Basin Electric Power Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Basin Electric Power

2.8

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bismarck, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Basin Electric Power (Bismarck, ND) in February 2015.

Interview

I was told by email that there would be a telephone interview. The interview started with an introduction and the job descriptions and the benefits the company offer their employee. after the interview, I was given chance to ask questions

Interview Questions

• describe your experience and Education background   1 Answer

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beulah, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Basin Electric Power (Beulah, ND) in April 2014.

Interview

Panel with two superintendents drilling you with question. Even leading you to the answers they wanted. Not the most professional interview. They lacked character and consideration. They probably should not be in the position they are in.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beulah, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Basin Electric Power (Beulah, ND) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied in November 2013. Spoke with the hiring manager at my college's career fair and said he had my resume and asked about coming onsite for an interview. A few weeks later I received a call to set up the interview. They were very flexible in getting me down, as I was unable to make it when many of the other candidates were coming.

The interview was pretty laid back. Mostly some questions about experiences and then questions about living in the area (as it is a small town). Had lunch onsite which was good and went for a tour. To end the day I was asked to take a drug test which was a bit unusual from the 10 or so other interviews I had been on, but most likely is more convenient for them.

Was told I would hear back within a week. A day after a week I emailed them as I had other offers to respond on. I did not hear back so the following day I sent an email to withdraw my name if it was still being considered.

Interview Questions

• Mostly just the comfort of living in that small town and if it would be a fit.   Answer Question

Protection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beulah, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Basin Electric Power (Beulah, ND) in March 2015.

Interview

The process was very lengthy initially from what I have been used to with other potential employers. I applied online , relating how I felt I was qualified, two days later received a link for the actual application. I completed the application and two weeks later received a phone call scheduling my phone interview( due to my lack of proximity to North Dakota) . The phone interview went well.
    A month went by, I thought I did not get the job , then I received a phone call scheduling my in person interview. I was flown to North Dakota via Delta Airlines, flight paid for and other traveling expenses reimbursed. In person Interview went well and was offered the position within minutes after leaving for the plant tour. I was flown back and had all other post offer requirements fulfilled in my location.

Interview Questions

• The questions were specific to emergency response.   1 Answer

Interview

Extremely unorganized and unprofessional hiring process. I saw the advertisement in the Star Tribune newspaper (Twin Cities) for this position that is based in Bismarck, ND. The posting said to email HR with "any questions". I emailed HR in regard to the base salary range and estimate of total first year earnings, which I did not think was out of line for a position someone in this area would have to relocate for. The HR rep said, "we are not comfortable sharing that information over the web", but wanted me to email my resume. She then replied back saying I was unqualified for the position, because I had less than the required amount of years experience. I clarified to her that I indeed met the minimum qualifications for the position, as I do not list every single position I've had over the last 10 yrs on my resume. I then attempted to reach her via phone, however was unsuccessful, and left a voice mail. She may be the only recruiter I've seen in my life who does not have a LinkedIn profile and her response time is horrendous! It was like pulling teeth to get any type of time frame out of her (i.e. when they'd like to have someone in place, when hiring mgr would make a decision on who to bring in for a f2f, etc.). She even told me they have a company policy where they do not send rejection emails until someone is actually on board, which could be a month or two?!?! The only thing that attracted me to this position was the comp that I eventually got out of her, which is in the 70-80k+ range. They supposedly give you a month's worth of salary for relocation and have apt's reserved (think a 1 bedroom was in the $600-800/mo range)...

Graphic Design Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bismarck, ND

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Basin Electric Power (Bismarck, ND) in January 2015.

Interview

Normally Basin will list the position online and notify Graphic Design Instructors. The application involved an intensive questionnaire, cover letter and resume. If called, the interview takes place with GD supervisor where they ask you about your goals in life, weaknesses, talents and interests. You will then present abd be interviewed by all of the designers. They ask questions about experience, accrual and attitude. Is successfu, they call back in a 1-2 week period. This entire process took me about a month. Orientation is about 3-4 days of meeting at 7:30 am.

Interview Questions

• What are you future goals with your schooling?
      Where do you see yourself?
      What are some if your weaknesses?
      Do you work better under pressure or with relaxed deadlines?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was only negotiation of scheduling. I had to balance my college course with the part-time position. They were very understanding.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Basin Electric Power in August 2009.

Interview

Applied on the net, had a face to face group interview. Great place to work...good people.