Berkeley College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Berkeley College Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Berkeley College.

Interview

I applied and was recommended by a Director to the Director of Admissions. I applied and got the recommendation the same. I got a call the same day by the director of that department asking a couple of questions and sent me an assessment. I had only 3 days to take the test since they were hiring quickly. I got a call to schedule a phone interview for the next day. Did the phone interview and was invited to interview face to face with another director the next day. The interview didn't feel like an interview it was more like having a conversations and the questions weren't as hard questions. The questions were not tricky at all. Just more like getting to know you and if you match the requirements in personality and skills. It helped a lot that I'm a Berkeley College Alumni as well so I have great knowledge on the college. The interview took an hour. Got an offer the same day that after noon!

Interview Questions

• Give me three reasons why a student should go to Berkeley College   1 Answer
    • Why did you pick to further your education at Berkeley College?   1 Answer
    • It was more like go with the flow questions that applied to our coversation   Answer Question

Student Accounts Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Berkeley College (Paramus, NJ).

Interview

Phone screening, folllowed by 30 minute interview. Basic interview. Had to do a lot of the talking and question asking, but it was a pleasant experience and good atmosphere. Was interviewed by 2 people.

Interview Questions

• Future goals? Strengths and weaknesses? Are you a multitasker/team player?   Answer Question

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Berkeley College (Newark, NJ).

Interview

I was contacted to schedule a phone interview. Another member of their team contacted me and asked me to come for an in-person interview before the date of the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• One question: Why did I want to work as an academic advisor? The next 40 minutes of the interview was spent explaining their hiring and advising department vision. They explained they were onboarding quickly and might not be able to provide finalists with the opportunity to give 2 weeks notice to their employers due to a hard start deadline and the volume of interviews they were conducting before beginning offers. They asked if I had questions. I asked 4, and they thanked me for my time and said they would be in touch. I was confused because it seemed like more of an information session about Berkeley than an interview. I am used to this kind of step occurring by phone before an in-person interview. Just as I was leaving they decided to check in on salary, which was not negotiable and was below market compared to what other schools offer in the metro NY area. I decided not to continue the interview process.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Berkeley College (Paramus, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

the interview first started with an excel test. parts of this test was removing duplicates, lookout, using a given table find the value of the unit and of course all this it has to be done by using formulas in excel. there were eight parts but this were a few that I remember.
    the second part of the interview is with someone who asks you questions.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Berkeley College (Newark, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

The process was easy. I was asked basic questions. We had a great conversation. We began on time. I gave a sample lesson. The interview began as a phone interview. I was called within a week to do a second interview.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Berkeley College (Paramus, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

I was referred to the job by Berkeley college career services. The whole process took about a week from the referral, and three days from the interview to be extended an offer.
    It was a very casual, easy going interview, straight to the point.
    The interview was done by the Dean and the Assistant Dean, but only the Dean asked questions and inquired further regarding my experience and how could I benefit the school and students with my background.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I wanted to work at Berkeley College, and how was my prior experience related to the job. Another thing they asked, was how could I resolve a student issue and how I would handle conflict. They also asked me how soon could I start working if an offer was made.   Answer Question

Student Accounts Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Berkeley College (Clifton, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Conference room setting. Sat with associate director (who did not speak) and one other person who did not reveal her title. The interview was relatively quick. They had a list of generic questions from online and then opened the floor for me to talk. They were super friendly but it was hard to gauge what they wanted from a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather miss a deadline and deliver perfect work OR hand in mediocre work on time?   Answer Question
    • Ideally, where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Describe in detail to us something that may seem complicated to others that you can do with your eyes closed (like a tutorial)   Answer Question

Adjuct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley College (Woodland Park, NJ).

Interview

Was contacted about a week or so after applying through the college website by a very nice woman. She emailed me and asked me to come in for an interview at the Woodland Park location. She was very friendly and gave me a tour of the campus, which was 2 buildings because construction was still being done on the 3rd building.

The interview lasted about an hour and was very casual and more discussion based rather than bombarding me with questions. I was offered the position and would have loved to accept it, but they only offered me one class a week which turned out to be $200 weekly. Economically, it didn't make sense for me because I would have needed to work full-time on top of that and the class was only offered twice a week during the middle of the day.

Interview Questions

• Is $50/ hour good for you? Because it is a deal breaker for many people...   Answer Question

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berkeley College (New York, NY).

Interview

Mercer exam required, More of who you know rather than what you know, Interview is quick- they want to know that you can sell...Meet with two Directors of Admission and one Associate Vice President

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none- they offered what they offered.

Student Accounts Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berkeley College (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview with COO and Director of Student Accounts. They each ask you questions. Then the Director gives you a tour of the Student Accounts Department. After that they told me that they will give me a call because they are interviewing others candidates.

Interview Questions

• They ask if you're; customer services oriented, flexible with hours, how do you deal with students, tell me about yourself, How do you handle a difficult situation or student or parent   1 Answer