Beloit College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Beloit College Interview Questions

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Beloit College

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Beloit College.

Interview

I emailed my CV to the department along with an email cover letter, and was interviewed by the head of the department via phone. He asked me some basic questions about my teaching philosophy and availability, and that was it. I was surprised I wasn't asked to teach a trial lesson or demonstrate performance proficiency, as is the norm and most schools, but Beloit doesn't have a serious music major so that may be why.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked anything unexpected or difficult. The "hardest" question, if I recall correctly, was about dealing with a difficult student or someone who doesn't practice.   Answer Question

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Beloit College.

Interview

Two Two-on-One interviews with current RAs, a one-on-one with the Reslife Director, and a group process with other candidates. The group activity sometimes involves role-playing, but can also approach questions of student culture and group processing skills.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an RA? How do you navigate conflict?   Answer Question

IT Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beloit, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Beloit College (Beloit, WI) in September 2013.

Interview

I simply went to the IT office and got an application, filled it out, and turned it in. Soon after I was in contact with the IT manager and he wanted to set up an interview for the following week. During the interview there were three individuals who were a part of the department and they asked basic questions about the type of person I was, why I wanted to be a part of IT, and what sort of background did I have. It was a fairly short interview of around half an hour and then I was told that I was hired at the end of the interview and I could start immediately.

Interview Questions

• What sort of background do you have in relation to IT work?   Answer Question