Bexar County Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bexar County Interview Questions

2.4

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bexar County (San Antonio, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Very thorough and laid back interview process. They cut to the chase and lay out all the details, good and possibly seen as bad. The supervisors were extremely welcoming and answered many questions I had.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think this job is right for you?   1 Answer

Probate and Estate Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Bexar County.

Interview

Applied online and received a call a few weeks later for an interview. Arrived at the interview where they asked me fill out a background check application and to let them get a copy of my DL. After a small wait, I was invited into a room where three employees asked various questions about work history, relevant experience, work attendance, and other typical 'customer service' interview questions. At the end, the interviewers allowed me to ask them questions about working there and that I would receive a response later whether if I've been hired, or not. The entire interview lasted between 10-15 minutes.
    I received a letter a few days later from the office stating another candidate has been selected for the position. I checked the HR later in the day and saw that the position was posted and accepting applications again.

Computer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bexar County.

Interview

A panel of three people usually the panel will be woman and men. The panel make you feel welcome and comfortable. The interviews are usually about 30 to 45 minutes all .

Can't Say Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bexar County.

Interview

Easy simple questions nothing too hard to answer one on one interview. Didn't take long maybe 15 minutes. Got a job offer within a week after interview. Accepted started training in a week.
    Could just be the department I applied for

Juvenile Supervision Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Bexar County (San Antonio, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Took over 6 months due to not having in-house services for things like background checks. Interviewed by supervisory staff and it helps to get to know some of the people working there so you have a better in.

Interview Questions

• Took an MMPI test, that took only about an hour but is very long.   Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist III - District Attorney's Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bexar County (San Antonio, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I was contacted about 4 weeks after my online application. Interview was a one on one with Project Manager. He focused on the level of skills I had instead of on my methods of completing tasks despite the fact that I have 10 years of experience. He then commented on my attire (Polo & Slacks) and stated that it was not acceptable. He proceeded to drill me on my skills and ask word problem type questions as he was looking for mid-level, text book skills but low level experience in problem solving.

I was not given the chance to ask questions of my own. He did make a point to express that he was "cleaning house" with a slight grin as he said it. This indicated to me that he has no problem with firing staff and he might enjoy it too. He closed the interview by stating that HR would be the ones to contact me next either way.

Interview Questions

• PC in court room goes down while court is in session, what steps do you take to solve the problem?   Answer Question

Network Support III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bexar County (San Antonio, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

The contacted me one month after my application. Met with a few members of staff and supervisors in a panel type interview. All questions were relevant to job duties. They did fail to contact me in order to notify me I was not selected even though they assured me they would. I have to contact HR.

Criminal Assignments Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bexar County (San Antonio, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied mid-February 2011 and received a call back in the beginning of March. I had the interview and the next day they offered me the job. They asked me questions that they could have known by looking at my application - where have I worked? what experience do I have? Why did I quit my last job? Usually job interviews here (w/ the County) are with 3 or 4 people. They also asked what my strongest qualities are. They did not seem to have reviewed my resume and application before the interview but still seemed like they wanted me for the interview. Even after the interview, they seemed like they really didn't listen to what I said about myself.

Interview Questions

• What are your strongest qualities?   1 Answer
    • Why do you think you would be good for this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. My advice is that the opportunity hardly ever comes around - take the offer.

Juvenile Probation Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bexar County (San Antonio, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Initially I met with two senior management figures within the department, then I also had to do all of the testing. My initial impression was quite favorable and I was rather excited to have the chance of getting a position there especially since I had just graduated college. Unfortunately though, I was ultimately offered a position beneath what I was qualified for and had interviewed for; being that the job market in Michigan was unfavorable I was forced to accept their offer.

Interview Questions

• If faced with violence from the juveniles how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate any aspects of the contract offer.

Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bexar County in January 2008.

Interview

Basic questions. Bexar likes to hear how you want to make the most of your oppertunity and promotions.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply w/ Bexar   1 Answer
    • Do you understand that over time is paid w/ comp time (no o.t. pay)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiations unless you are super qualified w/ masters or dr.s degrees.