Baltimore Sun Media Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Baltimore Sun Media Group Interview Questions

2.2

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baltimore Sun Media Group (Baltimore, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

My application is complete I need
    1more day to do my drug screening.
    October 31, 2016 .
    I would appreciate the company so
    much more for giving me more time
    to complete my drug screening for
    the position I applied for am expected
    to do as an employee.
    Team leader
    Influential
    Patient
    Compassionate
    Thank you for your time and attention.

Advertising Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baltimore Sun Media Group (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Very easy process. I had two interviews. One in person with the GM and one in person with the Sales manager. The second interview was more like a shadow day. They are very nice but its because they have no clue about anything.

Interview Questions

• What type of person are you? Type A or B?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baltimore Sun Media Group (Baltimore, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

30 minute Phone screen with friendly and informative recruiter. Face to face with sales director and sales manager. Interview was laid back and informal. Had to take a quick personality assessment online.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baltimore Sun Media Group.

Interview

Professional. Interviewed with many colleagues. Very laid back interview process. Extensive process meeting with internal clients and colleagues. They asked the very typical interview questions. Nothing really about my skills or aptitude.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do 5 years from now.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple.

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Baltimore Sun Media Group (Baltimore, MD) in September 2012.

Interview

Currently employed for approximately seven years. Initially I applied for the Entertainment Directors position at the Carnival Cruise Line at the marina which did not go over well Management there was vague. In the alternative, I heard "The Baltimore Sun" was hiring having a job fair at the same time across the street as published in their paper. So I took a chance and went there in person. The rest is history.

Interview Questions

• "It is a low wage paying, hard working, dirty job; are you sure you want the job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baltimore Sun Media Group (Baltimore, MD) in June 2012.

Interview

Easy interview process. They can't find people that want to work for them.

Co-Op Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baltimore Sun Media Group (Baltimore, MD) in December 2010.

Interview

Interview consisted of a phone interview, an interview with an employee not directly related to the position, who then called me back for a 1:1 interview with direct supervisor, then that person's direct supervisor (who would have a say in the hiring decision as well), then a short personality test. Offer was communicated less than four days after the final interview; offer letter was received via UPS overnight. Very straightforward, but challenging interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Baltimore Sun Media Group (Baltimore, MD) in March 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with the HR manager, then the team leader, then two vice presidents. Months of follow up, during the end of year holidays, on my part, did not produce instant feedback and an offer as I thought it would. Process was just too long and drawn out.

Interview Questions

• How would you perform this job if you started tomorrow?   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baltimore Sun Media Group in January 2010.

Interview

In-person interview with 2 managers then a 2nd interview with the Director. Job offer was given then a pre employment drug test was taken. I don't believe they do that anymore.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. Very relaxed interview with no cliche' questions. More of a conversation.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Baltimore Sun Media Group in April 2011.

Interview

Phone call, and 2 in person interviews. The office is clean, and You get a parking pass- which is great for stuff downtown. The sales manager and general sales manager interviewed me. They were personable but promised me things that were beyond their power. The sales team of 50 were stand-offish in the begining- but with such a high turnover for staff, the ones that were making good money felt secure and were friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No... I was told it was the only compensation option available. Later I found out they lied.