Baltimore County Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Baltimore County Public Schools Interview Questions

Interviews at Baltimore County Public Schools

2.7

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baltimore County Public Schools.

Interview

The interview wasn't bad. It was an initial screening interview to get into the county in order for you to then apply to individual schools. It was about 10 questions to answer. All of the questions were provided in front of me to read over or refer to. Generic questions about how I'd teach, manage students, make connections. Interviewed with a principal from the county at a university job fair. Process was quick, interview was about 20 minutes in totality, then I could continue to interview with principals once the screening interview ended.

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baltimore County Public Schools (Towson, MD) in April 2019.

Interview

Had a very casual, but personal, interview at my college with a representative. From the start, the rep made me very comfortable and took away my nerves. The process was relatively short (15-20 minutes), with a chance to ask questions at the end and an extended application.

Speech Language Pathologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baltimore County Public Schools (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

The interview took place at a special education job fair. A 30 minute screening interview with a set of questions that were asked/written out. Once the questions were complete there was an opportunity for me to ask questions.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Baltimore County Public Schools (Baltimore, MD) in March 2018.

Interview

Panel interview, but it's a bit political. You get called if you "qualify," but often they already know who they want. The interview can waste the applicant's time because it's just a formality.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style? How would you use data to improve outcomes?   Answer Question

Administrative/Clerical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baltimore County Public Schools (Towson, MD).

Interview

Just completed and passed the typing test.
    Upon contacting Michelle Rhinehart, a link was sent to my email. I signed up by selecting, date, day and time.
    On day of test, parking was a challenge. We all waited in a room near the reception area. Then Ms. RHINEHART announced "everyone sitting for test, come with" her.
    She took about eight of us into a room with tables, laptops and vessels with 3 sheets in plastic covers. Sample. She was careful, precise and explained all steps along the way before we began typing.

Interview Questions

• I had trouble with touch screen and how to single space the block letter. The lap top seemed to default to a 1 inch and 1/2
      inch spacing.   Answer Question

Elementary Classroom Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Baltimore County Public Schools (Baltimore, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied with BCPS months before they finally reviewed my application. They actually didn't interview me until August; literally a week before school began. You have to do an entrance interview first, which I completed in December at a job expo. Once you pass that, HR will add you to the candidate pool where principals/schools can contact you for employment. You then meet with the school/principal and from there you will get hired by HR.

Technology Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Baltimore County Public Schools (Baltimore, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

6 person panel with HR asking questions. everyone else is grading you for each question asked in its complexity and how you process the question.

nothing technical was asked. true for every interview I've been on minus Network engineer.

Sub Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Baltimore County Public Schools (Baltimore, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

After applying online, it took about 2 months before I was invited for an interview online. It was brief and straight to the point. They asked about my experience and want to know how diversified you are.

Interview Questions

• Your experience working with people from different culture   1 Answer

Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baltimore County Public Schools (Baltimore, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

I met with the OT team leader for a 30-45 minute interview. She made the interview process very professional and comfortable. Prior to interviewing, I was given the opportunity to shadow two therapists at two different schools, in order to observe the schools I was applying to.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my pediatric experience, sensory integration, equipment familiarity, collaboration experience, etc.   1 Answer

Elementary Classroom Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Baltimore County Public Schools (Towson, MD).

Interview

Not too hard, make sure your personality shines through. Talk about past lessons and experiences. The interview process was very, very long. first you have to be selected to be interviewed by the county after you submit your application which can take weeks, then after your screening interview if you did a good job you have to wait to be interviewed by elementary school principals. After that you may or may not be offered a job.