Bentley University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bentley University Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

2.4

Assistant Director of Admission Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bentley University.

Interview

Applied online in February - two weeks later received an email to set up a phone interview with HR for the following week.
    A few days after the phone interview I received an email from HR with an invitation to campus. I came to campus about two weeks later and met with two senior staff members.
    A few days after that I received a invitation to come to campus a second time for the final round. About two weeks later I had a final interview with the director, then met with the person who would be my supervisor, followed by a student lead tour, and then a final meeting with HR to discuss salary, starting date, benefits, and timeline for hearing back.

I was told I would hear back within two weeks, at the very latest, either way. The HR rep was very insistent that I would hear from her, personally, with news on what was happening.
    About two weeks had passed and I had emailed the HR rep to see if there was any update. After about a week of no response, I called and left a voice message and I sent one last follow up email which was not returned. A few days later I emailed the woman that would have served as my direct supervisor, as she had given me her business card during the interview and told me to reach out with any questions at all. A week later I heard back from her as she was out of the office traveling for work - she insisted that it should not be much longer, and asked if I was able to "hold on", as decisions should be finalized by the end of the week, at the latest.
    The end of the week came and went with no word from anyone. About a week and a half later, I sent an email to the director, who also gave me her contact information, asking if their was any update on final decisions. She responded almost immediately with a very friendly greeting stating "That position has already been filled by an alumni, I am so sorry that no one ever informed you of that!".

Overall, this was the worst interview experience I have ever had. I have never heard of a finalist not hearing back. It was very challenging having to ask other institutions I was receiving offers from at the same time for more time, to only not ever hear back from Bentley. My issue lies with HR, as I was told I would hear directly from them (all offers come from HR at Bentley), and never heard a word from them after 3 contact attempts. As a 1st round candidate, I could understand, but as a finalist who had just spent 6 hours on campus, this is unacceptable and flat out rude and unprofessional.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Bentley University (Waltham, MA).

Interview

After a 5 minute talk with HR over the phone, had a 3 hour long interview on campus. Met with a few different staff members and discussed experience, goals of department, mutual connections, etc. The interview seemed to go pretty well, in my opinion, but I didn't get my hopes up because I'm sure they had very qualified candidates.

Glad I wasn't holding my breath. It's been close to five months since I applied and the online portal has changed from "Finalist" to "Hold B" to "In Progress" back and forth about a dozen times now, no rhyme or reason, no closure and no explanation of what each status actually means. Nobody has reached out to me and, worse, all have continued to ignore my requests for any kind of status update.

I've clearly moved on after this amount of time and have accepted a job elsewhere, but felt the need to express my disappointment and, frankly, my complete shock at how the hiring process at Bentley was handled. It's a pity because I enjoyed the team and could have seen myself working there, but after this whole mess I don't think it would ever be a good fit. I generally expect my teammates and colleagues to be responsive and respectful, even if a clear answer isn't available. Bad first impressions tend to stick.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my experience and how it applies to their job/mission. Nothing "out there" or unexpected, fairly easy/standard interview.   Answer Question

DA At UXC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bentley University (Waltham, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very casual atmosphere. The interviewer is really smooth and no stressful at all. Basically you were asked to share your experience in the past and what you expect in the future, especially at UXC.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bentley University in November 2015.

Interview

Easy interview. They asked 8 questions. The interview lasted 15-30 min. The interviewer are the Resident director and a current Resident assistant. They are really good people, do not be scared. Be on time, dress appropriately, and be confident. First 5 mins is about yourself. For example, where are you from, etc.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bentley University (Waltham, MA).

Interview

There was an initial screening over the phone which was not difficult. A week later, they invited me on-campus for one-on-one interviews; I was there for about two hours. Everything went well and they asked me to return for a second visit to meet with students, have a group interview with potential colleagues, and to offer a formal presentation. Everyone was very pleasant, very professional.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all standard interview questions, nothing difficult or out of left field.   Answer Question

Financial Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bentley University (Waltham, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

Very fast process. I was introduced to the opportunity by an employment agency recruiter. They wanted somebody available right away. So, I got an offer next morning. Very comfortable atmosphere during interview. Great interviewers. It was before Christmas, the office was all decorated, it gave me a feeling like at home. I could relax, wasn't nervous and talked with my interviewers like with people whom I've know for a long time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Higher Education industry?   1 Answer

Help Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bentley University.

Interview

One Interview

Help Desk/Computer Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bentley University (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Cucchi, Suzanne (Admin. & Technical Coordinator) contacted me to interview with Fred Bachofner, The Manager of the Help Desk and Computing Services.

I spoke to Fred in the interviewed and he informed he wanted to hire a person who would take a pay cut as the position would only pay about $18 Hourly. He Asked me a few IT related questions, which I answered correctly. ( I have about 10 yrs in the IT industry). After the interview process ended (20 minutes) he mentioned he would notified me the next week of the next step.

I waited the 1 week and not response back from Fred. I email him the next week and still no response. By this time all the high hopes I had being part of this institution were fading away as I realized that these folks were not going to get back at me. Weeks later I review their website portal and the position was still available but I could not apply again since I already had been interview. This position was open for weeks/months - until.

3 months later I received an email notifying me that the position was filled.

I personally think that i should've been at least notified immediately that I did not qualified for this position if they had determined that my 10yrs strong background did not meed their needs.

Bentley University has poor ethical morals for folks looking for a job. they have no respect for people actively seeking employment opportunities and cannot be trusted as a responsible institution due to the fact that they lack commonsense, common cortesy and and deeply self-centered in making more money and reducing cost by paying the least amount of wages as possible.

I used to view this institution as credible but now a-days they are a pathetic, commercial dollar store enterprise without common courtesy.

Interview Questions

• we are paying around 15-18 hourly - how do you feel about taking a pay decrease ??   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bentley University (Waltham, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

It took about 3 months in total from initial reach out to starting in my new role. I met with a team of people; the final interview day was about 5 hours.

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bentley University in January 2012.

Interview

I applied online and it was through the university website. All the guidelines were on the Bentley University website. I was put on the waitlist then the year after I was chosen to be a RA.

Interview Questions

• If you were a superhero, who would you want to be and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.