Bellevue College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Bellevue College Interview Questions

Interviews at Bellevue College

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bellevue College (Bellevue, WA) in November 2012.

Interview

3 Step process:
    1. Email Questions that need to be responded by a particular date.
    2. In person interview with 4 people panel. Usually 2 Hours. Not that hard.
    3. In person interview with hiring manager.

Staff Position Interview

Interview

Only accept online applications; HR screen; Committee members review; interview; Final interview

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bellevue College (Bellevue, WA) in February 2011.

Interview

very simple and customer related interview process. two managers had interviewed me and it was an on the go type interview, meaning there were people in line to get interviews. interview took approx 5 minutes and was very short and simple. just basic questions and simple answers.

Interview Questions

• why should we hire you
      what do you know about this company
      strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bellevue College (Bellevue, WA) in March 2010.

Interview

Very long, more than 3 months. When selected, the HR VP and the Instruction Coordinator set up an interview. The candidate must prove his/her skills, every details on the resume is verified.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, they go by WA state community college salaries.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bellevue College.

Interview

Apply Online through NeoGov
    Will be called for interview with HR after about 2 weeks
    Then 2nd interview with department manager
    No drug test or background check will be required
    You will need to attend orientation with HR dept

Interview Questions

• Have you work with student before? If yes, please tell me your experience with it.   Answer Question

Student Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bellevue College (Bellevue, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was relatively straight forward. There were several personal questions like "Describe yourself" or "what is your greatest weakness?". They also had a few scenario questions regarding student privacy and FERPA. The interview itself is about an hour long with you sitting on one side of the table and four to five employees sitting on the other side.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Front Desk Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bellevue College (Bellevue, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview with panel of Program Coordinator, Student Government Rep., and current Desk Lead.
    Asked questions about previous customer service and given scenarios, general questions about skills
    Questioned about resume and previous experience
    Asked about familiarity with Bellevue College Student Programs (important!)

Program Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bellevue College.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. First was with a panel of three, and the second was with the head of the department. Was offered the position at Bellevue College.
    However, they lowballed me on the offer, offering less than my requirements and less than what I currently make. They offered me the lower range of the stated budget, and yet they were TOTALLY unwilling to negotiate even a little bit. I was basically told, "this is the budget for this position. Accept it or we'll move on".
    I believe Bellevue College puts higher salary ranges on their online application and then actually offers a lower salary when the time comes. I would suggest being upfront with your requirements (and their honest budget for the position) or staying away all together. They obviously don't value their employees.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with people over email, on the phone, and in-person?   Answer Question

Continuing Education Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bellevue College (Bellevue, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

I have submitted an online application form along with my resume and two letters of recommendation. They have contacted me via email within a few weeks (I was applying for the Fall quarter at the end of Spring). Since I was traveling at the time, we have scheduled a one on one interview in late August. The interview lasted about an hour. We talked about my education, professional, and teaching background; the courses I am planning to offer (curriculum, potential audience, outcome etc.). After I have passed the interview the process was speedy and easy. I had a time to review the contract, salary, and benefits. I also had to attend a mandatory teacher training at no cost. I began teaching my first class within a few weeks after the initial interview. My two bosses have been nice & supportive throughout the hiring process and employment. I enjoy working with them.

Interview Questions

• My experience and why am I interested in working for them. Who is the audience for my classes, what's the format, what will be the outcome.   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bellevue College (Bellevue, WA) in February 2013.

Interview

You will have get a from academic center. The form will require to write down the class you want to tutor, your grade in that class in that class (has to be B+ or above), and a signature from your lecturer of that class. It is ok to teach more than one subject.
    The hiring person will send you an email for interview in her office.