Best Friends Pet Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Best Friends Pet Care

2.0

Pet Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Friends Pet Care (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Quick and easy first interview process ask all the questions I had plus gave me a brief overview of the company what they offer also what they were looking for pretty fair for grooming positions

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Friends Pet Care (Kissimmee, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Great communication, very friendly, would love to work with them, they gave me a tour and then proceeded with a group interview. I received a call back within a week and was happy to hear the results. This sounds like a fun envoi rent and you get to work with pets. Yay!

Site Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sudbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Friends Pet Care (Sudbury, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

very friendly, although I'm not sure I would be getting the job. I was definitely overdressed, dress code I'd tee shirts and either jeans or khakis. As a very large indoor boarding kennel, there was a walk through, and the place was very clean for what it was.

Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Friends Pet Care.

Interview

Walked in to get an application to fill out and was called back in for an interview less than a week later. At interview, was asked if i had any experience caring for dogs in my past, which i had. the also asked about my availability to work mornings, weekends and holidays.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the passing of one of the pet guests during their stay at the Inn?   Answer Question

Kennel Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Friends Pet Care (Durham, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

Quick, easy and i loved the manager (Heather). Known her for a while before starting. Very happy person and outgoing. worked with the staff in the back as well in the front.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Friends Pet Care (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Was a group interview, except they showed all (about 15 of us) around and then individually interviewed us. I waited three hours to be interviewed only for them to tell me that they couldn't consider me because of my appearance. Why they made me wait the whole 3 hours and waste my time? I don't know, wasn't hiding any of my work, no reason they couldn't say something sooner and save me the trouble.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to change appearance and sacrifice individuality? (This was what I was actually asked)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Friends Pet Care (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

Ran pretty smoothly because I made an appointment. I was certainly qualified for the position but had to accept the low wages due to my personal situation. I thoroughly enjoyed the extended tour of the facilities and grounds. The actual interview/ negotiation leg of the process took place in the cattery.

Interview Questions

• Willing to work holidays and weekends?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chestnut Ridge, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Friends Pet Care (Chestnut Ridge, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

I went in to the store and picked up an application. I dropped it off. I was called for an interview a couple days later. The interviewer was very nice and asked me basic questions about my experience. The most important thing she asked was if i could work on weekends and holidays (because that is when they are the busiest)

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working with animals other than your own?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Friends Pet Care (Orlando, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Great interview and very informative. Professional and courteous as well as accommodating . Beautiful facility . Discussed pros and cons as well as opportunities. Went over compensation and benefits as well as training . Discussed expectations.

Animal Care Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Friends Pet Care.

Interview

I was looking for a part-time job to make some extra income. I figured that caring for animals would be an enjoyable experience, so I decided to give it a shot.

I submitted a resume and heard back from the manager a few days later. I was pleased by how quickly I received a response. The following week, I met up with the manager for a face-to-face interview.

The interview process itself was a breeze, and the manager was very accommodating and patient with me. I was also given a brief tour of the facilities.

The manager phoned me later in the week and offered me the job. I asked what the hourly pay would be and was disappointed to find out that it was too low for me to accept. I had no choice but to politely decline.

I love animals and can handle even the dirty and less pleasant tasks. However, the amount of responsibility and physical labor for such low pay dissuaded me from accepting the position.