Ballard Spahr Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Ballard Spahr

2.7

Conflicts Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ballard Spahr (Phila, PA) in April 2018.

Interview

I interviewed with the former manager who asked me questions regarding my background and experience. The interview process was about two hours long and I believe it went very well. I received a call a day or two later informing me that I was being offered a position at the firm.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about not proficiency with Microsoft office and required to take a skills test.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ballard Spahr (Washington, DC).

Interview

Straight forward process. First phone interview, then call-in for skills test and in person interview. Got my offer a day later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They give you a number and you can negotiate from there.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ballard Spahr (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

I submitted my cover letter and resume to the group leader. The interview process was set up through HR. It was a 1/2 day interview for an unposted position. Interviewed with groups of partners and associates.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ballard Spahr (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview was like a conversation. But those who interview you seem super nice but in the workplace they are much different. The questions were very general. They just want to see how you are as a general person. They promised that I would be heavily in contact with lawyers but it was not true. The interview was generally them talking up how great the company is to trick you into wanting to work there.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ballard Spahr (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I went through several interviews. They took a very long time to call me back. The interviewers were professional and I really enjoyed talking to the manager who would be my supervisor. She is the reason I took the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite book or author and why? What do you read on your free time?   1 Answer
    • How do you respond to pressure? Can you give me an example of a time when you handled it badly and what did you learn from that experience?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ballard Spahr (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Once the ball got really it took a while still. There were many people involved in the hiring and selection process. I spoke with two girls from HR, two assistants, the office manager and two attorneys.

Legal Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ballard Spahr (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with the Director of Practice Management and her backup. With the Director of Practice Management, we spent more time talking about people we both knew than we did talking about the position, although that was covered too. There was some testing involving knowledge of legal terminology and Microsoft Office software.

Interview Questions

• I'm afraid this position won't be challenging enough for you. What do you think?   Answer Question

Legal Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ballard Spahr (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied on line in November 2015. Got two e-mail inquiries and a phone interview in December 2015. An in person interview in January 2016 which consisted interviewing with Administration and Attorney. Interviewers were pleasant and very informative. Software grammar and typing tests followed. After tests were taken I was told they will be in touch. Haven't heard anything from them yet

Interview Questions

• Why haven't you been working since you were laid off?   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ballard Spahr (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I was given a call-back at this firm, following OCI. The attorneys were friendly and courteous, and expected that the interviewee have a lot of specific knowledge about the firm and what his/her areas of interest are. This process took place in a single conference room and was a bit less structured and formal than other callback interviews I had, with many attorneys running a bit late or staying a bit later. I heard nothing from the firm after several weeks, and it was by my initiative in a follow-up call that I realized that I had not been given an offer.

Staff Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ballard Spahr (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviews start with a preliminary interview with the hiring partner and a small committee. Second interviews are with the entire department. The offers need to ultimately be approved by Philadelphia, which can take some time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Tell us about yourself? Typical interview questions.   Answer Question