Baylis Medical Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Baylis Medical Company Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baylis Medical Company (Boston, MA).

Interview

I went through 3 interviews. First was a short phone interview, second was a skype, and for the third they flew me out for a face to face interview.

Very difficult interview. It was my first interview out of college and still would be my hardest interview to date. There was two parts, the first half was very difficult in depth questions (study your material), the second half was your typical style of interview.

Interview Questions

• What are three negative qualities about you that can't be learned.   Answer Question

Clinical Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baylis Medical Company.

Interview

I had a phone interview followed by a skype interview. The whole process maybe took about a week and a half. They asked typical behavioral questions that most interviewers will ask, like tell me about a mistake you once made.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baylis Medical Company (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Quick 15 minute phone interview about a week after applying, followed by a Skype interview with the Territory Manager. This led to a quick and very basic interview with the U.S. sales manager about a week later. Throughout the whole process, they were bad about communication and providing feedback. Basic behavioral interview questions at all levels.

Interview Questions

• STAR
      Tell me about yourself.
      How would you respond to an angry customer?

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baylis Medical Company in June 2016.

Interview

Completed a phone screening with HR and was referred to a territory manager for a Skype Interview. Both went well and was told that I would be hearing from someone at Headquarters in Canada. Followed up several times and never heard back. Poor communication.

Interview Questions

• Explain how past experiences will make you a good candidate for this position.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

Really unprofessional sales interview, pressure tested for reactions, constantly attacked with follow up questions without time to respond. Management really disorganized and pushed back and shuffled interview times. The company itself seems to have good motivations for patients, but management seems to have grown inorganically with cutthroat culture that is represented in the interview process

Interview Questions

• Draw a map of the cardiovascular system and asked to memorize a product chart   Answer Question

Sales and Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baylis Medical Company in September 2015.

Interview

The first few interviews were basic and straight forward. Everyone I interviewed with said this company was their first job out of college which was a bit of a red flag. The last interview was odd to say the least. They seemed to care more about playing mind games rather than actually asking about my specific experience and how I would fit. Having worked in the science field and medical device industry, it appeared they did not quite know what they were doing. It seemed like they tried to imitate the infamous Google interview questions but went about it in an unprofessional way. All in all, I understand what they were trying to see; if you can react a certain way under stress...although instead of asking puzzle or situational questions, they try to humiliate you and knock you down. I thought this might be an insight into the company and how they treat their employees. Coming to this page and seeing the reviews has confirmed my suspicions.

Interview Questions

• Was given a page of random specs for a product and was asked to memorize it in a couple minutes.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baylis Medical Company (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Baylis Medical Company Sales. STAR (situational) , basis interview questions and scenarios, be prepared. I felt that it was straight forward and went well. No real complaints or anything to add.

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Baylis Medical Company (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a general interview process. I got a call from the HR and had the informational interview by call. After the HR reviewed my basic information, she appointed a time with me for the further in-person interview at their office in Mississauga.

This is a more formal interview but the interviewer was late about 40 minutes so I just wait in the room. While the interview came, we started the interview well. This interview only reviewed the resume and asked why you fit the job? But it takes me 40 min. They took a writing sample and reference sheet from me and asked for the transcript.

I sent them the transcript the day after the interview and sent them a thank you letter because I really wanted the job. However, there is no further response. I emailed them afterwards 3 weeks after and they did not reply.

After about 2 month, they told me I fail and did not give any reason.

Interview Questions

• How do you know about Baylis?
      Introduce yourself
      Why do you interest in this position?
      why do you a strong candidate?
      What are your strength and weekness?

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baylis Medical Company (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

Initial interview with HR and Process Engineering Manager. This was followed by a take home design project. The project the project deadline was 3 days after the initial interview. Within a week after submitting the project there was a second interview with the Director of Operations and the Process Engineering Manager. An offer was made within a week of this second interview.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were general. During the second interview the focus was discussing the take home project   1 Answer

Engineering Assistant (Position) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Baylis Medical Company.

Interview

The interview process was fairly short. One interview that consisted of behavioural questions. HR manager was friendly and welcoming. It would have been nice to be interviewed by an engineer.

Interview Questions

• - Behavioural questions
      - Expected salary
      - Previous projects