BerlinRosen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at BerlinRosen

1. Featured Interview

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BerlinRosen (New York, NY) in May 2019.

Interview

I thoroughly enjoyed my interview process with BerlinRosen. My point of contact, a Manager of People Operations at BR, was extremely helpful and shepherded me through the whole process. Further, I greatly enjoyed interviewing with their team members (in the Tech Practice), all of whom I found delightful, highly intelligent, and full of good humor.

Here were the steps involved in my interview process.

1. A phone screening with their in-house talent person to assess whether I might be a fit.
    2. A writing assignment with a 48-hour turnaround.
    3. An in-person interview with a panel of three people (1 hour)
    4. A second in-person interview with two other folks (1 hour)

Interview Questions

• - Tell us about your professional background / why you're interested in joining BerlinRosen?
      - What aspect of PR do you enjoy the most / do you consider yourself best at?
      - Tell us about a time when you resolved a client issue.
      - What are you looking for in your next role, and how do you think BerlinRosen can help you achieve it/those things?   Answer Question

Oct 3, 2019 – People Operations Consultant

Thank you for your feedback. If you have any additional thoughts, feel free to email us at talent@berlinrosen.com. We hope you keep in touch!

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BerlinRosen.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and I was invited to an interview at their NY office within a few days. I was interviewed by two financial managers (one was late). The questions were about my current experience and how I do my job. Also some situational questions.

Both interviewers seemed pretty nice and I had a positive connection with them. I thought I would hear from them because the interview went well.

I sent a thank you note the next day but I never received a response at all. I tried a second time to see if I would get some feedback but it seems they disappeared from the map.

I understand they might go with a different candidate but at least an email would be professional. My opinion of this company totally changed after being treated like my time was not important.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer/client/boss?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BerlinRosen (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and after a month was asked to come in for an interview. The interview itself was straightforward, mostly asking about previous experience and why I wanted to work at BR.

I didn't hear back for another month with an offer.

VP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BerlinRosen.

Interview

After applying, I received an email from an HR rep scheduling a phone screen. After that, a writing assessment that took 90 minutes. Then, a one-on-one interview was scheduled. I'd be told I'd hear more in the next few weeks, and within that time heard that they were moving forward with another candidate. HR was extremely communicative the entire time, and it was about as enjoyable a process as a job application can be.

Interview Questions

Interview

There was a writing test and then an in-person interview with a few employers who had different titles. Quick process. They made an effort to understand what type of clients I would be interested in, which was a good sign.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BerlinRosen (New York, NY) in September 2019.

Interview

It was a very structured process. First there was a brief screening call, followed by a timed writing test (done remotely). Next, I was invited to come in for an interview with the team's two hiring managers. The next round was a remote Google hangouts interview with the rest of the team. The final round was a reference check, where they contacted two of the four references I provided.

Interview Questions

• How do you get your news? What are some journalists/outlets you like?   Answer Question

Public Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BerlinRosen (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online, received an invitation to complete a writing test the next week almost automatically. I did the writing test (write a mock press release) but didn't hear back from anyone for about 3 weeks. 3 weeks later I hear back and am invited to interview in their NYC offices. I travel all the way down there and am greeted by unfriendly interviewers. The second I walked in the door to the conference room, before I even said hello, I felt unwelcome and like they didn't care about the interview. This was very frustrating as I had pulled a lot of strings together to travel to NY last minute for the interview. I thought I did well in the interview but this disinterested vibe I got from the interviewers left me with a funny feeling. Was told I would hear back in 1-2 week, I emailed after 1.5 weeks to check the status of my application and never heard back. I was really really surprised not to even hear a cordial "no". Found it very unprofessional and was not impressed by the process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your news?   1 Answer

Oct 3, 2019 – People Operations Consultant

Thank you for sharing this feedback for us. We absolutely understand that making accommodations to interviews can be difficult so we appreciate you taking the time to meet with us in person. We will definitely take this feedback to the team. This is also valuable information as we’re working to train and re-train all of our interviewers on best practices to ensure our candidates have a positive experience, regardless of the outcome. If you have any additional insight to share, you can reach us at talent@berlinrosen.com.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BerlinRosen (Washington, DC).

Interview

Lollll the hiring manager verbatim said “I know you may have read some things on Glassdoor about us not responding to writing tests, but we’re revamping and that definitely won’t happen this time”....and guess what happened.
    Same as everyone else’s experience: initial phone screen, was offered a writing test, submitted and never heard back.

Interview Questions

BerlinRosen Response

Oct 3, 2019 – People Operations Consultant

Thank you for letting us know about this lapse in our process. We’ll take this feedback to the team to ensure our candidates are receiving timely communications. If you have any other feedback to share, please reach out at talent@berlinrosen.com.

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BerlinRosen (New York, NY) in July 2019.

Interview

First was a timed, two-hour writing assessment. After that was a phone interview with the People Operations team. Following that was an interview with people of various levels who were on the team for which I was interviewing for, followed by a third interview with two VPs/Senior VPs. The final fourth interview was an in-person meeting with a top member of leadership.

Interview Questions

• -Describe a communications plan for a campaign you worked on.
      -What three words would your former supervisor(s) use to describe you?
      -How do you manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment?
      -Describe your experience managing both up and down.   Answer Question

Oct 3, 2019 – People Operations Consultant

Thank you for sharing your experience with our larger community! If you would like to share any direct feedback with the team, feel free to reach us at talent@berlinrosen.com.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BerlinRosen (New York, NY) in July 2019.

Interview

I prepared way more than was ever required of the interview. Unfortunately, the phone call lasted for 15 minutes or so, but once it was clear to the person that I wasn’t the right fit, they “paused” that part and asked me if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

BerlinRosen Response

Oct 3, 2019 – People Operations Consultant

Thank you for sharing this information. Please let us know if you have any other feedback to share regarding your phone interview by emailing us at talent@berlinrosen.com.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BerlinRosen (New York, NY) in June 2019.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted to complete a writing test. A week after I was requested for a short phone interview. Contact was then unresponsive for 2 weeks before finally sending me a rejection email. Overall average process, but just a bit strange that I was offered the possibility for an internship with the "possibility" of an offer after 6 months- a bit exploitative and somewhat unrelated to my application process given my extensive internship experience in the field and a college degree.

Interview Questions

BerlinRosen Response

Oct 3, 2019 – People Operations Consultant

Thank you for sharing this feedback. We’re working to make our process more transparent and be more communicative (minimum of a weekly touch point) to set expectations and keep our candidates in the loop. If you have anything else to share about your experience, feel free to reach us at talent@berlinrosen.com.