Berkowitz Pollack Brant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Berkowitz Pollack Brant

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Berkowitz Pollack Brant (Miami, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I interviewed on Campus. I had the pleasure of interviewing with Mr. Berkowitz. He is kind and makes you feel comfortable. The staff was helpful and made the interview process easy to understand. I also visited their office in an onsite tour with Beta and it was a great visit. The staff was welcoming and they made the visit fun.

Rotational Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Berkowitz Pollack Brant.

Interview

My first interview was on campus with the CEO, Richard Berkowitz. He was honestly the easiest person I've ever interviewed with since he is so kind and personable. Then, there was an event at their offices where I had to interview with a manager and a director. The manager was also a lovely person, however, the director was much harder to connect with.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Berkowitz Pollack Brant (Miami, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview can be quite a challenge with the CEO, Richard Berkowitz, but overall is good to practice and learn about the culture of the firm. The process starts with an interview on campus; then an office visit which 3 persons interview you (2 partners and 1 manager in my case); and finally a discussion with the CEO where you have to present yourself and answer 1 out of 3 questions that he asks.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Berkowitz Pollack Brant (Miami, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Campus interview plus office interviews. Day long process where you come in the morning and first meet everyone in the firm. You have the opportunity to speak to other young professionals in the firm before you actually start interviewing with partners. Then you go and speak to four different partners for about half and hour. Then you go out to lunch and speak to other firm members. And then the interview process is over.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Berkowitz Pollack Brant (Miami, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

Structured and polished. All interviewers made a great impression of the firm and themselves, and made me feel extremely comfortable by really trying to get to know me and my personality. They really try to find a good mutual fit for the candidate and the firm. I was also able to interview with firm members from all types of backgrounds (those who came from a big 4 firm to those who started there career there).The firm takes all candidates to a banquet style lunch and gives a presentation on the culture, history, and different parts of the firm (tax, audit, litigation, wealth advisory, and real estate).

Interview Questions

• What prior work experience do you feel has taught you the most or has left a positive impact on you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Berkowitz Pollack Brant in January 2012.

Interview

Very long extensive process. disqualifies people based on comparison of transcript grades

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Berkowitz Pollack Brant (Miami, FL) in February 2009.

Interview

Went through rotational internship program, did well and was actively recruited by BDPB for months thereafter.

As far as interviewing for the rotational program:
    1. Did on campus interview with a partner, did very well. Basic personl questions, one I remember most was "List three people who inspire you and why?"
    2. Was invited for on-site interview, wasn't so much an interview process as it was learning more about the firm and different roles.
    3. If you were invited for on-site, it pretty much meant you were selected for the program.
    4. After leaving the office that day, I was mailed an offer from Mr. Berkowitz himself that I had 5 days to decide on. Accepted.

Interview Questions

• 1. Biggest weakness, and how do you address it in your daily life?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They did not leave much room for negotiation. However, salary was at least $4,000 higher than Big 4 offered, they pay overtime, have nice perks, and also gave year end bonuses and what not.

Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Berkowitz Pollack Brant in September 2009.

Interview

The interview was lengthy and included interviewing everyone in the department that may work with you, from the director level down.