Beechcraft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Beechcraft Interview Questions

2.7

Senior Supply Chain Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Beechcraft (Wichita, KS) in September 2012.

Interview

Was contact by a recruiter who wanted to have an exploratory conversation with me, as I was not actively looking for a job. I came on to campus and had a couple of panel interviews, but it was determined that the position that was available was probably lower than my skill level, so they invited me to come back and interview for a more senior position. Again, another panel interview with 10-15 questions that are typical of many interviews, although perhaps more specific to job skills and past experience that would contribute value to the open position. After this one, I was invited to have a meal with my would-be manager and his manager to get more acquainted with the position and the organization. Overall, everything felt very natural, like more of a long conversation than an interview. Each new interaction with the company gave me a more positive impression of the organization and its people. One of the biggest impressions was how friendly everyone was and how there was a good level of humor and interpersonal interaction during the interview, even among the interviewers on the panel.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions--I was both well-prepared and a good fit for my position, so nothing surprising. Asked technical questions about "total cost," skills with SAP, experience with supplier negotiation, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruiter called and asked for my salary range (between "slam dunk" and "would need to walk away"), as well as the additional parts of total compensation that were important to me. I was pretty transparent about my interests and where I was coming from, and the recruiter became my agent in negotiation. I was pleasantly surprised not only with how fluid that worked, but that overall it was a good offer that didn't take advantage of my transparency therein.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Beechcraft in January 2010.

Interview

Interviewes with senior leadership team, as well as company's owners, Goldman Sachs and Onex. Easy, none of them knew anything about marketing, didn't know what to ask me.

Interview Questions

• The company didn't understand consumer marketing, branding, positioning -- can be difficult to sell your marketing skills to people who who aren't versed in it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated larger salary.

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Beechcraft in July 2010.

Interview

Submitted resume online, phone interview, first level interview, second interview, received call from HR, negotiated salary. Whole process was interesting. First interview was 2.5 hours long followed by a plant tour, second was over an hour long.

Interview Questions

• Very behavioral based interview; "Tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated twice to get a $3000 bump.

Sourcing Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Beechcraft.

Interview

I had 4 different interviews for my position at Beechcraft. Overall, it was an okay experience. I was dissatisfied with the fact that the job positing was for a senior buyer and I was hired as a level two sourcing buyer. I could not get a clear confirmation on my title until a month after I was hired.

Interview Questions

• This question was not only difficult to answer, but very strange. I was asked by a manager who is no longer with the company, "If I could have anything written on my epitaph, what would it be?"   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Beechcraft.

Interview

Interviewed by engineering manager. Standard face to face.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Standard.

Project Manager - IT Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Beechcraft in January 2013.

Interview

Very standard process; resume and online application. My interview was a series of one phone interview with the recruiter, a followup phone interview with the hiring manager, an in office group interview with the hiring manager and a peer, in house group interview with the CIO and another peer, then sit and wait. Stay on top of the contacting, they are not real proactive at keeping in touch.

Interview Questions

• What is your opinion of the process, usefulness, and value of the [application] implementation at your [present/last] employer? Why?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Beechcraft (Wichita, KS) in September 2011.

Interview

Panel interview with multiple people from various positions in the company. Very in depth and focused. HR spent time with me going over the benefits and all the interviewers were very professional and answered all my questions. They seemed interested in what I had to offer and welcomed me.

Interview Questions

• More questions about my previous experiences, and what I believe I could bring to the table   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Beechcraft (Wichita, KS) in January 2011.

Interview

Gave the interview, received positive feedback onsite, but cannot get a response to follow-up phone calls and emails. Very unprofessional. If they're not going to give an offer, they should just say so. If they'd like to string me along, just tell me they're continuing to look around but I'm still in the running. Just be honest.

Interview Questions

Interview

Very long, little to no communication or updates on progress, even after interview and job offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing stood out. I got a copy of the typical interview questions that managers are supposed to ask before hand.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Beechcraft (Wichita, KS) in April 2012.

Interview

Had 1st phone interview with HR, 2nd phone interview with the Department Manager. Both interviews went well. Third interview was with a group of (6). Panel interviews are always a challenge, but this one was especially so, since they seemed to be looking for "keywords" that matched their current myriad needs. As a consequence, I had to ask them to re-state their questions again and again. In a follow-up with the HR recruiter, I was advised that that particular group is notorious for dealing with candidates in that manner. She stated I would hear back, either way, within 10 days. I followed up the interview with a "Thank You" note to the deparment manager. Four weeks later, I've still not heard back.

Interview Questions

• If you had to deal with opposing demands from several different internal customers, how would you handle it?   1 Answer