained how well of a fit I would be, and they agreed!

Interview Questions

• How will your experiences translate to the use of the Banner system?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Muncie, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ball State University (Muncie, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

Ask general question, how good you are with several tools. do you like to work with us, then talk you with professors and tell them your status, and ask them about their job