Barkley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 28, 2017

2.7

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barkley (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied via the Careers page on March 1. Followed up with 2 separate internal referrals. I was never contacted. 48 days later, I sent a follow-up email (the job was still posted), and the job was removed from the careers page the next day.

My guess is that the job was either filled or pulled, and no one updated the Careers website. I think the recruiting staff is either over-worked, or (more likely) lacks supervision.

Better to find out about this culture of internal communication now, than when I’m employed there and need something, right?

Video Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barkley (New York, NY).

Interview

Creative Application process and interview. The guy I interviewed with didn't really have any questions. He also didn't seemed prepared at all saying I was the first person he ever interviewed.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barkley.

Interview

had two interviews at barkley over the course of one week. had to apply online by making a tumblr where you showcase how exactly you'd rebrand a small-ish brand - less than 500k followers on all social media platforms. they limited you to three different activations and you also had to create a short video about yourself.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Barkley (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

The interview process was informal and natural. There were two in-person interviews, both of which involved meeting at remote locations. I was very impressed with the questions asked, as they could be interpreted as simple or complex answers. The whole process felt more like a conversation than an interview, in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• In .Net - which is more efficient to use: a string or a string builder?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barkley (Kansas City, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

Pretty laid back. I wasn't in the area, so they gave me the opportunity to do a few rounds of phone interviews before I came in for a final interview. Questions were predictable and all had to do with my previous experience and what I expected out of the job. Nothing crazy.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your previous experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for more and we settled in between.

Junior Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Barkley (Kansas City, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

There were multiple stages to the interview process. Barkley was very understanding of my situation (I wasn't able to start immediately after graduation for personal reasons) & continued to stay in contact with me. I had a few phone calls with my potential supervisors before being flown out to meet my future team. Everyone was laid back & easy going. I never felt nervous or overwhelmed. I felt welcomed during the interview process & continue to love Barkley more & more.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about my work, passions, & "why advertising."   1 Answer

Negotiation

Because I was accepting a junior position right out of college, I did not negotiate.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barkley (Kansas City, MO) in December 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with five people over a Google Hangouts video call, it was super relaxed, I didn't feel intimidated even the slightest. They're interested in getting to know you as a person.

Interview Questions

• How did you get into the business of advertising?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barkley (Kansas City, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

Submitted an application online, and received an email to set up an in-person interview. There was a mix-up and I ended up calling in to confirm the appointment as I was not responded to after the initial "yes we want to meet you" email. The following day after the call, I received an email scheduling us for that Friday with five (5) individuals. The day before the interview, I received an email stating that the time we originally upon was not going to work for the team, and was informed the interview would be later in the day. Before the interview, the head hiring manager stopped and said hello and asked how soon I would be able to start work if an offer was extended, and I said three (3) weeks to allow time for my current company to find a replacement and transition work. Shortly after, I met with four (4) of the five (5) individuals scheduled for the interview - the fifth ended up being the client who was not able to meet. Everyone was friendly, and appeared to get along well - additionally, there was a good energy with the group. They stated this was a slightly different situation than normal and it was a bit closer of an environment with this particular client.

I did not receive follow-up one way or the other after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions I received were behavioral - or how I have reacted, or would react in x situation.   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barkley (Kansas City, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

I came in for a tour and then had a short interview with a CD followed by a few interviews with some creatives (all levels). After that I got called back for an interview with the ECD. We had an awkward lunch.

Social Media Content Creator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Barkley (Kansas City, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

I was called in for an interview less than a week after I applied (through a family friend who works there). I met with someone who was assistant to the head of the department because he was supposedly out of town. I was told by not only the HR person but the person I interviewed with that would receive a phone call about a second interview. That was back in mid-July 2015. I have since emailed multiple times and called and left a message with the person in recruiting who called me initially to set up the interview and left a message. I have yet to hear back from anyone and it's been over a month and a half. I felt like they were very motivated to fill the position at first and then I'm not sure what happened. I thought the interview went OK.

Interview Questions

• You know this position only has to do with ***** ***** (this one particular client), right? (No where in the job's description was this client named or implemented)   1 Answer