Cover image for Big W

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Big W Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 124 of over 124 interviews

Employee Referral2%
2.1
HardAverageEasy

Big W

Application

I interviewed at Big W

Interview

Phone Interview - Quick questions on work availability Group Interview - Problem Solving Tasks & group activities One on One Interview - More detailed discussion on availability to work and job progression

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    Answer Question

Big W

Application

I interviewed at Big W

Interview

Group interview with about 10-15 other people, split into groups of about 4-5 and given basic safety questions and tasked to prioritise them. Then was given a one-on-one interview although this is not always the case from what i've heard. This was also for a Christmas Casual position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Big W

Application

I interviewed at Big W

Interview

First round interview: one on one discussion with hiring manager asking (predominantly) skills based questions. Second round interview: hiring manager plus department head asking interpersonal based questions. Both interviews conducted virtually.

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle pressure when faced with competing deadlines?

Anonymous Employee in Adelaide

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big W (Adelaide)

Interview

Applied online through their website. Received an email with follow up questions through Google docs. And then received an invitation for an interview. The interview was held a week later was very easy and straightforward.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you identified a work hazard and how you solved it.

Big W

Application

I interviewed at Big W

Interview

online interview, asked me about myself, why I want to work at big w and gave a scenario and asked me what I would do in that scenario. Was about 5 minutes, fairly easy

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Big W

Application

I interviewed at Big W

Interview

no interview needed just resume and meet the manager then wait for them to contact me via phone or email then follow the hiring process usually induction process and paperwork

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Big W

Application

I interviewed at Big W

Interview

Very few questions, mainly wanted to know about previous experience, any skills, and check whether I was willing to learn new skills. Checked that I was physically fit to lift heavy items in the stock room, though I'm young so it wasn't a major concern anyway.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Big W

Application

I interviewed at Big W

Interview

Two processes, question-and-answer sessions and interviews. The whole application process takes two weeks. The first step is easy to pass, while the second step is the most important. And at the end of the whole process will receive timely completion of the reminder.

Interview Questions
  • What difficult things have you experienced and how did you cope

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Big W (Perth, Western Australia) in Jun 2022

Interview

Firstly I applied to a job online from Job Seek. Within a week I was invited to the next step in the process. This was a written response to two questions. I then was informed of an online interview which I was given 24 hours to complete. I answered on line a number of questions and then recorded online answers to questions. It was a very quick response time and I was offered the position within a week.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here? When have you been able to overcome a difficult situation - what was it and how did you overcome it. What is your work availability? Have you ever experienced conflict within a team at work? How did you deal with it?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Big W (London, England)

Interview

really easy and quick no stress, really calm environment to do it in. The interviewer was nice and positive, and asked typical questions, she made me feel welcomed and relaxed as i was asked firstly about me and then went onto the other questions when i was ready.

Interview Questions
  • i cannot remember as it was a while ago
Viewing 1 - 10 of 124 Interviews