Best Version Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sign Up for FREE in seconds to unlock millions of salaries and reviews

Best Version Media Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2018

1.8

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Version Media (San Diego, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

After setting and missing my scheduled calls 3 or 4 times I had the pleasure of talking with Erika for as long as I wanted. She was most helpful and went to great lengths to explain the position of publisher and all that it intells. She was very pleasant and patient and we had a very enjoyable talk about all the aspects of working for BVM. Couldn't have asked for a better or more informative interview. Sure hope I get to be apart of this company and the people who make it a leader in it's field!

Associate Publisher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Version Media (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview is refreshing. They sent videos with the job description and income structure ahead of time. They didn't ask me any silly questions about what my favorite book was or my 5-year plan. Laura was very nice and professional. I enjoyed how they really considered me for my potential not only for what I've done in the past.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Version Media.

Interview

This interview was completely BS. Did not enjoy it whatsoever and they are not an organized company in the slightest. Felt like a scheme from start to finish. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Version Media (San Antonio, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied for a Sales Representative position advertised in two communities near my home. In my initial telephone screening, the "becoming a BVM publisher" program was outlined. As the conversation continued, it became evident that BVM was looking for new publishers in those communities, but in fact the advertised Sales Representative positions were not available. In my view, advertising a Sales position with the intention of finding a new publisher is a deceptive practice. It's disappointing because generally, the BVM reviews are pretty positive. I do recall seeing another Glassdoor review that was very similar to mine.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to sustain your own living costs for approximately 3 months it usually takes to reach your base line? (The base line is the amount of contracted advertising revenue necessary to cover the cost of printing the magazine.)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Version Media (Syracuse, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied on zip recruiter. Was emailed two videos, one explaining the advertisement sold to businesses and the other about the company. I responded that I was interested in hearing more, they scheduled a phone interview the next day. Person was very polite, but was selling me on the opportunity instead of asking me anything about myself. The lowest price point you can offer to a customer is 200 dollars a month and a 12 month commitment. I asked what happens if businesses decide not to pay after a few months? Does the magazine cease production? The answer was no, you would simply sell more ads. But what it that takes several months? You wouldn't be paid for months, all while they collect your ad revenue in the meantime until you sell enough to break even.

Interview Questions

• why did you take this interview if you are so skeptical?   Answer Question

Associate Publisher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Version Media (Remote, OR) in October 2017.

Interview

An email was sent to me to set up a 20 minute phone call. Once that was complete I was passed on for a second phone call with a higher up which was approx 30 mins. After that I spoke with a engle man who specializes in territories and he worked with me to pick the most advantageous one.

Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Version Media (Boise, ID) in October 2017.

Interview

She didn't really ask me many questions about myself. She more just went over what the job would entail and then at the end asked if I was still interested or if I had any questions for her.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Version Media (Tampa, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with regional sales manager. This person was looking to hire a publisher for a particular city. It was a 1099 opportunity and not a full time job. The manager explained I had to sell something like 15 accounts before I "paid" for the magazine to be published and before I earned any commission. It wasn't a good fit for me.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in De Pere, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Version Media (De Pere, WI).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via email about a week later to schedule an in-person interview. The interview took place 3 days after that.

The interview started off with a written exam that mainly gauged your knowledge of magazine design terminology and familiarity with Adobe's design software. After that, the 2 interviewers took turns asking me a series of questions. Some were standard interview questions, others were very technical and required a strong background in the design industry to answer.

I was told I'd hear back within a week, so I waited for their decision. After 5 days I still hadn't heard anything, so I inquired and was simply informed that "BVM wasn't a fit for me."

Interview Questions

• How well do you receive/follow direction? (Over the course of the interview, the interviewer made it clear that all BVM designers must follow a standard format to ensure all magazines look/feel consistent, with little room for creative liberty.)   1 Answer

Publisher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Version Media in July 2017.

Interview

There was a lot of long-winded explanation that was covered previously in the job description video. Not many details were given as far as the policies and daily work within the position. The position almost seemed to be falsely advertised.

Interview Questions

• What professional accomplishment are you most proud of and why?   Answer Question