Baltimore County Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 25, 2017

2.5

Elementary Classroom Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Baltimore County Public Schools (Baltimore, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied with BCPS months before they finally reviewed my application. They actually didn't interview me until August; literally a week before school began. You have to do an entrance interview first, which I completed in December at a job expo. Once you pass that, HR will add you to the candidate pool where principals/schools can contact you for employment. You then meet with the school/principal and from there you will get hired by HR.

Elementary Classroom Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Baltimore County Public Schools (Towson, MD).

Interview

Not too hard, make sure your personality shines through. Talk about past lessons and experiences. The interview process was very, very long. first you have to be selected to be interviewed by the county after you submit your application which can take weeks, then after your screening interview if you did a good job you have to wait to be interviewed by elementary school principals. After that you may or may not be offered a job.

Sales and Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lutherville Timonium, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baltimore County Public Schools (Lutherville Timonium, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

I was asked various questions about who i work for and why i want to go into marketing, I explained why i wanted to work in a marketing firm.

Interview Questions

• Why did i want to work for Marketing firm?   1 Answer
    • What makes me a excellent candidate then most?   1 Answer
    • Why haven't i applied for other jobs within Baltimore County Public Schools?   1 Answer

Special Educator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Baltimore County Public Schools (Baltimore, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

I submitted a resume in application to a pool candidate session and had a quick interview during the last pool interview session and I met with a principal from a local elementary school. I have been trying to work full time for Baltimore County for the last three years.

Interview Questions

• How do you reach difficult students?   1 Answer

IT Director of Education Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Baltimore County Public Schools.

Interview

They were prompt. It was a panel interview. I did not feel as if the job description adequately conveyed what the position required. I had to fill out a lengthy application (which I think could have been done online) and they were unwilling to budge on interview times. It was the first day of school in the district I was employed in at the time.

Interview Questions

• What is your comprehensive technology plan for the next five years?   Answer Question

Math Resource Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baltimore County Public Schools (Towson, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by a representative from the Office of Math and the Office of Science. They asked questions pertaining to my ability to teach math to elementary mathematics students. They also discussed the training that would be provided with the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would teach multiplication to students who struggling.   Answer Question

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baltimore County Public Schools (Owings, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with the Department Chair and Principal. Job offer came a few weeks later directly from HR. Asked a lot of questions about classroom style, qualifications, interests, and experiences. Both seemed very knowledgeable and approachable. I had to choose between several different schools. The process was very time consuming because I had to meet with several schools before I knew if I was getting an offer at a school I already interviewed with.

Administrative Secretary II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baltimore County Public Schools (Baltimore, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

Someone else had already been selected for the position, but out of obligation to HR protocol, 6 people still must be interviewed (have their time wasted). The interviewer had contacted my administrator prior to the interview, and my administrator job blocked me, saying please don't take her; we desperately need her at our school. I was interviewed by a panel of people.

Interview Questions

• If you have a sick student, a disgruntled parent, and an administrator enter the office at the same time, how would you prioritize? They asked several trick questions, such as "We like to curse and joke around in the office; it helps us get things done. How do you feel about that?"   1 Answer

Administrative Secretary III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baltimore County Public Schools (Baltimore, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

I met with the principal and assistant principal to discuss my employment history and how I handle multiple tasks. Then I came back for second interview and met with the teachers who asked questions concerning process and being available for their needs when they are unable to.

Interview Questions

• If you were working on one project and another project came up due at the same time, how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baltimore County Public Schools (Baltimore, MD) in August 2013.

Interview

Teach a mock lesson to actual students in front of a panel. The questions were given before your interview time so it pays to arrive early. You are evaluated for knowledge of the content and control of your tutoring session. Afterwards, the panel gives you feedback on your performance. Then the panel takes turns asking interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What inspired you to apply for this position?   Answer Question
    • If there was a situation were a student was causing constant disruptions, how would you adjust your teaching and maintain order in the classroom?   Answer Question