Bentley University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bentley University

2.4

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Bentley University (Waltham, MA).

Interview

After a 5 minute talk with HR over the phone, had a 3 hour long interview on campus. Met with a few different staff members and discussed experience, goals of department, mutual connections, etc. The interview seemed to go pretty well, in my opinion, but I didn't get my hopes up because I'm sure they had very qualified candidates.

Glad I wasn't holding my breath. It's been close to five months since I applied and the online portal has changed from "Finalist" to "Hold B" to "In Progress" back and forth about a dozen times now, no rhyme or reason, no closure and no explanation of what each status actually means. Nobody has reached out to me and, worse, all have continued to ignore my requests for any kind of status update.

I've clearly moved on after this amount of time and have accepted a job elsewhere, but felt the need to express my disappointment and, frankly, my complete shock at how the hiring process at Bentley was handled. It's a pity because I enjoyed the team and could have seen myself working there, but after this whole mess I don't think it would ever be a good fit. I generally expect my teammates and colleagues to be responsive and respectful, even if a clear answer isn't available. Bad first impressions tend to stick.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my experience and how it applies to their job/mission. Nothing "out there" or unexpected, fairly easy/standard interview.   Answer Question

Assistant Director of Admission Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bentley University.

Interview

Applied online in February - two weeks later received an email to set up a phone interview with HR for the following week.
    A few days after the phone interview I received an email from HR with an invitation to campus. I came to campus about two weeks later and met with two senior staff members.
    A few days after that I received a invitation to come to campus a second time for the final round. About two weeks later I had a final interview with the director, then met with the person who would be my supervisor, followed by a student lead tour, and then a final meeting with HR to discuss salary, starting date, benefits, and timeline for hearing back.

I was told I would hear back within two weeks, at the very latest, either way. The HR rep was very insistent that I would hear from her, personally, with news on what was happening.
    About two weeks had passed and I had emailed the HR rep to see if there was any update. After about a week of no response, I called and left a voice message and I sent one last follow up email which was not returned. A few days later I emailed the woman that would have served as my direct supervisor, as she had given me her business card during the interview and told me to reach out with any questions at all. A week later I heard back from her as she was out of the office traveling for work - she insisted that it should not be much longer, and asked if I was able to "hold on", as decisions should be finalized by the end of the week, at the latest.
    The end of the week came and went with no word from anyone. About a week and a half later, I sent an email to the director, who also gave me her contact information, asking if their was any update on final decisions. She responded almost immediately with a very friendly greeting stating "That position has already been filled by an alumni, I am so sorry that no one ever informed you of that!".

Overall, this was the worst interview experience I have ever had. I have never heard of a finalist not hearing back. It was very challenging having to ask other institutions I was receiving offers from at the same time for more time, to only not ever hear back from Bentley. My issue lies with HR, as I was told I would hear directly from them (all offers come from HR at Bentley), and never heard a word from them after 3 contact attempts. As a 1st round candidate, I could understand, but as a finalist who had just spent 6 hours on campus, this is unacceptable and flat out rude and unprofessional.

Admissions Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bentley University.

Interview

Completed two phone screens with the same recruiter which covered the same questions and information on both calls. Recruiter was dismissive of professional history because my experience apparently was from an inferior school. I was never followed up with after two phone calls. Needless to say, I wasn’t interested in moving forward anyways.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

Got an email about an interview for teaching assistant. Emailed back immediately, never hear back. Emailed again within a week. No reply. Later found out they already hired someone. It's kind of funny because here at Bentley they teach you that a good employer will always get back to you.

Interview Questions

• Please let us know when you are available for an interview.   Answer Question

Help Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bentley University.

Interview

One Interview

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bentley University (Waltham, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

It took about 3 months in total from initial reach out to starting in my new role. I met with a team of people; the final interview day was about 5 hours.

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bentley University (Waltham, MA) in February 2008.

Interview

I met with the supervisor and we talked about my qualifications, interests, and hobbies. They seemed to match what she was looking for in being apart of the team.

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Department Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bentley University (Waltham, MA) in January 2010.

Interview

They test your knowledge or current events and the effect on the capital markets.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bentley University (Waltham, MA).

Interview

There was an initial screening over the phone which was not difficult. A week later, they invited me on-campus for one-on-one interviews; I was there for about two hours. Everything went well and they asked me to return for a second visit to meet with students, have a group interview with potential colleagues, and to offer a formal presentation. Everyone was very pleasant, very professional.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all standard interview questions, nothing difficult or out of left field.   Answer Question

Financial Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bentley University (Waltham, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

Very fast process. I was introduced to the opportunity by an employment agency recruiter. They wanted somebody available right away. So, I got an offer next morning. Very comfortable atmosphere during interview. Great interviewers. It was before Christmas, the office was all decorated, it gave me a feeling like at home. I could relax, wasn't nervous and talked with my interviewers like with people whom I've know for a long time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Higher Education industry?   1 Answer