Best Version Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Version Media Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2018

1.8

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Version Media in January 2016.

Interview

Through email we scheduled a phone interview for a Friday morning. The appointment time came and went and when I didn't receive a call I sent an email to see what happened. I had applied through a recruitment agency that apparently provided the wrong phone number. However, both my resume and cover letter had my correct number. We rescheduled for Monday morning at 9 am and confirmed both by email and phone to verify they had the correct number. During the confirmation call the representative alluded to the "publisher position" I applied for - which is not the position I applied for. I informed him that I had applied for outside sales and was not interested in starting a magazine on BVM's account as I already have a small business. He said there were opportunities to work for existing publications doing outside sales, which was what I was expecting to interview for. Monday morning came and went and I never received a call, nor an email with any explanation.

Interview Questions

• Did you watch the videos sent in an email after scheduling the phone interview?   1 Answer

Best Version Media Response

Feb 3, 2016 – Director

This review is fake. We are actively working with Glassdoor to remove this “review” because it appears to have been written by, or directed to be written by, a competitor in an effort to falsely... More

Advertising Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Version Media (San Antonio, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from someone at a call center giving me the overview of the job (via script). Basically, you're required to sell $5k a month in ads, each contract is for 12mths at $300 a month, so that's a lot of sales before you start getting paid! I was told to fly to Dallas on my own dime for a week, to meet the Regional Manager/Trainer. After you have your monthly sales quota of $5k, THEN is when they start paying you an 80% of the sales you make. I was told it's a part-time job of about 15-20 hrs a month, but then was also told that you're required to "pound the pavement" making 15-20 field visits a week to actually sell the "ads"... After you also have to hire your own content coordinator and/or editor to compile your "magazine" and you have to pay them yourself too... I was told I can find them at the nearest college, whatever students are studying literature or anything of that nature, would be willing to "work" for me. After 8-10 weeks of "pounding the pavement" is when you'll actually start seeing revenue is what I was told too. Why would I want to work there?? I thought it was a total scam to be honest. The reviews on the site I think were planted by the same company to look good... doesn't seem like a legitimate role.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to hire your own editing personnel to pay them out of pocket?
      Are you willing to make 3-4 field visits a day on your own reconnaissance so you can build your own customer base?   2 Answers

Best Version Media Response

Sep 21, 2015 – Public Relations Manager

This is a FAKE interview posted by a competitor. This FACT known to us because:

-we don't have any of the statistics or programs this person describes.
    -we don't have the contracts he... More

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Version Media.

Interview

I receive an email with two presentation videos introducing the company and the ongoing projects. I was asked to go through the two videos before I call them to schedule a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Some basic question like talk about yourself and what company culture do you like. Mostly they talk about themselves   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Castaic, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Version Media (Castaic, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Arrived to the interview early, and there were numerous applicants before and after me. I ended waiting an hour just to speak with the interviewer. Once I got into the room, the interviewer asked me some very basic qualifying questions (unrelated to the position) before stating that he wanted to conduct a second interview. At this point, I had no desire for the job due to the fact that it involved standing at a table in Wal-Mart or Costco trying to get random people to switch to Direct TV. The wages are essentially minimum wage against commission, so if you don't sell anything your making minimum. They also format their business in a Multi-Level Marketing structure where you get promoted based off of how many people you recruit under you. Horrific business model and a waste of time. Would rather work at Wal-Mart.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable going up to random shoppers and trying to sell them cable?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Version Media in May 2015.

Interview

I spoke with a Publisher about the opening, then was put in touch with the regional manager, and off to training I went. Really the company is looking for a very specific type of person. You have to be self-motivated, a good communicator, and resilient. If you are easily distracted and not willing to put in hard work, it isn't the right job for you, and the regional manager was great at discussing some of the realities.

Interview Questions

• Being able to work without pay for an undisclosed period of time was important, so they asked how comfortable I was with that. They wanted to know how I felt about meeting local business owners, and if I was comfortable working on my own hours without a set schedule.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Version Media in March 2015.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I was scheduled for a telephone conversation. It was friendly and informative. I was given ample opportunity to ask candid questions which were immediately answered. Likewise, I was asked several questions designed to learn whether or not we were up for the challenge. The entire conversation went a long way toward convincing me to seize this opportunity... which we did.

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Version Media (New Haven, CT) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was a phone interview and the people that I spoke to were both professional, friendly and informative. I had three phone interviews, and I also was directed to a website where I've viewed several videos about this opportunity and the company.

Interview Questions

• Are you a good team player? Are you self-motivated? Would you excel in an unlimited earnings potential opportunity?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gloucester, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Version Media (Gloucester, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

Three phone interviews, very positive experience. I interviewed with three different people, and I found each of them pleasant and receptive. The interviews grew longer and more specific from first to third interview. The interviewers did a good job in describing the position, and also e-mailed you two videos to further describe the company and this specific position.

Interview Questions

• Why are you confident you will do well in this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Version Media (Raleigh, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was very simple and fast, and If I understood the position that I was applying for. She gave in-depth detail about the job position. I was asked my previous job experience.

Interview Questions

• If I could work for a commission only job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Festus, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Version Media (Festus, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

QUICK-applied/hired same day. Jessica, the woman that conducted the phone interview, was VERY polite. She was very direct with the expectations of the Company. Basically (in my own words: You will get out what you put in). HARD WORD Doesn't scare, I've been doing that for years; now I have the opportunity to Finally be appropriately compensated for it. We discussed values, among other things; but BVM holds up these Values on a daily bases. It was refreshing to be told you will have as much, or as little support as I NEED....up to and including Direct contact with the CEO. How many companies' can tell you that, BUT Actually mean it? I'm VERY excited to have this opportunity put before me!!!!