Berkshire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Berkshire Interview Questions

Interviews at Berkshire

Portfolio Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Berkshire.

Interview

The hiring process was a bit longer than anticipated but that happens often as teams need to work around vacation schedules and such during summer months. Three rounds were conducted, with an increasing seniority of staff that I would meet with at each progressive stage.

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Georgetown, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Berkshire (Georgetown, TX) in February 2020.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter on property that was scouting for potential hires. The interview was scheduled for FaceTime and based on an upcoming property acquisition that was not complete. The recruiter was rushed. I was informed from the very beginning that I was her tenth interview that day and she was on a strict time schedule.

During the interview she was on a head seat and the connection was dropped several times. The recruiter seemed irritated that I could not hear her question or that I had to repeat my answers. She was condescending several times during the interview. This company has high reviews and I was very surprised at the negative tone of the interview and the lack of respect given.

The interviewer shared details of the upcoming property acquisition that was surprising to me. Yet, she was very unclear on possible start dates within even a thirty day period. I never heard back from the interview until reapplying and being declined for an interview when the job was reposted. Bad form.

Interview Questions

• What do you think your responsibilities would entail as part of this job?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been involved with debt collection?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berkshire (Boston, MA) in August 2019.

Interview

Initially, I had a brief phone interview with the corporate recruiter. After that, I went in for my first round of interviews with the team I would be working with.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berkshire (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process is a 3 interview process, with 3 different people within Berkshire. The property manager at that location, the regional for that location and then a member of HR.

2 in person interviews and one video interview.

Interview Questions

• How I knew I could handle working with residents who may sometimes get upset for means beyond our control, with no experience.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Snoqualmie, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Berkshire (Snoqualmie, WA) in November 2018.

Interview

Submit application, telephonic interview, in person second process of interview and then usually a company either makes the offer or you may hear back from them via telephone or an email with the completion process or a letter of rejection. This varies from company to company and property to property in most managed properties.

Interview Questions

• Asked about availability, salary, work life balance, skills, customer service skills with people. Difficult situations in the workplace, training and certificates, education. Length of time on present job and the next steps in moving forward.   1 Answer

Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Berkshire (Grapevine, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Friendly, and they want to know who you are as a person so they can assess you into their culture which I respect. We had it in a conference room for the first and in an office for the second.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do in your free time.   5 Answers

Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berkshire in September 2017.

Interview

I had a total of 3 interviews. My first interview was with HR. Her ultimate goal was to determine if I fit the Berkshire Culture and if my goals aligned with what the company was looking for. My second interview was with the Regional Manager, she wanted to make sure I would fit the property that I was applying for and that I would be able to handle any situation the Berkshire way. My final interview was with the Vice President. We not only spoke about the property and Berkshire but also who I am as a person. All three interviewers were so nice and upfront about what they were looking for. The first interview took about 40 minutes and the other two took a little over an hour.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever dealt with a difficult resident and how did I handle the situation?   1 Answer

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berkshire (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was delightful. Usually interviews are nerve wrecking. The companies culture really shines through. The Regional Manager helped by making the interview feel more like a conversation than an interview.

Sales and Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berkshire (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I went through 3 different interviews. All very positive and challenging. The first interview was with the 2 PM's and then I had a phone interview and lastly I met with the RM and PM to be asked more situational questions. It was a great interview and I feel it prepared me for other interviews in the future.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Berkshire (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Fast and easy: took online personality test, had phone interview and the 1st and 2nd interviews were done at same time. One week for background to clear and I started soon there after.