Best Version Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Best Version Media

1.9

1. Featured Interview

Publisher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Version Media (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in July 2019.

Interview

I applied online through a job board. I was called to confirm I was interested in and an interview and was scheduled for an interview with the area Manager the next morning. I received an email to confirm our interview and my contacts information. The manager called on time, and the interview lasted an hour, and we discussed thoroughly all aspects of the Positions available, what would be the best fit for myself and the company. Roles and responsibilities, commission schedule, training, and all my questions were answered.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to have a plan for income in place as it might be 3 months before any commissions are realized?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable with cold calling, B2B, and understand that rejection is not towards you, but that the product or timing is not the right fit for the client.   1 Answer

Jul 12, 2019 – Media Relations

Thank you for the feedback!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Version Media (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2020.

Interview

Applied on zip recruiter and they replied very quickly. They texted me to respond to text but took awhile in responding. They also sent me the wrong introduction video for a different position which provided some confusion. Interviewer was nice though.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Associate Publisher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Version Media (Long Beach, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

Quick and easy. There are 2 parts, the first was just going into detail about to position, the second part was just a follow up and job offer. Easiest interview I’ve ever had.

Interview Questions

Best Version Media Response

Apr 6, 2020 – Media Relations

Thank you for your interview feedback!

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Version Media (Tampa, FL) in February 2020.

Interview

It was quick and thorough, answered all my questions, wasn't rushed at all. She explained in detail how everything worked and so I don't see any reason for any surprises. Then said I would speak with the 2nd perso in charge of the interviewing process tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• If my future goals seemed inline with theirs.   1 Answer

Apr 6, 2020 – Media Relations

Thanks for the feedback!

Publisher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Version Media in February 2020.

Interview

Two phone interviews on two different days. They were pretty straight forward and informative. Easy and conversational with plenty of info and company history and such. Had to convince or show proof of concept considering the seemingly oversaturation of community magazines

Interview Questions

• Is this something you could see yourself doing?   1 Answer

Editor Interview

Interview

It was a phone call with another leader from another magazine. They talked about what they did and what role I would play. It was then another phone call with someone in my region to discuss potential options on cities to work in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Version Media (Bowling Green, KY) in December 2019.

Interview

I submitted my application and was quickly called back for a phone interview that was informative. However, the hiring manager I spoke with was rude and turned my idea of the company more negatively than how I started with the company.

Interview Questions

• What is something that we should know about you that I cannot already see from your application?   Answer Question

Jan 7, 2020 – Media Relations

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you experienced during the interview process. We value your feedback and will use it to make improvements moving forward.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Version Media (Grand Rapids, MI) in December 2019.

Interview

2 informative interviews.First one forty minutes,second one twenty minutes. A great interview to establish if I had a passion for this position. Two different gentlemen interviewed me with about one week between interviews.

Interview Questions

• do I want to br part of this wonderful culture   1 Answer

Associate Publisher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Version Media.

Interview

The company posted the job online and when I applied for it they scheduled a phone interview. The person explained the business format, the company's culture and was very nice and gentle.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Version Media (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2019.

Interview

Phone interview with District Manager was inspiring and informational. Followed up with extensive marketing and sponsorship training over 2-3 days at the home office in Wisconsin. Training was conducted by a top sales Vice President along with a personal meeting and presentation by Dave Durand, the CEO.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Version Media (New York, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

very informative enjoyed learning about the opportunity and great company to work for. Company has a lot of great reviews and has a unique way to advertise to maximize the advertising dollars for greater penetration.