Baltimore County Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2018

2.7

Classroom Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Baltimore County Public Schools (Baltimore, MD) in August 2009.

Interview

The job was in a low income area and I was informed during the interview that no training from a "white" university will help me regardless of being trained as a school teacher. I took the job anyway because the pay was nice, and the assistant principal seemed to communicate better than the principal.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok leaving everyday knowing what kind of conditions these children go home too, or knowing that this isn't some movie where you are going to save kids?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate, but I think I could have if I had more experience in the area of salary negotiation.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baltimore County Public Schools.

Interview

I skipped the curriculum interview and went right to the individual school (I had a contact who got me through the door) so I can't speak to what goes on at the top. But at the school level it's mostly standard education questions. What's your educational philosophy? How do you handle diversity in the classroom? Describe a lesson that went wrong? How do you use formative and summative assessment?

Essentially, if you've paid any attention at all in your pedagogy courses you'll be fine; it's the standard questions you'd expect.

Interview Questions

• All questions were fairly straightforward. I do not recall anything being particularly tricky.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation; salary scale.

Technology Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Baltimore County Public Schools (Baltimore, MD) in June 2012.

Interview

Answered and filled out questions on test sheet. This took about a half hour. Once I was called into the interview, there were six people on the board. They passed around my answer sheet for about 10 minutes. They finally said I look like I know what I'm doing. Do I have any questions for them?

Interview Questions

• Do I have any questions for them?   1 Answer

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baltimore County Public Schools (Owings, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with the Department Chair and Principal. Job offer came a few weeks later directly from HR. Asked a lot of questions about classroom style, qualifications, interests, and experiences. Both seemed very knowledgeable and approachable. I had to choose between several different schools. The process was very time consuming because I had to meet with several schools before I knew if I was getting an offer at a school I already interviewed with.

High School English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baltimore County Public Schools (Baltimore, MD) in March 2013.

Interview

I was given a list of questions to study to prepare for the interview. I studied the questions and prepared the answers in my head and jotted down some notes. I was then interviewed by two members of the Baltimore County Public School System and was asked multiple questions about teaching styles, classroom management, and curriculum,

Interview Questions

• How would you handle classroom management?   1 Answer

Sales and Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lutherville Timonium, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baltimore County Public Schools (Lutherville Timonium, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

I was asked various questions about who i work for and why i want to go into marketing, I explained why i wanted to work in a marketing firm.

Interview Questions

• Why did i want to work for Marketing firm?   1 Answer
    • What makes me a excellent candidate then most?   1 Answer
    • Why haven't i applied for other jobs within Baltimore County Public Schools?   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baltimore County Public Schools (Baltimore, MD) in August 2013.

Interview

Teach a mock lesson to actual students in front of a panel. The questions were given before your interview time so it pays to arrive early. You are evaluated for knowledge of the content and control of your tutoring session. Afterwards, the panel gives you feedback on your performance. Then the panel takes turns asking interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What inspired you to apply for this position?   Answer Question
    • If there was a situation were a student was causing constant disruptions, how would you adjust your teaching and maintain order in the classroom?   Answer Question

Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baltimore County Public Schools (Baltimore, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

I met with the OT team leader for a 30-45 minute interview. She made the interview process very professional and comfortable. Prior to interviewing, I was given the opportunity to shadow two therapists at two different schools, in order to observe the schools I was applying to.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my pediatric experience, sensory integration, equipment familiarity, collaboration experience, etc.   1 Answer

Elementary Classroom Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Baltimore County Public Schools (Towson, MD).

Interview

Not too hard, make sure your personality shines through. Talk about past lessons and experiences. The interview process was very, very long. first you have to be selected to be interviewed by the county after you submit your application which can take weeks, then after your screening interview if you did a good job you have to wait to be interviewed by elementary school principals. After that you may or may not be offered a job.

Elementary Classroom Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Baltimore County Public Schools (Baltimore, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied with BCPS months before they finally reviewed my application. They actually didn't interview me until August; literally a week before school began. You have to do an entrance interview first, which I completed in December at a job expo. Once you pass that, HR will add you to the candidate pool where principals/schools can contact you for employment. You then meet with the school/principal and from there you will get hired by HR.