Bar Louie Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

1.9

Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bar Louie (San Antonio, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Just talked about job history and management style. What they were looking for as far as getting ticket times lower as well as financially increase the locations revenue through new and innovative ways to selling lunch or delivery

FOH Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bar Louie (Orlando, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Online at first then a phone interview. Online assessment was thorough. The online had A few snafus to work through. I was referred by an employee and ex co-worker. A company I would like to work for.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bar Louie in September 2016.

Interview

It was very relaxed and I found out there that I was hired. Interviewed with two managers that were on and they basically asked me questions off my resume. Overall, one of my easiest interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not applicable

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bar Louie.

Interview

Hiring manager asked me questions about my prior work experience, why I want to work at bar louie, when I am available to start and what days can I work.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Bar Louie? Are you available to work weekends?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bar Louie (Westlake, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

No real interview.. 3 in one day.. met with GM, DO was offered the job after all background cleared... DO seemed very inexperienced many questions had nothing to do with job and more with whether he liked me as a friend which made no sense..

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bar Louie (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

Bar Louie interview questions for Face to Face interview:
    - Tell me about a time when you had to give someone difficult feedback.
    - When was the last time you were in a crises?
    - What's the best movie you've seen in the last year?
    - How did you assign priorities to jobs?
    - What have you learned from your mistakes?
    - How do you see your job relating to the overall goals?

Interview Questions

• Bar Louie interview questions for One on One interview:
      - Tell me about your work experience? How has it prepared you for a career at Bar Louie?
      - Do you prefer to work in a small, medium or large company?
      - How do you establish good communication and information flow with others?
      - Tell me about the most effective presentation you have made.
      - Do you find your job exciting or boring?
      - What personal weakness has caused you the greatest difficulty in school or at work?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bar Louie (Denver, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was quick, stress-free, and painless. I came in to try some of the food and ask about any job openings. The manager sat down with me one-on-one and it felt very relaxed. After he spoke with me he gave me an application to fill out and once I finished filling it out he told me he'd speak with the General Manager and let me know within a couple days if I got the job. He called the next day to let me know I was hired.

Bartender/Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wheaton, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bar Louie (Wheaton, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

My interview process went smoothly I interviewed and was hired on the spot, most of the other employees had to go through a second interview. We sat at a round table and spoke to the manager of whatever are of interest you applied for (server, bartender, kitchen staff etc). There were pictures of the uniform on the wall so that helped me know by day one what to wear to training and on the job. I was also given a printed out calendar with the upcoming training dates.

Interview Questions

• Who do you ID when serving alcohol?   1 Answer

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bar Louie (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

I went to apply in person and was told to apply online via the company's website. A day or so later after completing the application, I called the store to see if I could set up an interview. I met with the GM a day or so later and the interview was pretty casual. It felt more like we were getting t know each other rather than asking so many questions. We talked about my experience and availability and I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Where did you work before?
      How long have you been bartending?
      Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bar Louie (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

great interview process. I applied online and then received a phone call later that week. I met with the AGM and then the GM once the AGM grabbed him. We went over scheduling and availability. Overall great experience and work life with this company

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work here   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation