Better Business Bureaus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Better Business Bureaus Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.2

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Better Business Bureaus.

Interview

I met with the person who would be my direct manager and then she also brought in the operations manager. They were both friendly yet professional. They also told me about what the position entailed so I could make sure it was a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• General questions about myself as well as how I would handle certain situations (angry customer or business).   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

-Apply through university
    -Come in for interview
    -Either offered or denied

**I knew during the interview that I had the job when I was asked about a start date. Really familiarize yourself with projects BBB worked on to impress your interviewer(s)

Standards Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Better Business Bureaus (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I got an email from BBB for a phone interview and they contacted me about a week after I applied. I finished the phone interview with the HR girl, and it lasted about 10 minutes. Generic questions about your customer service experience. Three days later, I got the rejection email.... I don't understand why when I have about two years of customer service experience....

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your customer service experience.   1 Answer

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Wallingford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Better Business Bureaus (East Wallingford, CT).

Interview

The interview process consisted of twenty people sitting in a board room.with the hiring Manager and Human Resource Representative. Each candidate was asked the same series of questions. This is not a professional way to conduct interviews. The BBB is suppose to represent and uphold the rights of the consumer. How can they practice this belief, when they are too lazy to schedule interviews for each candidate?

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Better Business Bureaus (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied for sales position in Utah office. Someone called me within few hours to schedule an interview. When I showed up, first interview was a group one. A big tell-tale of high turnover. The manager that was conducting the interview didn't bother to read resumes of people sitting in front of him. BBB also lied on their job posting about compensation. It said a salary of 35k, turned out to be it's $10 an hour or if your commission is higher than your hourly wage you get your commission. After I confronted manager at the interview, he got defensive. I had to pull my phone out to show him what the job posting had in it. He kept being defensive about it. Told me math is broken and it's a still a salary position and so on. So when we were offered to stay for a second round of interviews, I took off without saying goodbye.

Standards Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Better Business Bureaus (Austin, TX).

Interview

In total, there was a 3-part interview. First, a brief over-the-phone interview with their HR Manager. Then, a quick one-on-one interview with the Director of Operations. Finally, a longer interview with the Director and the two Coordinators below them who would be my director supervisors if hired.

Interview Questions

• In what ways have you noticed a problem at work and actively implemented a solution to resolve this issue in the past?   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Better Business Bureaus (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

very informal went down memory lane with former supervisor. everything went fine nothing to report. Reported to the interview on time spent time reminising on a lot of things

Dispute Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Better Business Bureaus (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Pretty unprofessional and straight forward interview. Basic questions. Nothing to worry about. 2 panel interview. The first person was somewhat rude and uninspiring. 2nd person seemed more lighthearted and positive. However, they make it clear there is no room for growth and the pay is very low. I haven't received an offer as I just had the interview. If I do get one, I am going to decline for sure.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with last minute change?   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Better Business Bureaus (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied with resume to open position. Phone call invitation to interview. One hour interview. Prepared questions. Did great. Promised second interview. Got denial email four days later. There was something out of my control that impacted my success or failure.

Interview Questions

• Describe managerial strategy   1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Better Business Bureaus (West Palm Beach, FL).

Interview

One on One interview, with the Operations Manager, there was a review of my resume, discussion of past employment history, goals, education...as well as future aspirations. I was educated on the duties of the organization, their role in the community, what is expected of the agency's members, and so forth. We also discussed how my past experiences would be helpful to the position I was applying for. Also discussed flexibility and transportation.

Interview Questions

• What did I want to accomplish from this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a slightly higher pay rate