Bank Hapoalim Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 8, 2017

2.8

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank Hapoalim (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Very relaxing atmosphere during the interview. Had two meetings - first one with the head of the Israeli group that wanted me to tell about myself, previous career, why I want to leave current job, etc, second with HR.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank Hapoalim (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was quit simple, they asked me about my interest in finance and some technical questions regarding the markets. The upper management is very nice and the interview was not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• Is the price of equity or debt higher and why?
      What is going on in the markets?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bank Hapoalim.

Interview

It was two rounds, one with HR and one with the department manager. HR was very welcoming and asked basic questions to make sure the job was a fit. The next round was more in depth asking more market risk related questions and about my background. Most questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was asking me do describe VAR and Brownian motion   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank Hapoalim (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

All behavioral questions and the goal is to see if you would be a good fit at the company. They tell you upfront that most people either know they don't belong after 3 months or fit right into the culture and stay for much longer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The more junior the position the less negotiation room there is.

Senior Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank Hapoalim (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Very detailed.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about Compliance?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Set price.

Derivatives Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bank Hapoalim (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Process was efficient. I was selected from a pool of applicants all gleaned from referrals of existing employees . The process took about six weeks to play out with and offer letter delivered at the final meeting

Interview Questions

• How can you be accretive in driving revenues for the desk   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bank Hapoalim (Miami, FL) in January 2010.

Interview

Straight forward. Met with Head of Dept. Asked simple questions more conversational than an actual interview. Also met with HR talked about benefits. Offer letter was almost I immediate after interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Asked for 5% more than what it was offered

Future Manager Path Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank Hapoalim (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)).

Interview

A basic phone interview with Adam Milo representative, then a 9-hour marathon that included group activities and logic/math exams, then a 1-on-1 meeting in company's HQ. The whole process took about a month or so. During the group meeting, we were about 15 participants, and just two of must went to the end (some of the participants are cut at the earlier stages and don't participate in all the tests/activities).

Interview Questions

• The main part of the process was a group meeting.
      In the personal interview later there were mostly the usual personal questions, like how do you perform in a stressful environment, how would take care of a (particular) client request, where do you see yourself in 5 years (sic!)
      Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank Hapoalim (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in March 2014.

Interview

1. Interview with a 3rd party HR company
    2. Interview with the direct manager.
    3. Group dynamics and IQ tests at "Adam Milo" test center.
    4. Interview with the group leader.
    5. credibility test on a computer and an interview.

After these two weeks the Bank has selected another candidate.
    All in all it was a good opportunity and in general a neutral experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe IT systems backup architecture   1 Answer

Investment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank Hapoalim (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in March 2013.

Interview

Two rounds, finance questions and matters from recent news, as Tell me about two recent trends in the economy ? Now tell me about a trend that is specific to the American community. What is the current situation of the stock exchange in China?
    Also, They ask what could be your possible strengths, weaknesses, and to tell about a time in your life when you failed. Then, asking why would you want to work specifically for them,

Interview Questions

• Tell me about two recent trends in the economy ? Now tell me about a trend that is specific to the American community. What is the current situation of the stock exchange in China?   Answer Question