Bank Midwest Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank Midwest Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2017

3.1

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank Midwest.

Interview

it was good but pretty tough once you don't know about the company well. Once you know alot about what you are doing, it will be fine it was good but pretty tough once you don't know about the company well. Once you know alot about what you are doing, it will be fine

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a rotten apple?   1 Answer

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank Midwest (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Normal polite introductions.
    They go over the company history/vision.
    Interveiw questions.
    They give you info on the status of the branch your applying to become employed at.
    They ask you what hours you are available to work?
    They ask what kind of salary are you looking for?
    They ask why you're leaving your current employer?
    They let you know that they will be in contact.

Interview Questions

• Give me your elevator speech.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They will negotiate but will usually only give 1 counter offer. Dont take less than 33k, 40k is the highest unless you have a lot of experiance and they really want you.

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank Midwest (Olathe, KS) in July 2015.

Interview

I put in my application and resume online. I got a call about 1 week later to set up a phone interview with someone who works with NBH headquarters, the owner of Bank Midwest. The interview went well. I worked previously as a teller at another bank so many questions revolved around that experience.

Only 15-20 minutes after I finished my phone interview I got another call to set up a face to face interview at the branch that I applied for. I set it up for the early part of the following week. That interview went well too. The next day I got a call for a job offer in which I accepted.

Overall the process was quite fast as they were looking to fill the vacancy quickly.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank Midwest in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online- then about three days later I got a call from an off-site recruiter to set up a phone interview. During the phone interview she asked a lot of questions regarding my resume such as my work experience and my leadership experience on campus. Pretty much the entire interview was about my past work experience. The interviewer was very nice and did a good job describing the position and the next step in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from others?
      Have you ever worked in a a sales driven and goal oriented position?
      What would your past mangers/supervisors say about you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bank Midwest.

Interview

VERY STRICT. Online apps only. If there is a single grammatical error or misspelled word, app/resume is thrown out. Phone interview with recruiter, followed by in-person interview with location management, followed by interview with group/regional manager. Very long and intrusive process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Know bank salaries. They will definitely attempt to low ball. SUPER low ball. Stand firm. If they want you enough they will pay you the right reasonable amount.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cameron, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank Midwest (Cameron, MO) in October 2012.

Interview

As it was explained to me, You HAVE to apply online; paper apps and resumes are no longer accepted as an initial application. If HR receives the app AND they think you qualify for the position, you will receive a phone interview, or a phone call to set up a phone interview. IF you pass the phone interview, your app will be passed on to the location/banking center you applied for a job at. That manager/sup will set up a face-to-face interview, and if you pass that, the mgr/sup will pass information back to HR for review. Then you are finally offered a job.

Non-post Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank Midwest (Kansas City, MO) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied online and was called in for a in-person interview. I interviewed with the hiring manager. It was a very simply hiring processes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation