Baylis Medical Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Baylis Medical Company Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.8

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baylis Medical Company.

Interview

Here's a piece of advice for Baylis Medical, not that they will take it because they don't really care. Respect the people that take the time out of their schedule to interview with you. Just like you have busy schedules, so do the people that you are asking to change their schedules around to interview with you. No communication after a final interview is just ridiculous. Have the common courtesy to inform the candidates that you interviewed because that is the human thing to do. If it was just a single interview I understand not hearing back from a company, but a final interview with "high level" decision makers should warrant at least an email follow up post interview. It really isn't that hard to respect candidates that go through 3-4 interviews with you with an email or phone call.

1.phone screen
    2. in person with district
    3. in person with district and national sales manager, or skype
    Don't worry about them respecting your time or investment in the interview process

Interview Questions

• Any question that you can think of about the heart. They will ask you every question related to anatomy and physiology of the heart. Better go back to the textbook and name every vessel of the heart, the names of and how valves attach to the heart wall, 3 layers of the heart and their function, the way blood flows through, what procedures are done on the left atrium, electrical function of the heart, what the cells of the heart are named, Genetic defects to the heart, all about respiration and other lung processes, oxygenated blood vs deoxygenated blood. Basically you should be a cardiothoracic surgeon to answer the questions of two people with bachelor degrees in science that I'm sure knew all this detail when they interviewed for the job.   Answer Question
    • They have you "memorize" their product book for 3 minutes and then ask you questions on it. If you answer most of their questions they will ask even more detailed questions such as who the study was done by or other specific details to see how you react to pressure. Their product is best used for high risk cases and is double the price of the competition. It does make the procedure quicker but unless the patient is a high risk patient most users will use the cheaper standard needle.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baylis Medical Company (Boston, MA).

Interview

I went through 3 interviews. First was a short phone interview, second was a skype, and for the third they flew me out for a face to face interview.

Very difficult interview. It was my first interview out of college and still would be my hardest interview to date. There was two parts, the first half was very difficult in depth questions (study your material), the second half was your typical style of interview.

Interview Questions

• What are three negative qualities about you that can't be learned.   Answer Question

Clinical Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baylis Medical Company.

Interview

I had a phone interview followed by a skype interview. The whole process maybe took about a week and a half. They asked typical behavioral questions that most interviewers will ask, like tell me about a mistake you once made.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baylis Medical Company (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Quick 15 minute phone interview about a week after applying, followed by a Skype interview with the Territory Manager. This led to a quick and very basic interview with the U.S. sales manager about a week later. Throughout the whole process, they were bad about communication and providing feedback. Basic behavioral interview questions at all levels.

Interview Questions

• STAR
      Tell me about yourself.
      How would you respond to an angry customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baylis Medical Company in June 2016.

Interview

Completed a phone screening with HR and was referred to a territory manager for a Skype Interview. Both went well and was told that I would be hearing from someone at Headquarters in Canada. Followed up several times and never heard back. Poor communication.

Interview Questions

• Explain how past experiences will make you a good candidate for this position.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

Really unprofessional sales interview, pressure tested for reactions, constantly attacked with follow up questions without time to respond. Management really disorganized and pushed back and shuffled interview times. The company itself seems to have good motivations for patients, but management seems to have grown inorganically with cutthroat culture that is represented in the interview process

Interview Questions

• Draw a map of the cardiovascular system and asked to memorize a product chart   Answer Question

Sales and Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baylis Medical Company in September 2015.

Interview

The first few interviews were basic and straight forward. Everyone I interviewed with said this company was their first job out of college which was a bit of a red flag. The last interview was odd to say the least. They seemed to care more about playing mind games rather than actually asking about my specific experience and how I would fit. Having worked in the science field and medical device industry, it appeared they did not quite know what they were doing. It seemed like they tried to imitate the infamous Google interview questions but went about it in an unprofessional way. All in all, I understand what they were trying to see; if you can react a certain way under stress...although instead of asking puzzle or situational questions, they try to humiliate you and knock you down. I thought this might be an insight into the company and how they treat their employees. Coming to this page and seeing the reviews has confirmed my suspicions.

Interview Questions

• Was given a page of random specs for a product and was asked to memorize it in a couple minutes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baylis Medical Company (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Baylis Medical Company Sales. STAR (situational) , basis interview questions and scenarios, be prepared. I felt that it was straight forward and went well. No real complaints or anything to add.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baylis Medical Company (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through their website, and received a call roughly 2 weeks later to set up a telephone screening interview that lasted just over 20 minutes. They asked me about my current position, and few behavioral questions. They then set up a time to come into their office in Mississauga to meet with an HR rep, and Senior Admin Assistant who chatted about what the position entailed, and they proceeded to ask a series of more tedious behavioral questions .

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?
      If your boss was to describe 3 of your best qualities, what would they be?   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baylis Medical Company in February 2017.

Interview

For the first interview, I had the chance to talk to the HR representative for a quick screening. The interview took about 15 minutes and was very general (mostly about my background).

For the next round, I did a more comprehensive interview with the same HR representative through Skype. She asked me about the details of my past work experience and medical/research projects.

After couple days, I was set-up in an interview with one of the senior engineers. At the end of the interview, she brought up the design project that involved solving a specific design problem that requires CAD/design and writing a report in 24hrs.

I was skeptical if they are trying to steal ideas from the applicants or testing my skills. However, I decided to complete and submit the detailed design report anyway. After about a week, I got a response saying that I didn't get the position and did not provide any reasons or feedback.

A friend of mine was doing the same interview at the time, and he failed at this round as well (with no specific feedback or explanations) .

Judging by this company's churn rate of R&D Engineers, perpetuous posting of this position, and other candidates' reviews, I cannot help but doubt that they are exploiting the system and collecting talented applicants' ideas for their benefit.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in medical?
      How do you know about Baylis?
      Why are you interested in this position? Why do you want to work for us?
      What are your strength and weakness?
      Where do you see yourself in five years?
      What is your desired salary range?
      Tell us what has been your best work achievement to this point in your career. What made this achievement important?
      Describe a time when you received criticism. how did you respond?
      Biggest Challenges?and how to solve it

They expect comprehensive explanation of past medical/research projects that you've done   Answer Question